Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Riots base is a mess, I know...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've spent all day rebuilding the Riot Force base. Putting the workshops together, rearranging the teleporter bay... for the record, the base editor
fucking SUCKS... anyway, the workshop is rebuilt, the salvage racks have a lot of rare salvage, so feel free to grab some, I've added a supercollider and
such. The teleporter bay is working, although it needs stairs. And at this point, as I've been booted off the server for some reason and can't
reconnect, screw it, I'm taking a break. The power room and control room are a MESS, but we don't need to use them, and I'll fix them later.

Good lord, I HATE that editor.
We need to hire a contractor. Does Atl have any Riot Force alts? :lol
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Heh, he's got one base to give him nightmares. And yes, I know the salvage vault is hovering away from the wall. It didn't want to get any closer.
I'm tempted to put something glowy next to it and say it's a dimensional portal Tongue
I'm pretty sure I do have a couple of Riot Force alts. I'm also pretty sure I don't want to be full time editor for two bases. Tongue

On the other hand if you want to give one of my alts editing privileges, I'd be happy to help out from time to time.
I can always ask Zilem Kain if he wants to work on it. He's done wonders with the Dojo of Immortal White Tigers and the Citadel of Eternal Damnation.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
IF... -IF- you don't get anyone else... and I can find time between juggling the various toons I have... I'll do it, provided you don't mind that
it might be a day or so between edits and I'll like a theme to work with.

Shader
Oh, I'm not recruiting a base designer. Just letting people know its a mess outside the medical, workshop and teleporter areas and I'll fix it
tomorrow. Given that I pretty much pulled the old base apart and put it back together in a way that put everything in a better spot. As it was, we had
workshops on opposite ends of the base. And while I was at it, I installed a Turbine Generator, and made a larger control room to handle everything, and
I'll probably be putting in a smaller second teleport bay as well, and dear god it never ends...
I...

I'm probably risking an anime mallet to the head by saying this, but I think the base editor's pretty good, actually.

No, no, hear me out. It's got a ton of odd quirks and weird glitches that need to be worked around, but the way I see it, a lot of that has to do with the fact there's actually a great deal of functionality in the engine. Honestly, you can do a lot with the thing. Really, it's a pity that most folks don't get to play around with it.

There is a certain tension between functionality and visual design, though.
-- Acyl
*Pulls out the mallet and swings*

The real problems actually came with the recent updates. Now that you can place anything anywhere, more of less, the editor gets a little grumpy. It
occasionally fails to notice the floor is actually a spot higher then it's trying to place the item, or that the wall mounted object is a foot away from
the wall... and this is the really odd one. With some items, I'd select, move the item out onto the map... and the editor would then decide that THAT SPOT
RIGHT THERE was the only spot in the entire room that item can go. No matter what. Frustrating.
Well let me put it this way - I like what the base editor lets you do, and I think the basic interface is fine.

I agree, however, that it'd be much better if it didn't crash every so often due to the massive lag and load, tendency for accidental clicks and such
forcing you to go back and fix stuff you'd already completed, and dear GOD I wish there were an 'undo' button...etc, etc, etc... =D
-- Acyl
Ops, hit me up with build privs on Lost - I won't design, but I'll be happy to execute instructions such as 'fix the damn stairs in the teleporter
room before I go crazy'
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies