Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Well, this doesn't make much sense.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just put in my new NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+, updated all the drivers.

And, well...

You card or driver doesn't support GL_ARB_multitexture

You card or driver doesn't support GL_ARB_texture_compression

City of Heroes has crashed and cannot continue. You may need to upgrade to a supported video card or driver.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Well. I can't really say I have any idea what's going on. All I can say is there's another person on the CoH forums (here) that's had the same problem. Updated drivers (Different card, though), and got this error. I might suggest rechecking Nvidia and getting the drivers from them, just to be sure and all. If that doesn't work, maybe try and find a rollback to an earlier version?
This is kinda blind guessing, though, so I dunno if any of this is of any use. Let us know if anything else goes wrong, maybe?
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
XP or Vista? 32 or 64?

I agree, it doesn't make much sense, but it's possible there's some goofiness going on. My new card is a NVidia 9500, and it runs CoX beautifully.
The 9800 is better, so I doubt it's the card, really. Gotta be some funky driver issue.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Looks like you got the same card I did (or very close to it). And mine came with a disc with the compatible drivers. I ran the installation program once I had
installed the card... Hm..

Did you UNINSTALL the old drivers first? Maybe do that and then run the driver install from the disc?

And yeah - XP or Vista? I don't LIKE Vista by default but by all accounts it SHOULD run the drivers and the game given the right tweaks.
My suggestion would be as Logan's. Try to pull all the old drivers first, then go for a reinstall. Try the included drivers first, if that fails then download newer ones.
EDIT: I believe my laptop uses a notebook version of one of the NVidia 9XXX series cards - not sure which, but it does run fine.
-- Acyl
Wait - I just realized/remembered who has this problem. Given Valles rabid frothing at the very mention of Vista I've noticed in the past, I don't
think him having that OS is going to be an issue... Big Grin
See, this is when we need folks to casually saunter into this thread and leave comments like 'oh, hey, I've got that card and it works fine on Vista,
the drivers for XP must be borked'. Wink

(I'm using a NVidia 9500M - I checked - on Vista, and nope, no problems here =)
-- Acyl