Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Nemesis Is....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cooked up while noting that theorizing on what/who Nemesis is is an amusing pasttime, I figured most people would have a side interest in crazy crackpot
theories about said criminal mastermind.

My personal favorites thus far:

- Nemesis is Mender Tesseract. Nemesis in classical mythology is a goddess, and Mender Silos is an anagram for Lord Nemesis, a common Nemesis alias. However,
Mender Silos is too obvious, and too openly interested in doing good, even if his methods are suspect. Similarly, The Ouroborus Conspiracy Guy tells us that
Silos is the one keeping Tesseract in check and not out conquering timelines to rule as empress over. Nemesis has a long-standing history of overreaching
himself to the point that he half-causes his own failures(underestimating the Rikti, failing to consider his giant robots on Brass Monday would be extremely
top heavy due to their bipedal nature, etc.) and the concept of a super-intelligent Fake Nemesis developing a personality not quite so morally ambivalent and
taking over from Fleshy Nemesis is not inconceivable. Furthermore, Silos' violation of the time travel laws that govern living beings would be
inapplicable, since he's merely a machine. On the other end, Nemesis/Tesseract stews in servitude to her creation, while secretly seeding the fields for a
revolution by a series of secret letters. All the Menders are portrayed as morally ambiguous and potentially diabolical in the letters....except for Tesseract,
who the writer seems almost admiring of for her forthright nature in being clearly an evil overlord if not being under Silos' leash. Nemesis's ego is
such that she can't even pretend to disparage herself, thus resulting in an odd, out of place letter describing herself, compared to the tone of the
others.

- Nemesis is a stupidly powerful telepath. Nemesis' primary advantage seems to be his blinding intellect, capable of creating plan after plan after plan
for all sorts of contingencies, but said plans often seem as if he's capable of A.seeing the future or B. simply all-knowing. Similarly, he's a
brilliant inventor and engineer, having complete credit for developing the Fake Nemesii, the Automatons, and his own soldiers steampunk technology. He's a
capable commander, capable of installing his troops with fanatical zeal and loyalty...all making him out to be the perfect human villian. But the chances of
all that concentrated in one person are...unlikely. Rather, Nemesis is simply telepathic and "borrowing" said attributes from people known to
naturally have them, making him out to be an (occasionally inconsistant) super-intelligent and capable villian by proxy. Similarly, his seeming omniscience is
because he's literally reading the minds of his opponents and laying out his plans ahead of what they're
already doing. The Rikti War was his first major blunder because the Rikti were powerful enough psychics to make his reading Hro'Dtohz's plan of war
impossible, leading to his backup plan of literally seizing control of the Rikti race as a whole by uploading his telepathic consciousness into their mind net
and taking it over from within instead. His extremely long lifespan that dates all the way back into the 19th(possibly 18th) century is the result of his using
his massive telepathic powers on the PsychoChronoMetron to rewrite history so that he's always been there. This had the side effect of his body becoming
very old, leading to the Eternal Nemesis arc, where he needs to create a new brain to house his impressive mind(and telepathic powers) since a computer brain
won't do. In fact, the brain template he uses is stolen from the Paragon Protectors, known to be used to house superhuman abilities(including psychic ones), so that he can maintain his ongoing campaign.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
...Under that theory, I think Nemesis is actually the Clockwork King... ^.^

--Sam

"I weave a lethal net of baked goods that few can escape."