Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Looking for Good Vampyri Hunting Ground
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Range Sabre just needs the Slayer badge to get the Atlas Medallion, but I can't seem to find a good location that dependably spawns Council Vampyri. The
best I've found so far is a little strip of beach on the northwest coast of Striga, where a small islet practically runs up on the main island -- a couple
times per night cycle a band of four to ten vampires will show up there. I'd rather work on someplace with a somewhat larger throughput, though. It's
been a long time since I spent any time in Striga, so I don't remember too much of it, but Range has explored about three quarters of the zone to no avail.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Vamps are bit harder to find than the Warwolves. Try the beaches on the far side of the graveyard, running along the north coast of the island. Also, I think
the tunnel (it has a name but I don't remember it) under the Bonny Morass has Vamps and regular Council, plus some 'bots, but no Warwolves.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Eb's on the money; the Wolf's Throat, I believe it's called. Ironically enough, there's more Vamps down there than Warwolves, at least in my
experience. Sammy carved quite a path through them during her Striga days.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
The best way to grab both the Slayer and Silver Bullet badge is to go get yourself a Moonfire TF. There's 2 kill all missions one of each for Vamps and
Wolves. Amber got hers by hunting along the beaches north and east of Toby. (Contact in the Graveyard) Vamps patrol along the coast and Warwolves are a bit
inward with the occasional BP spawn.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Something you should know - there's plenty of vamps around just outside the Council Base on Striga Island just to the west of the base fence near the Bonny
Morass. But they only spawn during the "night" cycle of the CoH day. So if you hit Striga and the sun is up - hunt the wolves. Wait until the sun
goes down, then hunt the vamps.
Wolf's Throat! I knew I recalled something like that, but I couldn't be sure if it were a feature of the zone or something I remembered from a mish.

Ankhani -- Moonfire's probably the preferred way to do it, but just hunting is probably faster. I only need the one badge, and I've probably got a good
share of it already from Range's earlier Council encounters.

Thanks everyone. Next time I get on -- maybe tonight -- I'll be hunting and looking for the Throat.
-- Bob
---------
Heh. Only reason I remembered it so well is because, when Sammy hit that area, a line I might use someday floated through my mind.

"Oh, it's bad enough I have to SMELL all the stinky dogs around here, now you want me to jump down one's THROAT?!"

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Thanks to everyone's help, Range Sabre got the Slayer badge and the Atlas Medallion accolade tonight (although getting the vamps was slow going no matter
where I went). Thank you!
-- Bob
---------