Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: To Valles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was browsing about the CoX forums today, and I came accross a Peacebringer thread that had something interesting in it, not in a good way mind you in regards
of your mouth foaming hate of lack of Mez protection in Human form Peacebringer. You can Thank castle on that hehe. This was copied and pasted from the thread
I found it on.

I - Kheldian forms status

Issue 13 had an effect not expected at all, the enforcement to take at least the dwarf form, if not all forms.

From Castle :

Quote: Quote:

I tested giving a couple points protection to Human form and, honestly, there was NO REASON to take Dwarf form with human for protection.

Human form has such strong flexibility, control, heal and protective benefits with mez protection that giving up those benefits for the minute bonus to mez
resist and/resistance that Dwarf form provided under these circumstances simply was not worth the power, slot and animation time costs. Why would you give up
a better attack chain, access to Stamina, Hasten, Tough and Weave for a small benefit? Almost no one would.

In order to maintain Dwarf Form as a viable option I pretty much have to disallow self status protection in human form.

I'm willing to be shown that I am wrong, though. If you can provide compelling evidence that my conclusions are incorrect, I will happily revisit this
topic.

Quote:
oh no..

I'll be out of my fallout shelter in about 6 months. Neo Valles is about to EXPLODE!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
To play devil's advocate, I can see his point.

Almost no one would use Dwarf if not for the status and damage resistance it has that's superior to humanform.

The problem with Khelds is that you'd have to do a serious shuffling about of powers, reasons for powers, and stats to make both mez protect in humanform
work, as well as keeping Dwarf Form.

Of course, for people that have a huge frothing hatred of forms for what they represent, I imagine that this is just more fuel on the fire, but the fact that
he's left the subject open is a definite implication that he's willing to listen to alternative ideas.

The problem is the amount of work that I imagine it'd take.

For instance, basic change: Humanform attacks that mirror Squid/Lobster form attacks are slotted the same because they're the same power. Good in theory,
but Double Mire for Warshades is one of their premier attractions in Dwarf form. Do you make a slight exception for Warshades there? Make both Kheld types
operate similarly? Realize there'll be severe griping either way and just go with what's there because at least they're used to it?

Personally, I think it'd be worth it just to free up power slots in a Kheld build, as no Kheld can take everything in their Primary and Secondary *as is*.
Of course, that goes back to Forms being almost required, when you realize that linking the two would effectively strip a PB of any non-Pool attack powers
since every single one of theirs are direct clones of form based powers.

Then you have to consider other ATs.

Suppose you boost Dwarf form's res and regen to obscene levels? Tanks start getting worried about their viability in a team. Effectively, a Dwarf cannot be
allowed to natively have tank-like resistances because people would whine that Tanks are useless now, when that's a blatant oversimplification. You could
*build* an uber-tank PB or WS Dwarf, but only at the expense of other power slots. Presumably someone could slot a Kheld so that Dwarf form out tanked tanks
and Nova form out blasted blasters, but then you're forced to basically one or two slot, at best, possibly 70% of your powers in humanform.

Personally, as a Kheld player, I'm of the opinion that the other ATs could suck it up like I have getting Lynna as high as she is. Kheld superiority is so
buried under bad reputation from the rest of the userbase, that unless Khelds suddenly became VEAT level "easy mode", they'd probably still never
really surpass the basic ATs.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Could I have a link to that thread, please? I think I'd like to respond directly, if I can get my login working there.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... st12883836

As per request, heres your link to the Kheld thread.
It's not really an active thread. The last cluster of posts was three weeks ago; the final post in the thread is a bit more recent, more like two weeks,
but that in itself was someone digging up an old thread. Just FYI. I expect posting a response would be okay... not quite a necroposting faux-pas ... it's
hardly months or years old. But nor is it really an ongoing discussion either.
-- Acyl