Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The Big Costume Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, unless one of these is an alt I don't know about, it
appears that none of us won. *sigh*

...And, honestly, even without that disappointment? I don't think I really like any of them enough to vote for one over another. YMMV.

--Sam

"Remember: denouement."
I was gonna enter that with Ifrit... stupid America only competition...
Ah, geeze, I forgot all about that. I was thinking of entering Eva or maybe Sergeant Pepper.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
None too keen on the costumes but when I was just a tiny toon Global was in the Hollows offering free tps to missions. Very much a hero type thing to do.
Was he part of the original "Paragon Taxi Service" supergroup? His costume very much looks like their schtick from that era.
Quote: Logan Darklighter wrote:

Was he part of the original "Paragon Taxi Service" supergroup? His costume very much looks like their schtick from that era.
Methinks youthinks I pay more attention than I actually do. I remember the name of most of the heroes that helped me out in my first month or so,
just their names though. It took well into my 3rd month to value super groups at all.
Y'know, I'm gonna take the opposite tack here. Forgive me. But I think most of these costumes are pretty damn good.

American Shaman, Emcc, Mister Maniacal and Swiftwing have very strong and recognisable classic superhero looks. They make good use of underutilized elements and composition in the character creator. Mister Maniacal pulls off the top-hat and striped pants excellently - c'mon, how many people do you see who use those pieces? And I particularly like what Swiftwing did. Contrary to what folks think, black isn't an easy colour to use, precisely because it's so common, but that's an excellent use of accent and visual blending. It is a very solid 90's costume design.

Consider also the fact these are BRILLIANTLY composed screenshots, for the most part. In fact, while I'm not that impressed by Jest Desserts' costume, I gotta say that is one HELL of a screenshot. Insanely good.

As for the contest being North America only...well, ehn. That's why I couldn't enter. But I'm used to that. That's just how it is. While CoH has a truly global subscriber base, the fact of the matter is...tax and import/export regulations, red tape...

There was one contest which wasn't explicitly restricted geographically, and was won by a fellow in Argentina...Doctor Leo on the official forums. The poor guy received the prize, alright - months late, and he had to pay import duties to customs...
-- Acyl