Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: For Sofaspud - Ugly Girl Design?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...because, okay, there's no way this is gonna look good.
Background for everyone else:- Spud's looking at trying to fake up a 'female' appearance for a male body character. I see the point. And since it's unlikely we'll get the ability to do full model swaps between costume slots anytime soon... my guess is the devs simply don't consider it a high priority request, or figure it's something most players don't care about. Which is true, I suppose. Anyway.
This is ugly, but then, enh, not every female in Paragon is a supermodel, right?
[Image: crossdress.jpg]
[Image: crossdress2.jpg]
The face structure should be pretty obvious - choose the most feminine-looking face and play with the sliders to emphasise those attributes - eye/face size ratio, curve of the cheeks, chin, jawline, nose size and placement, so on. The hair...I think you basically have a choice between Long and Barbaric as your options. I opted for Long as it has locks that frame the face; your milage may vary. Hair is shaded black and blue as an accent colour, following conventions regarding black hair and the depiction thereof in anime.
Clothing-wise...what I'm doing here is taking advantage of the fact that the new vest 'jacket' option has something of a pronounced curve to it, which can at least give the SUGGESTION of something going down in the chesticular regions. Combined with the bow-tie and kilt...I'm ruthlessly using standard female school uniform imagery - Catholic rather than Japanese. 's by no means perfect, but the visual cue might be enough to point the viewer in the female direction rather than male as it were.
I'm not, however, entirely pleased with this, nor can I say it's incredibly original. Does anyone have any alternative suggestions for Sofa? This is the best I've got.

EDIT: (yeah, I used the kilt vetreward, but I believe Sofa has that?)
-- Acyl

dark seraph

AHHH, THE GOOGELS, THEY DO NOtHING

but nice look, if some what creepy

Of course - it's possible to approach this from the opposite direction - use a female template and use the sliders to make it look male. This can be
tricky. Around the chest especially. And there's only a couple of hairstyles that are androgynous enough.

Here's one method - using the "armored" option on top and bottom to obscure the frame as much as possible and tweak the sliders as far as we can.

[Image: Armoredfemale_maleproportions.jpg]

For comparison, below is the exact same costume, but with all sliders at dead even standard.

[Image: Armoredfemale_femaleproportions.jpg]

And finally, just for effect, the same costume skins, but on the "tight" frame and the face sliders set to my standard "anime" look.

[Image: Armoredfemale_animeproportions.jpg]

BTW, I'm using Young Face 15 here, which I think is the most androgynous of the female faces. YMMV.

Here's another option. Use the new suit options.

[Image: suitfemale_maleproportions.jpg]

Well... it sort of comes close to working. Kinda.
I think it's easier and, indeed, somewhat less freaky to build the 'Joan of Arc' way ... well, that's what I call it in my head, anyway. There are various ways to disguise chest curves. And of course, since it's socially acceptable for women to wear men's clothing but not vice-versa, there's suit jackets and such in the costume creator.
However, the design spec from Sofaspud was for a female appearance on a male body, because he's doing this for an existing character. That's somewhat more difficult. Sofa himself was thinking about using the baggy top on the male body, but I figured the schoolgirl look would convey the idea more directly.
And be freakier, also, but...
-- Acyl