Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Issue 15 Announced!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it's a small one, and the name makes
me think it's coming soon...
There's a little more info on the issue this morning than what was in the initial announcement. Here's a text dump for those who (like Bob) likely
can't see this at work.

Issue 15 Overview

Our next update, appropriately named Issue 15: Anniversary, features a host of new features and content including major updates and improvements to the
Mission Architect system.

5th Column Task Force

• Villain Strikeforce (Levels 45 - 50): 5 Missions

• The Villains are hired for what seems like a simple, high-paying job: Steal information from the Hero 1 Time Capsule. Things go awry when the job
      ends up leading to the return of an enemy from the past. Now the villains have to deal with the mess they've made - while trying to make as much
      profit from it as possible.

• Hero Taskforce (Levels 45 - 50): 5 Missions

• The Heroes follow the trail of some stolen information to find that an old foe is returning... in a big way! Forced to deal with an invasion, the
      Heroes must scramble to find a way to defeat a seemingly unstoppable enemy.

New Costumes - New Issue 15 costumes include the Vines and Ulterior themed costume sets. More details to come!

New Costume Change Emotes* - Just recently introduced in Super Booster II: Magic, Costume Change Emotes represent a brand new feature
type that provide fun and colorful transitions between two different costumes for a given character. Players activate them using the costume change
interface, selectable from the main Menu.

• Backflip

• Salute

• Howl

• Evil Laugh

• Peacebringer Transform (Kheldian's only)

• Warshade Transform (Kheldian's only)

• Vanguard Sigil

*By default characters only have one costume slot, and must unlock additional costume slots through activities in the game. This can be accomplished by
completing costume slot missions at levels 20, 30, and 40; and by using Halloween Event salvage (which can also be bought, sold or traded via the in-game
Consignment Houses).

New Character Faces - Over 20 new character faces provide even more options for character customization

Mission Architect Updates

• Architect toolbox allows players to better and more easily polish their content before sharing it with the public.

• Missions can now be selected for both "Hall of Fame" and "Dev Choice," allowing players to attain both badges. "Dev
    Choice" missions also have selectable reward types.

• Enhanced searching and navigation options like key phrase tagging and arc difficulty display help players find the content they're looking for even
    faster

• New Server-wide Architect Chat channel

• Plus several other features and improvements to Mission Architect
I've included some commentary on things.

Quote: Issue 15 Overview

Our next update, appropriately named Issue 15: Anniversary, features a host of new features and content including major updates and improvements to the
Mission Architect system.

5th Column Task Force
What's not going to be seen in the text dump, but what kind of was a really cool "SQUEE" moment for me - the logo of the new Issue
has the 5th Column Sigil (That skull) as a prominent - even central - part of the design!

Quote: * Villain Strikeforce (Levels 45 - 50): 5 Missions

o The Villains are hired for what seems like a simple, high-paying job: Steal information from the Hero 1 Time Capsule. Things go awry when the job ends up
leading to the return of an enemy from the past. Now the villains have to deal with the mess they've made - while trying to make as much profit from it
as possible.

* Hero Taskforce (Levels 45 - 50): 5 Missions

o The Heroes follow the trail of some stolen information to find that an old foe is returning... in a big way! Forced to deal with an invasion, the Heroes
must scramble to find a way to defeat a seemingly unstoppable enemy.

That sounds like a really COOL TF! And it's rife with RP possibilities. I could see arguments/comparisons/knock-down drag-outs in the "D" over
this. ^_^

"Wait, you did WHAT?"

"Well, it was either that or become FAR too intimate with Nosferatu's Vampire process for my liking. Besides, we made a killing! Er... so to
speak..."

"But... you brought back the 5th Column!"

"That Requiem, eh? What a kidder! And such a lovely singing voice!"

"DECLARATIVE OBSERVATION: I took notes from Burkholder. For an organic meatbag, he thinks amusingly large."

Quote: New Costumes - New Issue 15 costumes include the Vines and Ulterior themed costume sets. More details to come!

New Costume Change Emotes* - Just recently introduced in Super Booster II: Magic, Costume Change Emotes represent a brand new feature type that provide fun
and colorful transitions between two different costumes for a given character. Players activate them using the costume change interface, selectable from the
main Menu.

* Backflip

* Salute

* Howl

* Evil Laugh

* Peacebringer Transform (Kheldian's only)

* Warshade Transform (Kheldian's only)

* Vanguard Sigil

*By default characters only have one costume slot, and must unlock additional costume slots through activities in the game. This can be accomplished by
completing costume slot missions at levels 20, 30, and 40; and by using Halloween Event salvage (which can also be bought, sold or traded via the in-game
Consignment Houses).
Whee! More costume change emotes! I'm especially squee-ing over the Kheldian ones and the Vanguard. Just because I wasn't aware Vanguard
had a special salute... or sigil? Or whatever. Maybe it's literally a sign that appears in midair for a moment, like the Tarot Card buffs? If so, then it
would be far more useful for changing into Vanguard outfits.

Quote: New Character Faces - Over 20 new character faces provide even more options for character customization

THIS. About time they came up with some new faces! It's been since Issue 4 since we had any additions in that area!

Quote: Mission Architect Updates

* Architect toolbox allows players to better and more easily polish their content before sharing it with the public.

* Missions can now be selected for both "Hall of Fame" and "Dev Choice," allowing players to attain both badges. "Dev Choice"
missions also have selectable reward types.

* Enhanced searching and navigation options like key phrase tagging and arc difficulty display help players find the content they're looking for even
faster

* New Server-wide Architect Chat channel

* Plus several other features and improvements to Mission Architect

All sounds like good QOL tweaks.

Actually, aside from the TF, this update could easily have been called "Better than Life". What with the new quality of life changes and the new MA
stuff. It's mostly just tweaking. Except, of course, for the 5th Column stuff.

(And yes, before you ask, I DO know what I'm referenceing with "Better than Life". And if you think about the MA, you know how appropriate that
is! ^_^)
Thanks for the text dump, Logan. I can't wait to check this out on the COH site when I get home tonight.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

CrimsonKMR

Quote: Logan Darklighter wrote:

Quote: New Character Faces - Over 20 new character faces provide even more options for character customization

THIS. About time they came up with some new faces! It's been since Issue 4 since we had any additions in that area!

Didn't I7 have all the villain faces? heh

Architect needs a play random mission button *nods*
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
Quote: Didn't I7 have all the villain faces? heh

Ah. Yes. Forgot about that. Still! A long time regardless!