Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I have a new Sabre...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...once I actually play her through the tutorial. Mind you, she's based on a bad pun...

Empathy/Psionic Defender.

Dark blue armor with white highlights.

"Life Sabre".

I told you it was bad.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Owwwwww.

As the driver of one of the seemingly-few empaths in The Legendary and associated groups, though, I welcome fresh meat -- I mean, new empaths.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Quote: Sofaspud wrote:

Owwwwww.

As the driver of one of the seemingly-few empaths in The Legendary and associated groups, though, I welcome fresh meat -- I mean, new empaths.
How many are there anyhow? I know Em & Vyper but are there more?
Not to mention Minuet MacHine, our first 50 Empath.
Those are the only high-level empaths I know of -- Emerald Blast, Minuet MacHine, and Vyperpunk.

Ops has one he's off-and-on playing, and I -think- someone else started one recently, but I don't know of any others far along. We've got
scrappers and tankers and blasters coming out of our ears, and various types of defenders and controllers ('trollers seem to be slightly more popular, at
least going by my seat-of-the-pants estimate), but empaths are a rare breed.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I've got an emp that's around level 30, but haven't really played her much because I haven't been on teams where an empath was really needed
that badly. Suppose I could work on leveling her up into the 40s without too much trouble.
Quote: Unicorna wrote:

I've got an emp that's around level 30, but haven't really played her much because I haven't been on teams where an empath was really needed
that badly. Suppose I could work on leveling her up into the 40s without too much trouble.

That's actually the sign of a good team makeup if "ZOMG WE NEEDZA HEALZOR!!!!1one" never comes up. Healing isn't all that emps do though,
that fortitude makes a tough tank tougher, a once n a while critical hit a rare miss and the plight of blasters and defenders the dreaded hold, immob, sleep
and stun (less cool since i13 but still, my troller doesn't like having her offensive toggles drop.) LOEV CM when mowing RWZs lawn with fire. >.> it
also ticks off perma Doms in RV as a happy pvp bonus but flight and tp protection is good to have if you do that with an emp.

Emp advice: pick up an HVAS at some point on your emp. You become a one man army buffing and healing something akin to a MM assault bot... which makes the new
Pain set DEADLY on a MM.
I'd make an emp, I like to heal sure, but I just can't do it alone. If I actually had a team to play with I wouldn't mind at all. Of course if I
seem to be one of the 3 main Tanks so I doubt I'd get much time in when it comes down to it.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI