Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Important (least I think so) Topic, Legendary Leaders Please Read.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recient Announcment from Sunstorm on the CoX boards regarding a change to leadership.

Greetings Heroes & Villains,

With Issue 14 there will be some slight changes to the ranking system that you are currently familiar with. Here is some background and information that should
be useful for you to prepare for the new issue.

The new ranking system is mainly needed by our internal Customer Support team. This feature allows GM's to assist players in resolving issues that may
affect an SG or Base.

This tool essentially allows us to resolve your tickets more rapidly, keeps us from getting involved in SG/VG political drama, and also keeps groups that may
have lost leadership from losing access to a fully operating base.

The new rank introduced in this issue is called, duh, duh, duh… "Super Leader." The super leader title does not have to denote
actual leadership or rank within the SG, consider them mainly to be the key master or owner of the group.

Due to the current format in game, we had a few options, we could either demote everyone but one person or we could auto promote a single leader into the new
position. We opted to go with the second option.

So when Issue 14 goes live, the highest ranking leader that had most recently logged in will be promoted to the "super leader" position. This ensures
that every group that is currently active will have someone who recently played the game in this rank.

Any of you wishing to pinpoint who that person should be can effectively set up those permissions now by changing the ranks of members so that you have the one
person you would like to have this access be the only SG leader at the time Issue 14 goes live.

We understand many of you may have questions & concerns as always we are here to help clear up confusion.

We appreciate your feedback.

Heres a Link to the thread this is on.

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... st13186399
looks like Funny Cat Terr gets some playtime.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Welp, I guess this means even less time on Shizuru for a while...
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
... What are they doing with SGs that may require faster attention from customer support?
Note, though, that the single super-leader position CAN be transferred between the leaders - ie. if the super-leader bounces someone else to that rank, the existing super-leader will be demoted. So what we really have to do is decide who gets the administrative nod (and responsibility for dealing with customer support, etc). And even that is mutable

That's probably just as well, because currently the only way to demote a leader is to either a) set auto-demotion timeout to 15 days and not log in the character for that period ... or b) quit the SG and rejoin.

Neither is appealing. The second option means loss of 'date joined' record and also personal prestige total. The first...may be doable for folks who have (and indeed, play) several alts, but it is less workable for, say, Terrence, who mostly plays one character.

Of course, to some degree...being unable to reshuffle the top ranks, well, that is one of the problems the new system will solve.
-- Acyl
I have no particular inclination nor disinclination towards being point person for Support. Although for RP purposes I suppose the superleader position should
probably land on Evangelia's shoulders at least briefly, I'm cool with whatever consensus forms.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Since I may be the most likely leader to be on I'll be all to happy to foist Super Leader off on Eva *grin*
<phbbbbbbt>
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Why Bob, such a eloquent and well thought out responce..I am flabbergasted that you would use such a vocal method to show your approval *Grin* I know you
appriciate having all that responsibility dropped on Eva's shoulders, but please..restrain your enthusiasm *chuckle*
If you're looking for just support/functionality with this rank, RP aside (Can name the rank whatever), I'm usually on a lot and willing to help out...

I only say this because it seems like everyone wants someone else to be the go-to-guru. o.o
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI