Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tales of The Legendary Karaoke Dance Party!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The invites had gone out a while ago. Music, food, dancing... it was a party, for no apparent reason other than to throw a party. When the night arrived, it
had begun slowly, but more and more people were steadily trickling in, and by the end of the first hour it had transformed from a friendly gathering to a
full-blown friendly riot. Eva sipped at her punch and watched with a curious grin as several men of the Legendary were dragged, pushed, and otherwise cajoled
into seats in front of the makeshift stage by their respective dance partners. The rest of the crowd formed a respectful half-circle and waited expectantly as
the last notes of the music died away to be replaced by ominous silence.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" boomed Mag Flashlight's voice. "We're going to shift gears a bit here and invite a few of the lovely ladies of
the Legendary to the stage. Gamma Emission! Emerald Blast! Bella Fuego! Space Mage! Come on up!"

There was movement on the darkened stage as the men in the chairs suddenly put two and two together. Terrence and Morgan and Marcus just barely had time to
share panicked glances before the house lights dropped and the music started.

It was a fast, driving beat, with a piano line over the top, and only a few beats before a pencil spot leapt out and nailed the women on the stage. All four
of them began to move forward, slowly, their very presence pressing the men back in their seats.

"Where have all the good men gone, and where are all the gods?" Space sang in a clear, slightly tremulous voice.

"Where's the street-wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?" Gamma and Emerald put in.

"Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?" Bella added with a hint of fire in her eyes.

"Late at night I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need!" they all sang at once. "I need a hero! I'm holding on for a hero 'til
the end of the night... he's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight!"

"... help...." Terrence whimpered as the women stepped off the stage and slowly approached the chairs, still singing along with the fast-paced hit
from the 80's. A part of Terrence's junk-drawer mind identified it as the Bonnie Tyler cut.

"It's every man for himself," Marcus declared in an undertone, making as if to rise, only to be stopped by Space Mage, who reached out with one
hand, placed a finger against his chest, and pushed him effortlessly back down into his chair.

At the back of the room Eva was doubled over in laughter, watching the spectacle. So was half the crowd, truth be told. She glanced over at the sound booth,
where Mag Flashlight worked the mixer board, giant headphones perched on his head while his cigar bobbed in time to the music. Beside him, wearing the same
model of headphone (which looked even MORE ludicrous on her) was Katy Kaboom, working the light board. Mag looked up and caught Eva's eye, and winked.
She drifted over as the song continued. The women were now draping themselves on the poor, tortured souls in the chairs, as the lyrics reached the line
"... Through the wind and the chill and the rain, and the storm and the flood, I can feel his approach like a fire in my blood!"

"What can I do for ya, boss lady?" Mag asked with a grin. Katy waved 'hello' but kept her eyes on her work, though her face showed she was
trying hard not to burst out laughing. "Got a song in mind for your set?"

Eva blinked. "Um, no, not really. What IS all this?"

Mag stepped out of the booth and took Eva by the shoulders, gently turning her to face the stage as the last notes of the song died out and the crowd roared
its approval.

"This, boss," he began quietly, then reached up and flicked his mic on. His voice boomed out of the PA system as Katy recognized her cue and flipped
a large red switch on her panel. "THIS IS THE LEGENDARY KARAOKE DANCE PARTY!"

Above the stage a rippling series of pops sounded as tiny explosive charges went off in quick succession, spewing confetti and streamers into the air and
letting a concealing cloth fall, to reveal a sign drawn in laser light that read "TANNING INVITATIONAL". Mag frowned at it momentarily and raised an
eyebrow at Katy.

"Oops," Katy said, and tapped keys. The sign melted and re-formed: "LEGENDARY KARAOKE DANCE PARTY"

"That's better," Mag muttered. He keyed the mic again. "DJ Mag is in the house! Who's next on the hit parade?"

The idea hit me, and I just had to. *grin*

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
"I've got a request for the Weird Al version of a song, here, but I can't read the name, so we're gonna play the song and see who shows
up!"

As the rhythmic squirts and squelches of the mustard into to Weird Al's "Eat It" launched out of the PA system, incredulity spread over the
crowd. A near-choral gasp erupted as a plummeting blue shape snapped it's wings open, knocking the microphone stand akilter, and snatching the microphone
out of the air.

"WHY YOU ALWAYS SUCH FUSSY YOUNG MAN" Gen growled, in perfect time and her 'battle cry' voice, loud and monotone. The rest of the song
continued in the same vein - though thankfully she covered the microphone for the squealing bits in the center.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Mag looked over to the side, where he could see one of the quieter members of the Legendary paging through the list of songs that Katy had opened up on a
couple spare laptops. The dark skinned woman looked up and him and smiled, her eye showing joy. "I'm a singer by trade you see, and I want to ROCK
this place!" she told him, before leaning back down to the list.

His Lovely Wife

There was one thing about having brothers and being somewhat influential and threatening people with strange diseases that made Minuet cheer. The dance
party had been a great idea and she had an even better one to get a shy little Legendary up on stage. It had only taken a few eyelash battings and one round
of fake tears and three of her brothers had agreed to the job and were now standing ready - but not quite chilled since they were crowded around Bella - in
swim trunks. Superball was another story. He was in swim trunks alright; great glowing fluorescent green trunks which clashed horribly with his red costume.
She let it slide, this once. At least he was participating.

"OK, I'll let Mag know we're ready." She turned away to talk with Mag in the "booth"

"How did she talk us into this?" Supes stood next to Wide Receiver, who was also wearing only swim trunks and asked.

"It's the pigtails. I'm pretty convinced it's the pigtails."

The heavy drum beats started, followed by the guitar and just as the singing started Fae Wree Tail appeared in the middle of the stage. She squeaked and
tried to go stage left. "I knew a guy who's tough but sweet." Morgan stood in her way. She turned to stage right. "He's
so fine he can't be beat
." Felspar had the other exit covered. "He's got everything that I desire." Marcus appeared in
centre stage behind Fae. "Sets the summer sun on fire." Fae glared at all of them. "I want candy! I want candy!"
Fae's ears perked up at that. Min laughed and clapped her hands as Fae threatened them all with her famous baseball bat as they all flexed on the
stage.

Mag turned to Min, standing near him, during the second verse, as Fae threatened the guys preened. "How'd you get them to do that?" She
turned to look at him and he was caught in the pout, the tear filled eyes. "AHHHH! No! I'm working here!" Min laughed again. This had been
such a great idea.

"Candy on the beach there's nothing better." A hologram of the Talos Island's beach appeared behind Marcus and photos of The
Legendary Men flexing in their bathing suits (all obtained with permission) at The Legendary's Summer Beach Party cycled through. "But I like
candy when it's wrapped in a sweater
." Superball appeared. "Someday soon I'll make you mine." Wide was teleported onto the
stage. "And I'll have candy all the time." All five men stood in a line and flexed.

No was more surprised than Fae when it started raining liquorice from the sky as Min teleported little packages of Allsorts over Fae's head during the
last guitar/drum section. She couldn't wait to see what people came up with next.
Sudden, distorted electric guitar octaves blared from the speakers, followed by a famous solo. Simultaneously, Dark Miasma flowed across the stage, far more effective than a mere fog machine. A familiar mezzo-soprano began to sing.

Purple Haze is in my brain!
Lately things ain't been the same...

The assembled heroes tensed as the feminine form topped with fox ears stepped from the obscuring mist, her feminine geometry proceeding on exceptional sine curves, revealing the fuku-clad QB Kitsune, dragging her paramour Glaive von Heim onto stage.

Actin' funny, and I don't know why...

She pressed herself up against the tow-headed bioroid, making him start in embarrassment. She looked out to her audience with a foxy grin.

Pardon me, while I KISS THIS GUY!

She suited word to deed, knocking him over in her pounce.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
"... you're kidding. Right? Please tell me you're kidding." Leon McNichol stared, horrified, at the person across the table. Around them
the party rocked on.

"Nope."

"Oh, come on! I don't owe you THAT much!"

"Yes you do."

"... dammit!"

Mag consulted the next entry on the list, blinked, and raised an eyebrow at Katy, who nodded to indicate that yes, indeed, it was accurate. He cleared his
throat and fought back a rising grin. "Yo! Leon! You're up!"

Leon hopped up onto the stage and glowered at someone lost in the crowd. As the music began, those members of the audience into ... weirder music... got very
wide eyes and began to laugh.

"Deborah was a Catholic girl, she held out 'til the bitter end," he sang out in a surprisingly good tenor. "Carla was a different type,
she's the one who put it in." The crowd began to laugh, both at the bizarre lyrics and the fact that Leon was standing there, scowling, and singing
in perfect harmony with the sparse melody. "Reno was an aimless girl, a geographic memory. Cathy was a Jesus freak, she liked that kind of misery."

By this point, most of the crowd was -howling- in laughter. Leon got into it, a little, and finished the song smiling. As the last notes died off he lifted
the mic one last time and intoned gravely, "Eighty-eight lines about forty-four women."

(the song)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
"There aren't enough tears." Terrence Knight muttered, wrapping a large hand around his ginger ale.

"No, I don't expect she will be singing any emo songs." Bella said, wrapping an arm around Morgan's waist.

"No I mean… nevermind." Terrence muttered.

"Probably I Touch Myself by the Divinyls." Emerald Blast consulted Mr. Whiskers. "Or Tainted Love by Soft Cel."

"Fuck the Pain away by Peaches?"

"Touch me by Samantha Fox?"

"How about Touch Me by the Doors?"

"Toucha-toucha-touch me from the Rocky Horror Picture Soundtrack?"

"Cream by Prince"

"I Want Your Sex by George Michaels"

"She would have to sing it in the men's bathroom for full effect."

"All possibilities to be sure." Bella's red eyes narrowed. "But rather obvious, and while Jackie can be obvious, it is when you is being
subtle that she is most dangerous."

The light began to flash, the reds and oranges fading to deep blues and purples. Jackie took to the stage. There was a gasp of indrawn breath.

"That's just not…. Right."

"I don't believe it."

"Inconceivable!"

"She's wearing clothes! From a practical point that makes her less conceivable than normal."

"Bonjour mes braves." Jackie said; her voice pitched low. "This is not a song for me. It is for those who truly place themselves and their lives
into the path of danger. I remain a coward. I do not deserve this song. You mes braves, mes belle braves. You do."

She gestured, streams of ice arcing from her fingers to form a chair. She sank into it, arranging the folds of her long skirt. She leaned forward in doing so,
flashing a vast expanse of cleavage from the plunging neckline of her blouse. As she straightened, the lights dimmed further, so only the barest outline of her
could be seen. A note from a violin cut through the dark.

"Dry your eyes and quietly bear this pain with pride

For heaven shall remember the silent and the brave

And promise me they will never see, the fear within our eyes

We will give strength to those who still remain"

Her voice was rich and true; and carried sorrow and regret. The lights rose slightly, dark blue hues. The club was strangely silent. Bella could feel
Morgan's hand gripping hers, almost painfully tight. Mag had abandoned his dials and knobs and was watching his head slowly nodding.

"Hold your head up high-for there is no greater love

Think of the faces of the people you defend

And promise me, they will never see the tears within our eyes

Although we are men, with mortal sins, angels never cry

Subtle changes in the music. The violin was joined by a keyboard whose sound seemed to melt out of the strings. The sound became fuller. A percussive beat
joined in. So low that it was more felt than heard; but powerful enough to send pulses racing to match it.

"So bury fear, for fate draws near

And hide the signs of pain

With noble acts, the bravest souls

Endure the heart's remains

Discard regret, that in this debt

A better world is made

That children of a newer day might remember

And avoid our fate"

"Prepare for battle!" The cry was ripped from more than one throat. Mag pumped one great fist in the air. While Bella and Morgan were both on their
feet. Living tongues of flame licked over Bella's skin as her eyes lit up in a glowing inferno.

"And in the fury of this darkest hour

We will be your light

A lifetime for this destiny

For we are Winter born

And in this moment... We will not run

It is our place to stand

We few shall carry hope

Within our bloodied hands

And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been

We've lived for these few seconds

For we are Winter born!"

On her feet, Jackie sang out the lyrics; a challenge to be fulfilled by all who listened to it. The percussion faded as subtly as it started, the light fleeing
with it. Jackie had resumed her seat.

"Within this moment now

We are for you, though better men have failed

We will give our lives for love

For we are Winter born

And in our dying

We're more alive, than we have ever been

We will make this sacrifice

For we are Winter born."

"Merci mes braves." Jackie brushed a hand across one cheek. "Merci." She fled the stage.

"I hate this." Gamma said slowly. "Was she being sincere?"

"Yes." Bella said quietly, the flames still burning brightly in her eyes. "And that compadres, is when she is most dangerous. To herself.
Occasionally she rises to be the hero she wants to be, but is still too scared to become."

[Image: 38b16c14940d8051387cd4fc42b376794053fedd.jpg]
Nene tossed a mock salute at Leon as she took the stage, merely wearing casual wear rather than a full powersuit most were familiar with. She restrained a
slight chuckle as at least a couple of her regular teammates tried to place who the spunky redhead on stage was, having never seen her "off duty".
Which, of course, was only possible thanks to the immense size of the combined audience's pool of people to draw possibilities from.

Nodding at the sound booth, she started tapping her foot as an artificial sounding voice spoke out of the speakers to guitar and synth mixture liberally
speckled with odd "tech" sound effects.

"All right, click on, click on me. All right. Click me. Click me here. All right. Click me. Click me here...."

Nene herself took the mic in hand as she started singing, bringing looks of recognition from a few who were more familiar with her singing voice(from times
she'd gotten bored and engaged in impromptu karaoke over the communications channel) than her appearance. And those that knew her, in armor and out,
immediately started suppressing sniggers as Nene merely started singing the first verse.

"I love my computer. You make me feel alright. Every wakin' hour, and every lonely night. I love my computer, for all you give to me. Predictable
errors, and no identity. And it's never been quite so easy.....I've never been quite so happy!"

Getting into the grove of it, she began swinging her head from side to side as the guitar, drums, and bass began pumping out of the speakers heavily enough to
vibrate drinks on the table, red hair swaying with it.

"All I need to do, is click on you! And we'll be joined in the most soulless way. And we'll never ruin each other's day, cause when I'm
through, I just click." She made a gesture with one hand in the air in front of her, and then moved it into brushing an invisible someone out from in
front of her. "And you just go away."

As the artificial voice kicked in again, Nene took a brief bow to the roars of laughter and applause in between verses, before leaning forward on the lyrics
screen, channeling every memory she had of old 40s torch singers as her voice dropped a pitch, picking up enough sultry subtext to glaze a donut with.

"I love my computer. You're always in the mood. I get so turned on, when I turn on you. I love my computer, you never ask for more. You could be my
princess, or you can be my whore. And it's never been quite so easy....I've never been quite so happy!"

A shift of her feet and a twist around moved her back into the classic lead singer position as she continued into the chorus a second time, before finally
reaching the bridge

"The world outside's so big, but it's safe in my domain! 'Cause to you, I'm just a number and a clever screen-naaaaaaame!"

As the guitar solo rocked out, Nene goaded the crowd into more applause, probably not even noticing a few visual cues she was taking from seeing Priss's
concerts, before rolling into the final verse.

"Ohhh, all I need to do, is click on you, and we'll be together for e-ter-ni-ty....and no one's ever gonna take my love from me.....cause I've
got security....her password and a key," she grinned, tossing a small USB flash drive attached to her keys into the air and catching it, slipping it into
her back pocket as the music trailed off into the computer voice repeating its previous lines, Nene taking another bow to the widespread laughter and applause.

"And you all were expecting It's All About The Pentiums, weren't you?" she asked, getting a fresh wave of laughter as she stepped off the
stage.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Spud, Your a genius for starting this thread. *grin* Now allow me to give my Kudos to everyone who's added to this shindig. My favorite is the opening.
'I need a Hero' I really do love that song.
"Hihi everyone," Space Mage chirped, as she flounced up to the front.

Plucking the microphone off the stand, she challenged the room: "I hope everyone's having fun?"

A wave of hearty cheers rolled back - along with one good-natured 'NO' from the rear of the crowd. The dissident was quickly silenced by the
oppressive bourgeoise forces of thrown seat cushions, prompting a fresh round of laughter.

Space beamed, nodding vigorously. This threatened to dislodge the cowboy hat sitting on her head, it being a couple sizes too big for her - but her long
pointy ears caught the brim, keeping it in place. If barely.

In the front row, Marcus stifled a chuckle, the rarely seen sight of his uncovered red hair nearly matching the faint flush on his face.

"Excellent! That's great and totally awesome that everyone's having a good time and enjoying the music," Space continued, "because
now we've got some very special visitors from out of town up next! Now most of you know them from our work with Vanguard and stuff but what you probably
don't know is they've totally been looking at electronic resources while studying our music and stuff and they've chosen to reinterpret a
contemporary work of great cultural importance in their own artistic style so it's gonna be totally awesome and unique and different but also close to home
at the very same time so everyone please enjoy!"

There was a brief pause, as the more pleasantly inebriated members of the revellers slowly caught up with what was said.

Meanwhile, back at the sound booth, Katy Kaboom clicked the dial on an old analog stopwatch, and squinted at the recorded time. She glanced over at Mag
Flashlight. Mag returned her incredulous look with a simple sage statement: 'lung capacity'.

"Right," Space announced, "here we go!"

The distinctive whine of a very familiar teleportation effect filled the hall - almost instinctively setting nerves on edge.

But the effect was mitigated somewhat by the fact one of the new arrivals was quite visibly carrying a microphone. That one joined Space by the side of the
makeshift stage, as the others formed a neatly regimented line, their brightly-coloured Traditionalist armor glittering under the spotlights.

The Rikti with the microphone made a dramatic gesture, then intoned:

Ooh: Ahh: Ooh: Ahh : Ahh

Dance: with us

Hands: initiate clap

Behaviour: like us

Left: Towards: Move

Listen: Learn

Chance: do not miss

We: here with

Caramell: Dansen!

Ooh: Ooh: Oowah: Oowah

As the room of heroes stared at the bouncing diplomatic party in disbelief, an invisible penguin waddled over to Space and gave her a beady eye.

In response, Space whispered back: "Look, it's not my fault, it was either that or Rikti Astley..."
-- Acyl
Numero Catorce hadn't done karaoke in many years, possibly since before his father's long illness. He had flipped through the catalog of songs, briefly
considered Julio Iglesias and discarded it as too much schmaltz, unless he could get Superball to sing Willie Nelson's part, and then discarded it
altogether in fear of Superball's Willie Nelson impersonation. There was no Tito and Tarantula in the catalog (they were more of a Southwestern phenomenon
anyway) and none of the Los Lobos songs listed were particular favorites. He considered Elvis, but Elvis took gold lame, and that Halloween costume was in
storage back in Laredo.

Then it hit him. An old favorite band from his youth. He flipped to the Ms briefly, confirmed that the band was not there, and then over to the Rs. That song,
the one everyone knew. That was there. He pointed it out to Mag, who nodded and set it up.

