Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Dark Heart High?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does a branch exist on Virtue? And if so, who plays in it? I've -finally- got a concept that works for me, I'd like to get her in at some point Smile

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Not at the moment, as far as I know.

Me, I've just started a new toon for it over on Justice; I could redo over on Virtue if we really want to start one there.

Opinions?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Well, if it's still active on Justice, I could migrate her over -- I just wasn't sure if it was still active anywhere, and we're mostly
Virtue-based these days, it seems, so I figured I'd check. Smile

... so I guess my vote would be, stick with Justice (if that's where it's at) unless a significant number -want- to move, heh.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Well, let's hear some other voices. Are folks interested in renewed/continued DHH play over on Justice, moving to Virtue?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
This voice needs more data to make an informed response.
I've already moved Madeline Dist, my Bots/FF MM, from Justice to Virtue, and plan at some point to do the same for my Sicko Psycho Twin of Psycho Sickness.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
WEll, we created DHH and the Little Legendary on Justice as our more prolific altitis-cursed folks reached critical mass on Virtue and Infinity before the advent of purchasable character slots.

Little Legendary is a take on the Earth-1, Earth-2 schism from the Silver Age of DC comics. The Evangelia of the Little Legendary timeline is in her late 30s, not played by anyone, just a RP note... And Wide Receiver and Minuet Mac Hine's kids are members in good standing in their teens to twenties. So Blueside is a weird alternate timeline where the backstory of the Legendary as played on Virtue took place in the 1980s, but the Main CoH backstory is as NCSoft canon.

Dark Heart High, on the other hand, is a shout out to Improfanfic's series of the same name. Think Rosario + Vampire or an evil Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. The fun part is that we have characters redside who are not completely "Muahahaha! I BE EBIL!" When we started we had a lot of female characters, so when I rolled Lucien Ferrara [DB/Nin stalker], he wound up with the Terrence curse...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
I rerolled my 'primary' Dark Heart character on Virtue some time ago...Johnny Winter is a revised version of Johnny Cool from Justice. The original
name was taken. Amusingly, he's surpassed the first version in levels by a considerable margin (Winter is 24, Cool never got out of the teen levels).

Mind, I've been kinda assuming - in absense of the rest of his cast, as it were - that the Virtue version is a few years older and a more traditional
supervillain. But that's hardly set in stone.

I've also considered making an iteration of my old Little Legends character on Virtue, though I figured it'd require a rather more dramatic departure
from the original backstory - second generation stuff doesn't work as well on the same server as the prime timeline.
-- Acyl
So, that's 2.5 votes for Virtue, so far... hm. Of course we'd have to start all over when it comes to the SG and the base and such...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Concerning my DHH character a Fire/Therm Corr, on Justice is where Braende got her first real RP going on. I had made her on Virtue in my first week of the
CoH, before meeting anyone just to play with blasters a bit, but never really came much of it until later on when I met up with you all, and B on virtue met up
with Peacebringer Valles.

As I've kind of rationalized the two, somewhere along the lines of between Virtue-Time and Justice-Time either Crey got their hands on Brae or simply tried
repeating what they did again, only difference between the 'original' event and this one was the resultant was shipped off to the Zig by Crey Cleanup
Crews, resulting in a much less heroic and differently developed Braende as a villan....*Ahem* Anyway I digress....

Back to the point, I would be just as glad to continue the DHH stuff here on virtue, but I'm not quite sure as to what character I would use. I already
have Enynn as the dimensional-duplicate Braende, going for another knock off would be akin to roughhousing the deceased equine. I -could- just ignore that
fact, or I could petition ideas for making up a Pain dom?
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Well, I've got a Pain dom character in mind as well... playing off of one of Foxboy's alts, I decided "why not" Ayanami Ichi. Smile

Yes, the NXE version.... Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Foxboy Wrote:WEll, we created DHH and the Little Legendary on Justice as our more prolific altitis-cursed folks reached critical mass on Virtue and Infinity before the
advent of purchasable character slots.

