Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Fashion Show -- Post Costume Screenies here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As stated, what DS did is a bit strange as a costume in and of itself. But as a reference - that is absolutely hilarious. Especially on a BLASTER.
-- Acyl
Oh yes. That is AWESOME.
Okay, I'm missing the ref, someone toss me a clue, please?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Baseload

Black Mage from 8-Bit Theatre
Okay, thanks. Don't read it, but know of it.
-- Bob
---------
Before I forget, here's a tribute toon I created something like 18 months ago, forgot about, and then went back to playing recently. Some folks might
remember him as he's in the Little Legends over on Justice, but he's just gotten a new look to go with his "classic" appearance. Allow me to
(re)introduce... Negi-kun!

[Image: negivest.jpg] [Image: negicape.jpg]

-- Bob
---------
Quote: Baseload wrote:

Black Mage from 8-Bit Theatre

Actually, I was thinking of Vivi from Final Fantasy 9. But both the character design for Vivi and the 8-bit character are referencing the original source
anyway (The Black Mage from FIRST Final Fantasy game) so it's effectively the same thing.

dark seraph

so now i need a fighter to stab, a red mage to hadoken, and a thife to rob me blind Tongue

CrimsonKMR

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Before I forget, here's a tribute toon I created something like 18 months ago, forgot about, and then went back to playing recently. Some folks might
remember him as he's in the Little Legends over on Justice, but he's just gotten a new look to go with his "classic" appearance. Allow me
to (re)introduce... Negi-kun!

[Image: negivest.jpg] [Image: negicape.jpg]
Thats pretty good heh I should dig up my child teacher character sometime and get a screenshot of that heh
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed

dark seraph

recently MD got me back into Negima and while bored i played with the character gen and made this

[Image: screenshot_091024-13-01-06.jpg]

any hints on what i could do to improve the look?
Okay. Chachamaru from Negima. Right. This is just my opinion, of course, but...

Step back a moment. What's distinctive about Chachamaru? Her skin is flesh-toned. From the neck up, she looks like a normal girl. It's a PALE colour, but her skin is still distinctly flesh-toned, not a robotic sheen.

It's when you get to the rest of her body that things are different. Her limbs are skin-toned too, it's just that they're obviously jointed and seamed. Thus using the metallic tone like you did isn't ideal. Her body isn't reflective, it's matte. The lines that the metallic pattern gives you do roughly fit - but there's no way you'd get the right colour out of it in any case.

So.

[Image: chachamaru.jpg]
Another note, regarding face details:

Chachamaru's hair is green, but...well, it does depend on the manga or anime frame in question, but it's often a light blue-green rather than the tint you had.

More significantly, though - there's hair options that are a better fit than what you used. Chacha's hair in the anime has distinct strands to the bangs and slender side strands framing her face - this style achieves it, and also lets the earpieces flow through better.

Finally, while none of the default CoH faces look particularly anime-like, there's stuff you can do with the face and head sliders to alter that. The overall shape of a hairstyle can be altered significantly with the cranial sliders. The eyes can be made bigger by pulling out the brow and cheek sliders. The shape of the head can be made more anime-like with cheek, chin, and jaw adjustments.

Logan/Atlantea is MUCH better at this than I am, but I've given an example of how this might look like.
-- Acyl

dark seraph

*makes notes* thanks Acyl, i'll fix it next time i'm on. and hopefuly get a invite to the Legendary Acadamy

*several hours later*

this is harder than it looks, i want to keep thw costume i have, shirt and shorts, but i'm haveing trouble geting the tighets with the preplex paten to
match the skin color. so far the only way to do it it seams is to make her skin extreamly pale.

[Image: screenshot_091025-09-00-15.jpg]

i'll guess this will have to do, i didn't do the anime style face mainly cuz i wanted her to have at least one normal featuer Tongue

Consider doing what I did for the upper legs, and use tights in one of the shades of red or orange/brown to the extreme right hand side of the colour selection pane. Those two a roughly the right tone to be stockings or somesuch...you can still layer the pattern over them.
Admittedly, the 'pale brown' as a stocking colour works better when the character's skin tone is a darker shade, but...
-- Acyl
Looks really good! We'll have to have her and Negi-kun on a team together some time.
-- Bob
---------

dark seraph

so after trick o treating with Negi to get the salvage, i tried a goth loli desing for Chachamaru.

[Image: screenshot_091026-09-40-10.jpg]

not exactly what i was planing for, but i kept it cuz it looked better than what i planed (i just wish i could get tops and botems that could use
Skin and perplex at the same time)

For some reason, that Negi design reminds me more of Travis Touchdown. o.O

-Morgan.
Which one?
-- Bob
---------
Yours? '.'

More the left picture, but the right one sort of does too.

Also, I'm almost tempted to do an Evangeline now, but the last thing I need is more characters. And I hate the way blonde hair looks in CoH.

-Morgan.
It's the best I could do with the available selection of faces, sadly, even with slider-jiggering.

And Evangeline, whoever does her, would be just freaking cool.
-- Bob
---------
Hrm.

I'm tempted to do Asuna or Setsuna, myself.... but yeah, Eva would be Fun.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

dark seraph

... oh good lord, i've started a Meme 0.0

actuly, the Legendary acadamy could use more students, hmmmm

How about Haruna as an Illusion controller?

*says the one with absolutely no desire to play an illusion controller*

-Morgan.
Could work.

If someone wants to do a Konoka, I can bring Setsuna.

Otherwise I'll probably build Asuna.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Konoka would be so easy -- emp defender, obviously. And both Setsuna and Asuna would be broadsword scrappers (tho' you might want to go katana with Setsy just for the proper look, and you must use the legacy broadsword for Asuna because it's so freakin' big for small toons). Oh, and Setsuna's second costume slot goes just to buying wings. If someone's going to create her, create her now, when you can get that second slot right away thanks to event salvage...
-- Bob
---------

dark seraph

i can see Eva being some sort of Dark blaster or something similar.

heck, i can probaly figure out most of the power sets for the class if you want me to. (the meme sounds like ti could be fun Tongue )

Pages: 1 2 3 4