As the trumpet intro started up, Numero Catorce swaggered up to the microphone, loosening the tie of his dark green suit. On the second measure, he reached
out, grabbed the mike stand, pulled it close, and sang:

She's into superstition

Black cats and voodoo dolls

I feel a premonition

That girl's gonna make me fall.

She's into new sensations

New kicks and candlelight.

She's got a new addiction

For every day and night.

She'll make you take your clothes off

And go dancing in the rain.

She'll make you live a crazy life

But she'll take away your pain.

Like a bullet to your brain!

Upside inside out

Livin' la vida loca!

She'll push and pull you down

Livin' la vida loca!

Her lips are devil red

And her skin the color of mocha.

She will wear you out

Livin' la vida loca.

C'mon!

Livin' la vida loca.

She's livin' la vida loca!
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

His Lovely Wife

"We've had a brief request for a slower song. I'd say break out your lighters but Shizuru would just say our insurance would go up. So
everyone, break out your auras, we've got a slow one. Marcus and Lora'Lai bring you Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft." The spotlight
hit the two khelds "sitting" in Nova Form in the centre of the stage. Their auras mingling beautifully under the spot lights. [/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBAri8ErKGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBAri8ErKGo (starts
@1:13)

The birdsong and synthesizer started and then a lovely soft feminine voice came through:

In your mind you have abilities you know

To telepath messages through the vast unknown

Please close your eyes and concentrate

With every thought you think

Upon the recitation we're about to sing

The two khelds harmonized out:

Calling occupants of interplanetary craft

Calling occupants of interplanetary, most extraordinary craft

A small giggle went through the audience. Even from the Rikti Traditionalists who had decided to stay for a little while longer.

Calling occupants of interplanetary, most extraordinary craft

You've been observing our earth

And we'd like to make a contact with you

We are your friends

Whoever said Khelds couldn't dance in Nova form was WRONG! The aerial ballet was beautiful. It was even more beautiful when some of the other Khelds
in The Legendary joined in.

The cheers and laughter were loud. Lora'Lai made a note to add more cloth and sound dampening materials to the club next time renovations were
needed.

They exited stage left and the lights went out, except for a single spotlight in the middle of the "stage" area. Mag's voice came over the
sound system. "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to The Moulin Rouge!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mp115afFIA

Four forms were backlit so you could only see basic body types. Three were about the same height, one was slightly shorter. They're bodies moved
slowly to the beat as they began snapping their fingers.

Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, flow sista

Hey sista, go sista, soul sista, go sista

Meredith Mac Hine strutted forward, as some lights came up. She wore what could only be described as a modified Carnival costume - a black leather bustier,
SHORT shorts in red silk, thigh high black stockings, stilettos, and a riding crop in one hand. Her short read hair was styled in such a way to cover the scar
on her cheek.

He met Marmalade down in old Moulin Rouge

Struttin' her stuff on the street

She said, "Hello, hey Jo, you wanna give it a go?
" Oh! uh huh

Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya dada (Hey hey hey)

Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya here (here)

Mocha Chocalata ya ya (oh yea)

Creole lady Marmalade

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir

Voulez vous coucher avec moi

Margaret Mac Hine strutted forward as Meredith stepped back to join her sisters in the shadows. She wore a green sequined bikini top, SHORT short in black
silk, stiletto shoes and black fishnet stockings that accentuated the length of her legs. Her long hair was loose and flowing over her shoulders.

He sat in her boudoir while she freshened up

Boy drank all that Magnolia wine

All her black satin sheets, suede's, dark greens

yeah

Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya dada (da-da-da)

Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya here (here ohooh yea yeah)

Mocha Choca lata ya ya (yea)

Creole lady Marmalade

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir, what what what)

Voulez vous coucher avec moi

Marianne Mac Hine strutted out of the shadows. Her black silk bikini topped sparkled with matching sequins. Her matching black silk SHORT shorts with
silver accents jingled softly as her hips shimmied and a soft creek came from her black leather thigh high boots. Her long hair was tied up into a soft do
that accentuated the shape of her face.

He come through with the money and the garter bags

I let him know we bout that cake straight up the gate uh

We independent women, some mistake us for whores

I'm sayin', why spend mine when I can spend yours

Disagree? Well that's you and I'm sorry

Imma keep playing these cats out like Atari

Wear ideal shoes get love from the dudes

4 bad ass chicks from the Moulin Rouge

hey sistas, soul sistas, betta get that dough sistas

We drink wine with diamonds in the glass

bottle case the meaning of expensive taste

if you wanna Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya

Mocha Chocalate-a what?

Real Lady Marmalade

One more time C'mon now

The three elder Mac Hine sisters stood and shimmied together, blocking the view of their fourth as the volume and tempo of the song increased.

Marmalade... Lady Marmalade... Marmalade...

Minuet Mac Hine pushed through her sisters and strutted her stuff across the stage. She wore a gold bikini top - that accentuated very nicely what her recent
pregnancy had endowed her with - and the matching gold SHORT shorts, thigh high gold fishnet stockings and gold stiletto lace up boots. For once, her hair was
down and curled slightly to give it some bounce.

Touch of her skin feeling silky smooth

color of cafe au lait alright

Made the savage beast inside roar until he cried,

More-more-more

The four sisters shimmied and gyrated and strutted across the stage together as they sang:

Now he's back home doin' 9 to 5

Sleepin' the grey flannel life

But when he turns off to sleep memories creep,

More-more-more

Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya dada (da daeaea yea)

Giuchie, Giuchie, ya ya here (ooh)

Mocha Choca lata ya ya (yea)

Creole lady Marmalade

They started off the stage and strutted their way across the floor towards the back of the room. Winking or sliding their hands over whoever happened to be
standing next to where they were walking, still singing as they went; taking in the wonderfully stunned expressions of their team mates.

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir)

Voulez vous coucher avec moi '(all my sistas yea)

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir (ce soir)

Voulez vous coucher avec moi (C'Mon! uh)

They all struck a pose as Mag and Katy Kaboom hit them with a spot light at the back of the room.

Creole Lady Marmalade Yes-ah......
Valles had actually come to the party intending to sing. Something she'd picked. Land of Confusion, maybe, or Carry On My Wayward Son. Unfortunately, her girlfriends had different ideas, dragging her onstage and tweaking her costume bracelet to put her into the 'club outfit' that she almost never wore.

Then she saw the title of the song on the lyric prompter and her heart about seized in her chest. They are so dead, she thought.

After that, there wasn't time to do anything but sing and improvise. "I'm too sexy for my love," she laid the hand that wasn't holding against the slope of her bosom, then jerked it away like someone touching an electric burner, "Too sexy for my love," and she turned the motion into a casual, contemptuous brush off. "Love's going to leave me."

An idea occurred to her, and she hammed it up, miming a classic 'lightbulb' expression. "I'm too sexy for my shirt," she sang, looking down at her jacket, "Too sexy for my shirt," she plucked thoughtfully at its fabric, then stretched and rubbed at her lower back. "So sexy it hurts"

She did the entire song on that vein, spinning and downshifting her derriere for a few steps to do 'a little turn on the catwalk', letting her hair swing and settle behind her with a twitch of head and shoulder in favor of a hat, and finally (possessed, she would later claim, by a fit of temporary insanity), setting the microphone on a the prompter and leaning forward with both hands on her knees and cleavage presented as best she knew how for, "And I'm too sexy for this song."

Then, by hitting the 'base teleporter' option on her bracelet, she vanished in a flash of light.

The cheers were easily audible from the other end of the base as she stepped off of the teleport pad.

"I'm still going to kill both of them," she said, under her breath.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
For the whole evening Evangelia had remained seated in the rear of the audience, as far from the makeshift "stage" as she could get and still be part of the festivities. She clearly enjoyed herself, whooping and clapping with the rest of the Legendary for the exceptional performances, jeering good-naturedly at the exceptionally bad ones. It was only at the end of evening, when it seemed that the party was running down and the pool of singers had been exhausted, that she slipped a scrap of paper into Mag's hand and then strolled casually up to the "stage" to a cresting wave of cheers and friendy ribbing.

With a smile Eva accepted the mike, settling into a ready stance eerily reminiscent of her combat posture. Too, the way she wrapped her right hand around the microphone reminded more than a few of the Legendary of how she tended to grip her sword when wielding it one-handed. Letting her arms hang loosely at her sides as she looked past the lights that illuminated the stage, she nodded once, sharply.

A drum riff burst out and rolled down into an explosion of bass guitar that spun off twice into arpeggios before settling into a short intro with a lead guitar and a keyboard. With a movement every bit as crisp and precise as one of her surgically-clean strikes, Eva snapped the microphone up to her lips just in time to meet the rapid-fire accompaniment and belt out in her clear soprano:

"For she who steps on the way of the sword

The path gets harder at every turn

Sanctuary she'll find no more

Among the people of her lot

She will leave the past behind

The Goddess knows what she is to find

"Past is left behind

For the one on the way of the sword

Fools are meant to fall

They'll get lost along the way

Past is left behind

For the one on the way of the sword

Fools are meant to fall

I am she who's on the way of the sword..."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Shizuru looked up from her tea to smile and applaud as Evangelia left the stage. "You really should go up and sing something." Plasma Sabre
suggested, for once not clad in her Hardsuit, but her old Engeneering outfit. "Perhaps." With a small shrug, she stood and walked over to Mag.
"Here, I'll be singing this." Mag looked down at the disk and nodded. Tapping one of the studs on her watch, Shizuru's clothing morphed
into her Fuuka Gakuen uniform as she strode onto the stage. Grabbing the microphone as the into music played, she let the emotion of the night build up as her
vision swept the crowd before she began.

The days which are piling up

Are locked deep within my memories

Unlike yesterday

I'm now standing firm right here

The falling darkness

Gently embraces everything

It's the true meaning of those which

I swore to protect

I wonder how many times have I gazed up at

The stars which spread towards infinity

I will never forget that night

Even though I cannot return to it…!

I have lost nothing

An overflowing energy

Passionately, strongly and unwaveringly

Even in a world without light

I can sense your voice…

I will search only for you

A warmth like a sunny spot

How long

Have I been expecting it?

I'm afraid

To acknowledge it

My face became gloomy within that single moment

And I realized

A sharp pain

Is trying to escape from within me

It's like losing your way in a deep forest

Where is the exit?

Mistakes and rightness

Cannot be compared

During that time when we met

The door of fate was opened, wasn't it?

Wipe your tears away, and be sure

To have the feeling of not wanting to lose to anyone

Let it be beautiful as it is now

And let it change into a crystal

Watch over the silver moon

The melody has begun to play

The blue hope is beautifully

Released towards the distant future

I have lost nothing

An overflowing energy

Passionately, strongly and unwaveringly

Even in a world without light

I can sense your voice…

I will search only for you

(Bet you all thought Shizuru would sing Shining Days, didn't you?)
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
"This cannot and will not end well, you do know that
major." Cammy said simply.

"Agreed."
Thibor nodded, tossing back another shot of something dark, fragrant, and toxic to lesser men. "But is single form
of peer pressure am still subject to. Besides, is timing. Is Mag eventually
wanting to return to wife before night is over."

"So you are somehow trying to tie a heroic altruism to
the rather obvious fact that you are locked in a bet with Colonel Byrd." Cammy said. "If that excuse was a dog, I would put it down out of kindness. As it is coming from
one, I am considering doing so by proxy."

"Yes."
Thibor admitted. He took another shot. Stacked the glass with the others and
then reached for the next one. "Would be kindness, but is not just about me."

"More of your convenient altruism?" Cammy arched a finely formed eyebrow. "Do tell.
Perhaps it is to ensure that the younger members of the team get enough sleep by causing them to faint straight away, thus granting them a comfortable
eight hours of uninterrupted rest?"

"Setting up exercises." Thibor grimaced, taking one shot in either hand, and downing them in unison.

"Ah, if you win the bet, you do not have to run the
setting up exercises for the new recruits? You are seeking to protect them?"
Cammy crossed her arms over her chest and stared at him.

"No, if am winning, you don't have to run setting
up exercises." Thibor considered the final shot on the table. He put it
down with a gulp and wiped a slight trace of the liquor from his mustache.

"Ah, so this is protecting me from a duty that I rather
enjoy." Cammy noted dryly. She paused as Thibor placed a folded document
into her hands. "Wot?"

"Is new trainer uniform." Thibor noted. "Is not sort of thing that should ever be designed by online
poll." He waited as Cammy perused the document and the attached photo.

"Yes… rather."
She said finally. "I owe you an apology. Are you sufficiently
medicated for this task, or shall I fetch another tray of shooters."

"No. Am close
enough to state of no shame that will not matter." With a slow, careful dignity, Thibor rose and stepped, somewhat
unsteadily towards the waiting microphone.

"Hey Cams."
Charcoal plunked down in the vacated seat. "What's his nibs going to sing."

"The Ballad of Eskimo Nell." Cammy noted.

"Coolness."
Charcoal enthused. "Deadeye Dick, Mexican Pete and the lady who crushes the glass and catches bullets with
her…"

"Yes. That is
the one." Cammy noted. "Or rather that is one version of
it. I am afraid that Thibor has no intention of singing the clean version."

"There's a clean version?" Charcoal seemed momentarily taken aback.

"A misnomer."
Cammy corrected. "The canon version is anything but clean; however, it is a rather odd point of pride for
certain units within the military and merchant marine to create increasingly creative and descriptive verses that exceed to original in sheer offensive
power."

"So a really dirty version. I'm cool with that."

"The last time Thibor sang this particular version, it
incited a jihad, caused a tidal wave and led to the extinction of a rare species of tree lizard."

"They were washed away in the tidal
wave?"

"They took there own lives rather than continue to
listen." Cammy said. "And on that note, I shall be retiring to the
powder room. I will return when the smoke has cleared to offer was comfort I can to the survivors."

Thibor has taken the microphone stand in both hands and was
using it to keep himself steady. The first words rolled out. His voice was
suited to singing, the deliberately tortured sentence structure vanishing at the rote recital. People turned towards
him, fascinated by the suddenly perfect diction.

Then the words registered with them.

