Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Legendary Base -- What Next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been meaning to post this for a while, but the revamped base system I've seen touted for I13 just reminded me to do it now.

As of the last major upgrade of the base, the Legendary have more room than they know what to do with. I doubt we're going to need or want any more real
estate. But what is there left to put in the real estate we have now? What goodies haven't we earned or built that we want/need? I know that
there's an inspiration dispenser that we still don't have (yellows and reds, I think), but is there anything else? Or should we just move on to
interior decor?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
- Max out the plot size, make it 'secured', or whatever is preperatory for Base PVP

- Move the teleporters into a single-room arrangement, or a two-room arrangement, especially since we'll be adding one

- i13 invention salvage vs. base salvage rack changes may indicated additional salvage racks will be needed

- begin identification of what is needed to activate base PVP

- interior decor

- provide Logan a raise (I suggest doubling his pay, personally)
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
While I'm all for the idea of adding base PvP elements -- auto-turrets, security doors, whatever's available -- for concept reasons, I'm...
extremely leery of actually engaging in same, for a slew of reasons. I'm not saying I won't if the opportunity arises? But I don't want to see
that become a focus at all, nor do I particularly like the idea of J. Random Jerk being able to mangle our nice pretty shiny base.

(I'm not sure if base raids are instanced or persistent, and what little info I can glean from various sources suggests that at least some of the effects
last beyond the raid itself.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Spud - check your sofaspud prime email
You don't actually have to engage in Base Raiding if you don't wish to, while you can add the elements regardless.

At least for Redside, if you can/do complete the Cathedral of Pain Trial for an Item of Power, you MUST allow your SG to be raided once per somthing. (Think
its a week or 2 ) And if no one is there to defend, well, tough shit. If you can't access/complete the Trial, you can still raid other bases for an Item,
but can not be raided yourself until you aquire an Item. This is all learned from reading info from the SG computer in the Infamous base 'Configure base
teleporter for Cathedral of Pain Trial'.

They removed the Cathedral of Pain Trial, early after i7, when Bases, CoV, and Base raiding was introduced, though. There was a bug in the trial wherein you
could receive XP bonus for doing a Fedex mission, and not complete it, thus free ride to level 50. I have no idea if there are any plans even considered to fix
and re-implement it, though, so for now at least, I think we are safe from it.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
there are plans to reimpliment base raiding, but I've little or no knowledge of the particulars of base raiding. Specifically, I cannot answer the
questions Bob brought up above.

However, I think being 'ready' for it would be a good thing. If we choose to turn it on, there's less work at that time.
Mm. I've never liked the idea of raids, and when I set up the current incarnation of the group I explicitly dismissed them. But I agree with Akhani and Wiregeek that there's no reason we can't use those defensive elements as design elements as well. It certainly gives us something more to spend our Prestige on.

Now here's a question... if we start participating in Raids, can we change our minds and back out later? Or are we forever stuck watching people try to waltz into our base from that point on?
-- Bob
---------
Could we simply schedule token Legendary vs. Infamous raids once or twice a week and swap the Items back and forth? Smile

--Sam

"Roof pig! Most unexpected."
The way I think it works (Recalling from this stuff as from CoV beta, Wiki-hunts, and other such, again only from/for Redside), any SG that is raid-capable can
choose to raid any other SG with an Item of Power. If you defend successfuly, you will still have the Item of Power at the end and thus still be open to
raiding. If you are successful at raiding a base, you will aquire a Item of Power, and must schedule times your base can be raided by the next 'raiding
period' (one or two weeks or whatever). I don't know the specifics of this all, and it might be possible to only have one time slot open for defending
on each of the Infamous/Legendary and be very prudent at keeping each other booked, and thus not really have to defend agains the great unwashed masses of PvP
SGs. I'm not certain if a defending base can have more than one SG raiding at a time, or if it must schedule more than one per period, or if there is a
limit on how many times you can raid per period or how many Items you can have at a time..... In short, it is possible, but I can't say for sure if it
would work well.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

the thought of Nogi actually in the Legendary base, surrounded by Ninja and darkness.. is kinda scary!

I like it!
Hmm, I'm just going to state this right now. Adding PvP items for looks to the base is all fine and cool, but -if- we ever did the base raiding, i'm
out.
define 'out'?

I can't see being able to push through anything other than a scheduled Legendary Vs. Infamous match, just to gain access to whatever trials or task forces
being raidable gets you...
If we can block-book ourselves against ourselves like that and lock everyone else out, I'd have no problems with raids -- they'd just be another among-friends RP experience. But opening us up so the Griefer League of America can come in at will and Break Our Stuff is something I most definitely Do Not Want.
-- Bob
---------
I will not participate in base raiding in any way shape or form, The very Idea that theres a -chance- any SG could possibly raid our base disgusts me, Ok so as
stated something vs the Infamous may be fun, but I dispise the concept of base raiding style pvp.

Scheduals for VS Infamous=fine

but if there is anychance whatso ever another 'Enabled' Vg/Sg' could raid the Legendary Base I'm absolutly against it.
Well, bear in mind there is not much of a plan of even re-introducing the feature, and I agree with Terr. I'd not really mind optional Infamous vs
Legendary skirmishes but if I want a sign on my back saying 'Grief me' I'll go to a PvP zone with no toggles.
---

Quote:PvP zone with no toggles.

now _that_ is scary.

so is there anyone who'd argue _for_ base PvP?
Quote: Wiredgeek wrote:

there are plans to reimpliment base raiding, but I've little or no knowledge of the particulars of base raiding. Specifically, I cannot answer the
questions Bob brought up above.

However, I think being 'ready' for it would be a good thing. If we choose to turn it on, there's less work at that time.
Besides, I suspect those turrents and such could be useful if PETA comes back for a rematch. 8P

If we can block-book ourselves against ourselves like that and lock everyone else out, I'd have no problems with raids -- they'd just be
another among-friends RP experience. But opening us up so the Griefer League of America can come in at will and Break Our Stuff is something I most
definitely Do Not Want.
QFT
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
...Of course, even if we could block-book, we'd also have to build the Infamous base up to raid-quality...
>.
No matter how you look at it, the damn system is more trouble then it's worth.
Yeah, you said it.

But the system's accessories would make the base look cooler.
-- Bob
---------
And with all the Prestige we have, making the base look cooler is always a plus.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
25 mil when I checked post i13 - Yowza!
What I actually wonder about is, during a raid can the raiders damage *non-PVP* items? (Teleporters, etc...)

If not, there probably isn't any functional downside to raidability...

OTOH, if they can, that would be a serious issue.

-Morgan.
Quick way to find out: If you can click on them, and they come up in the target window with a level, they are probably damageable.
-- Bob
---------
Pages: 1 2