Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I blame Matrix for this....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The weirdest ideas come to mind when talking to him.....and it's obviously not my fault.

[Image: patty.jpg]

Quote: PPD Police Report 1295-19-010

Subject aprehended committing a code 24-R(unliscensed attempt to create probable life). When apprehended, suspect, a Dr. Ted Kurtenhausenburger, was read his
rights, but declined his right to remain silent, declaring "I'd show them all!" Subject was found withing Kurtenhausenburger's apartment,
apparently fully online and aware. All files aboard the computers in the apartment were found wiped shortly before the police arrived. Forwarding subject,
answers to "Patty", to City Hall's branch of DATA for processing.

End report.
Powerset is MA/Invul, incidentally. Partially for the fact that SR annoys me and partially for the fact that I couldn't pass up the
"boobs of steel" joke.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
... What'd I do this time?
Space Mage: "Oh h-hey Brightsky did you know that Pete has a love child I mean a daughter I mean er well she looks a looooot like him and has the same kinda name and powers and everything though she's also like cybernetic and stuff which probably means she isn't actually his lo-love ch-child I mean probably n-no...um...er...ahhh...s-sex was involved or anything not that I'm implying that Pete isn't functional like that I mean I'm sure you're very happy together and stuff not that I'm asking or trying to pry or anything mm-um nope nonononono I'm just saying so...um...did you know?" 
"So does that make you a mom now? Or is she like more of a sister or something which means you now have in-laws which could be pretty awkward I mean or something though I guess there was already that Nine guy in the Rogue Isles but he's all a villain and stuff and probably doesn't show up for family reunions or holidays and stuff so it really doesn't count I suppose..." 
-- Acyl
That just made this entire gag bit worth it right there. :lol:
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
*blinks*

Ok, off-topic, BUT.

If Space Mage and Sammy are near each other and get excited about something at the same time, either me or Acyl is gonna need a new keyboard, I swear. Smile

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Okay, I think now is the time we start paralleling the MacHine family with the Machine family...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Mac Hine Robo, Perhaps? ;P
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
I will not make Getter MacHine jokes at the wedding. I will not make Getter MacHine jokes at the wedding.

I will not make Getter MacHine jokes at the wedding. I will not make Getter MacHine jokes at the wedding.

-- Misao
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
oh my god... (dies laughing at concept and jokes)

But I can't help but pitch in. (Or throw more fuel on the fire...)

I like the idea, but I think you've given her too much "machine detail". Remember that Cyberman 8 (or at least his original costume) comes from
early 60s anime. So it's "space age" sleek. (His other outfits add more detail.)

Here's one that I came up with. Notice that I've removed the cyberarms? Ironically, this is what I would've preferred doing with C8 if that
chest/arm pattern had been available for males. I mainly went with the cyberarms in order to have the white arms, black top and white midsection look. So this
is one possible version that in some ways is even closer to the original than C8's is! (Just female)

[Image: Cyberwoman10.jpg]

On the other hand - why stick so closely with the original anyway? Keeping with the tradition of the source materiel to make characters that had a visual
"hook" in common with the hero yet be markedly different, how about this alternative?

[Image: Cyberwoman10_alt.jpg]

Or - on the other, OTHER hand - following that thought to another tangent, how about ditching the helmet? Keep the skin white and add subtle detail to cue in
that the character is still an android. I like the "technis" mask pattern myself for this sort of thing. Also - have some alternate hairstyles while
we're at it and one version that has the earpiece detail which harks back to the helmet without it actually BEING a helmet.

[Image: Cyberwoman_10_no_helmet_04.jpg]

[Image: Cyberwoman_10_no_helmet_03.jpg]

[Image: Cyberwoman_10_no_helmet_02.jpg]

[Image: Cyberwoman_10_no_helmet_01.jpg]

[Image: Cyberwoman_10_earpiece_01.jpg]

Well? What do you think?

(Edit: On talking with some of the guys online at the time, here's the version that Acyl, Stormgear and Microshade seemed to like the best.)

[Image: Cyberwoman10_alt2.jpg]
this is why I love this SG. Someone runs off a rough clone of a toon, and the reaction is 'OH NEAT! Here's how to make that better, try this and this
and this..'

8 )
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Precisely. After all, I have you to thank, WG (as I recall), for all the compliments I get on Halo Kitty -- your implementation of her armor was far superior
to my original.
-- Bob
---------
bowing out of this thread before we start singing around a campfire... ; )
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
The Martial Art/SR/Inv guide to campfire singing

Goons hi-ya! the gourds! Goons hi-ya!

Goons hi-ya! the'yre floored! Goons hi-ya!

Goons hi-ya! crime deplored! Goons hi-ya!

Skulls are taunting me, Goons hi-ya!

Hellions are setting fires, Goons hi-ya!

Lost are preaching crap, Goons hi-ya!

Kick'em all, Goons hi-ya!

Foot in their Face, Goons hi-ya!

Fist takes its place, Goons hi-ya!

Elbow cross the chops, Goons hi-ya!

Til the bastard drops, Goons hi-ya!

If you want to bring the Marshmallows, Bella will bring the fire.
Wait a minute, you have to get a *license* to create life?

Man, this town sucks.

-Morgan.
You have to have a license to create life in unnatural manner. Of course what exactly counts as unnatural in a city populated by, among others, rogue gynoids,
nuclear powered maids, random catgirls, invisible intangible penguins, mages powered by the creativity of the internet, and ethereal tentacled aliens who
possess people, is up for debate.

--

50 Things Hexane has learned since joining the Infamous

#47. Duck, then laugh.
Quote:invisible intangible penguins
Correction. Alistair is perfectly tangible, especially his beak. It's the main way his existence is proven.
-- Bob
---------
Quote: Morganni wrote:

Wait a minute, you have to get a *license* to create life?

Man, this town sucks.

-Morgan.
I find this statement in it's entirety, WIN! -hands off an internets-
Quote wall.
-- Bob
---------