Then the screaming started.
Chaos, confusion, madness. Flashing lights as people were thrown bodily off the stage, or back on to it. Three small circles of serenity in the scrum. Thibor, at the moment crooning the chorus, stepping sideways to adroitly dodge Terrence, who had been thrown at the lupiform figure wreaking havoc on the crowd. Evangelia, perched on top of the low wall dividing the seating area from the dance floor, a small smirk on her face and earplugs in her ears, and Mag, in the age-old DJ Pose, one hand on an earpiece, the other fiddling with one of the innumerable controls.

Eva pulled out her wrist comp and sent a quick text message.

HeartsAndArmor: And why, pray tell, are you so calm in the face of this madness?[i]

IceIsNice: Hey, I happen to _like_ Eskimo Nell![b][/b]
[/i]

alaskanime

A strange shudder passed down Gen's spine as the "werewolf" on stage started his song.

I have a baaaad feeling about this, Gen... Iau'Nosi Draig shifted uncomfortably in the back of Gen's mind.

"Huh?" was all Gen had time to utter before she doubled over on the floor, snarling and hissing. Her eyes clamped shut and her mind was flooded with
memories of having been tormented and tortured for the first years of her conscious life by her captor, the Dran'an leader Karegu'Rhia. Apparently, the
song was having the same effect on her mind as Karegu's mind tricks, and somewhere in the back of her head, Gen whimpered as the intense bloodlust she had
kept at bay for the past year boiled to the surface.

A wave of red flooded over her mind and she locked in squarely on the offending party - Thibor. She rose, her glowing eyes suddenly doused as she shut out the
Kheldian essence in her mind completely, replaced now with only the urge to shred and kill and taste flesh and entrails.

She let out a horrible roar, unlike anything The Legendary had heard her utter before, even in the heat of battle. A cry that was hate, pure as sunshine. Her
glowing claws outstretched, she leaped with horrifying speed at Thibor...
((Someone please resolve this, I have something more to add.))
-- Bob
---------
"So, tell me you had a backup plan for this," Nene said, climbing into the sound booth as the apparent brawl opened up near the front stage.

Mag shrugged. "You wanna go try to pull Gen off Thibor when she's in that sort of mood? If she tears off anything important before the blood rage
ends, it'll grow back."

"Yes, but there were still people on the waiting list," Katie noted behind him, which Mag, again, shrugged at.

Nene shook her head. "Whoever heard of pre-screening a karaoke playlist for songs that trigger homicidal episodes. Guess we have to break out the thing we
designed for the talent show two months ago."

"Talent show?" Katie blinked, as Mag glanced at Nene in surprise.

"How'd you find out about that?"

"I asked your base computer while I was bored. Did you know it's almost to the "playful" stage of rampancy?"

"It's -what-?!"

"Geeze, all this processing power and you didn't think it'd develop sentience. Bad programmer! No biscuit!" Nene teased as she climbed under
the music board and hooked in a few bits and pieces, before pulling up a holographic HUD which she adjusted a few settings on. Activating the public address
system, she turned on her mike.

"And now, for something completely different," she added, before there was a slight rumble as a pair of the stage's trapdoors opened up,
revealing the elevating form of pneumatic power hooks, deliberately polished to a bright bronze finish. There was a gout of steam before two rotated into
launch position, firing towards the two figures on stage.

Both missed entirely.

Neither singer nor intended singer assassin noticed the objects fly past their rear, before the cables attached to both recoiled, sending the hooked end flying
backwards and dragging both Thibor and Gen offstage with a loud springing noise, and into a conveniently placed(and blast door equipped) sideroom just
offstage, which shut and locked.

The laser light sign briefly reconfigured into "We Apologize For Any Inconvenience - The Staff", as "Shave and A Haircut" briefly played
over the sound system, and the computer called up the next singer on the list.

Katie looked at Nene with slightly widened eyes. "You had a high pressure, steam powered, GATLING GUN loaded with rejection hooks?"

Nene shrugged. "No, the Legendary did. If it was up to me, we would've had a large gong and a man sized coilgun ejection system."
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Quote:man sized coilgun ejection system

That.. can be arranged.

well played, Ops, well played!
Ten points to Ops and Nene!
-- Bob
---------

alaskanime

Indeed! Big Grin A good way to deal with those two
Vyper sitting quietly in the corner mutters "Just when it was starting to get interesting."
Quote: Vyperpunk wrote:

Vyper sitting quietly in the corner mutters "Just when it was starting to get interesting."

Aaron Blackstone, Riot Force's newest (and possibly only male) Peacebringer, looked up from the book that Aaron was re-reading for the fourth time and
Blackstone was reading for the first. Pulling the Navy surplus ear protectors off his head and digging out the safety earplugs, he said, "What? Did you
say something?" Noticing the remains of the werewolf/lizard fracas on the stage, he asked, "And what's with the blood? Did somebody do an Ozzy
impersonation?"
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Pages: 1 2