Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Legendary is out of Coalition slots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ransan

As stated, The Legendary is out of Coalition slots.

I think we need to look at how many sub SGs we have, who we have coalitioned, and if any groups on there have not been active of late.

Also, would it be possible to get a list of all the Legenday Affiliated SGs out there. I mean, I know we have:

The Legendary: Core SG, kind of a catch all.

Riot Force 6.1: For military/Black Ops concepts. An "Under the radar" group.

Virtue League: For four colored "Justice League"esque concepts

The Eleventh Hour: Magical Investigations and theme

Crisis of Infinite Fusionettes: For the Fusionette meme (note: I'll delete this if somone can think of a better
home for the 'Nettes.

What else do we have, are they active? And who all do we have coalitioned?
Someone needs to go bug Wire to get the 'Garden Market' disbanded, I think. I still saw that one on the coalition list.

Also, Who are 'Dynamistesses' and 'Phoenix' ? I've never seen them, but they are also on our list.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Quote: Ransan wrote:

Riot Force 6.1: For mercenary/Cyberpunk concepts

Uhhh... No, not really. Riot's much like the Legendary.
Yeah. About the only real difference is that Riot's support infrastructure, IC, is heavily decentralized rather than being combined in a huge internal
base. Riot's base basically serves as a teleport pad for rapid movement and an inventions lab. As opposed to the Superheroic Hilton that is the Legendary
base. Tongue

Riot is, as Acyl put it, more "militaristic", but that's just in the sense that it exists solely as a support structure rather than a big,
publicity gaining supergroup. I imagine there's Legendary SG merchandise whereas Riot is more low-key, leaving that sort of stuff to the individual members
to handle on their own.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Render

Phoenix is a supergroup that currently consists of me and a couple of friends (much like Profit, Inc. redside.) Most of my hero alts are members of Phoenix,
except for Badb. We've run TFs with the Legendary and such. No particularly strong theme, and I'm not sure how active things are at the moment, as
I've been on an unplanned hiatus recently myself, but I can find out.

Ransan

Adjusted Riot's description

Okay, The Legendary is coalitioned to (at present):

The Bughouse

Crossroads - The Legendary - Beta Team

Dynamistress

Phoenix

Golden Market

Riot 6.1

P.S.I - PPD Special Investigations

The Facets of YRMAW

The Virtue League

Now, we know Riot and we know Virtue League, and I've heard OF Crossroads and P.S.I so I'm assuming they are active. However, Bughouse, Dynamistress,
Phoenix, Golden Market, and YRMAW. I know nothing about. save for Render's out of date description of Phoenix.

Riot 6.1 Is not suffering from this issue, as they only have The Legendary, Riot Force 6.1 (i.e. new Riot), P.S.I. - PPD Special Investigations, and The Eleventh Hour coalitioned
YRMAW is a MAgical Girl themed SG: it's Valles' baby.

PSI was a "we're cops" SG we had a few toons in.

Golden Market was us playing at being Gold Farmers.

Crossroads was a "LEgendary's full, here's the overflow" team before they increased the roster sizes.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Dynamistress is a single-person group owned/embodying Dynamistress, who is the toon of an old friend of mine. We coalished a while back, but really,
there's not been much activity there -- I'm sure D won't take offense if you drop the coalition and send a note explaining why.

YRMAW was an little story-group some of the folks here set up, as I recall, some kind of weird dark-magical-girl kind of feel to it if I remember right.

Phoenix, Golden Market and Virtue League are completely unknown to me. I really ought to get a memo when one of the other SG leaders adds a coalition.

And am I counting right? The game only allows us 9 coalitioned groups?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Black ops is even more inaccurate really. Like I said, it's the Legendary with a smaller base.

dark seraph

legendary 2.0 was what i was told

Ransan

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

Phoenix, Golden Market and Virtue League are completely unknown to me. I really ought to get a memo when one of the other SG leaders adds a coalition.

The Virtue League is a four-color "Justice League" style of SG. Originally "The Freedom League", it was renamed when Baseload and I decided
to reroll our four-color heroes on Virtue. It's lead by Baseload and myself, as Captain Iron and the (Real) Patriot.

And it allows 10 coalitions total. The Legendary also used to be coalition to Henshin Force, which got droped yesterday when Baseload, Drenivan and myself
decided to scrap that SG.
Just as a note, PSI is still very much active, even if half the original cast bailed on it. Smile Hex, myself, several others -- plus it has a nicely developing
'storyline' going on.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I ask that the Riot description be changed, only because every time I see it, I imagine black ops Sammy, and can't stop giggling Smile
Ankhani Wrote:Someone needs to go bug Wire to get the 'Garden Market' disbanded, I think. I still saw that one on the coalition list.

I was under the impression that it *had* been disbanded. At least, Shia had been a member, and when I logged in after being away for a while, I found her SGless, and was told that that group had been shut down and everything moved to Riot 6.1. '.'

-Morgan.
Quote:Just as a note, PSI is still very much active, even if half the original cast bailed on it. Smile
Watanabe Shinichi is still active in PSI!
-- Bob
---------
THE GREAT DETECTIVE WATANABE!
Crossroads - Legendary - Beta Team ...well, as others have pointed out, was created as an overflow team for the Legendary. However, this was back before they
increased SG roster sizes, so the need was more pressing then. I'm not sure how active that branch team is nowadays.

No, really. I have absolutely no idea. You'll have to ask Rev Dark and His Lovely Wife. They're the ones who founded the branch team, and they'll
probably be able to tell you more about the activity and membership.

Hell, I only remember it because I'm continually amazed that the name actually fits within the field. Is there a limit on how long SG names can be? Er.
Anyway, yeah. Theoretically it's the most important group for the Legendary to be coalitioned to, but in practice I don't know. This is probably a good
time to take stock of our assets.

As others have noted, what we can think of doing is streamlining our SG coalition list, and figuring out who all the groups are. Then we can see about properly
making sure everyone is coalitioned to everyone else.

Why? Well, besides the obvious organizational benefit, this would make the in-game Coalition channel useful.

We already have the global channel, of course, but sometimes that doesn't work. Moreover, we've traditionally RPed through the in-game Supergroup
channel. Having a working Coalition channel that all the groups can access provides, potentially, another vector for RP.

Regarding the Facets of YRMAW... Valles came up with the original concept, but the supergroup on Virtue is under the OOC control of Ankhani.

Further, just to throw in another mention - 'The Eleventh Hour' is the newest thing we've got. That was started by Stormgear, Dark Seraph, and
myself. I will note there's a certain...limiting factor regarding coordination with the current leadership of that group though, given that all of us
aren't in the United States, and thus our timezones are weird relative to the majority of players here. Wink
-- Acyl
Speaking of the Eleventh Hour, I brought Sailor Loon over to Virtue, and she's looking for a slot in the group...
-- Bob
---------