Little Legendary is a take on the Earth-1, Earth-2 schism from the Silver Age of DC comics. The Evangelia of the Little Legendary timeline is in her late 30s,
not played by anyone, just a RP note... And Wide Receiver and Minuet Mac Hine's kids are members in good standing in their teens to twenties. So Blueside
is a weird alternate timeline where the backstory of the Legendary as played on Virtue took place in the 1980s, but the Main CoH backstory is as NCSoft canon.

Dark Heart High, on the other hand, is a shout out to Improfanfic's series of the same name. Think Rosario + Vampire or an evil Xavier's
School for Gifted Youngsters. The fun part is that we have characters redside who are not completely "Muahahaha! I BE EBIL!" When we started we had a
lot of female characters, so when I rolled Lucien Ferrara [DB/Nin stalker], he wound up with the Terrence curse...
Still need more input.  -embraces google-
*after a long period of sifting through garbage on the internet*
Okay... can someone link me to the damn outline? Is there an outline? Or just fanfic out the butt that never actually breaks it down?
I've been considering moving Littlest Succubus over to Virtue... (assuming Wrath of the Lich King ever lets me go...)

--Sam

"Egad! Too much anatomy!"
Link to the original, round robin, improfic:

DHH
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Quote: Foxboy wrote:

Link to the original, round robin, improfic:

DHH
I got that one first off from google but... it's in English major not Engineer. Guess I'll have to suffer it if I really wanna know.
Honestly, understanding of the source improfanfic probably isn't required reading if you want to participate in the group.

Mostly it was just an excuse for RP...or to have a bunch of kids in matching school uniforms blowing the shit out of things. Pick one, as you prefer.

There's also the fact that historically, many folks in our group have had issues making villain characters 'stick' - by and large most of us seem to focus on blueside activity - so a reasonably successful villain group was quite a boon. It honestly did rather well until the whole increased-character-slot thing made consolidation on one server a more attractive prospect once again.

On the other hand, the improfanfic might actually be a good read. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen it myself. =D
-- Acyl
Quote: Acyl wrote:

Honestly, understanding of the source improfanfic probably isn't required reading if you want to participate in the group.

Mostly it was just an excuse for RP...or to have a bunch of kids in matching school uniforms blowing the shit out of things. Pick one, as you
prefer.

There's also the fact that historically, many folks in our group have had issues making villain characters 'stick' - by and large most of us seem
to focus on blueside activity - so a reasonably successful villain group was quite a boon. It honestly did rather well until the whole
increased-character-slot thing made consolidation on one server a more attractive prospect once again.

On the other hand, the improfanfic might actually be a good read. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen it myself. =D
I've read worse so far.
It's fun, IMO. It does, however, suffer from the inconsistency and a tendency toward wandering plot that one would expect of the context in which it was
written.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
If our DHH gets moved to Virtue, I'll certainly bring Kawaiiko-chan over to participate. My other DHH toons, not so much -- they were good ideas, but
didn't get much play.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Kawaiiko-chan?

Oh, dear.

Bob, her and Slaughter-chan may get along entirely too well... or entirely not at all, heh.

--sofaspud
I can move Polly Calypso over, if DHH shifts servers. I had a lot of fun playing her.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Kawaiiko-chan is a lot of fun to play in groups, because I do such a carefully stereotyped character voice for her -- the Cutest L'il Dominator you ever
met!

Solo, well, not so much. Then again, redside doesn't do much for me generally.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Well, I know that if we switch servers, I will not be re-making my DHH char, but I will throw out the regular Coalition with the Citadel of Eternal Damnation.
Everyone needs a place to start before they join the Citadel!
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
or contact me for Citadel coalition. We have many books in our library to mold the minds of the young and innocent ...
"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons."
-Chief Engineer Boris Kraus of Nuln
So, the Virtue-server incarnation of Dark Heart High is officially online. As I'm sure most of you know.

I'd like to get some of us together for a 'class' (run some missions), sometime this week. Say, Wednesday night?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Pages: 1 2