Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Down the hole...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we were doing some PVP on Wednesday. The final match that I had time to participate in was a team match. Cyberman 8, Purrfect Shield, and Glass Lass. Versus
Nogitsune, Sachie and Lady Valiance.

How did my team do? Heh. We pwned. In fact, Cyberman 8 annoyed Nogitsune rather badly. Really badly. So badly that she whipped out her ULTIMATE powers of
darkness.

[Image: screenshot_2009-05-06-19-36-04.jpg][Image: screenshot_2009-05-06-19-36-22.jpg][Image: screenshot_2009-05-06-19-36-12.jpg][Image: screenshot_2009-05-06-19-37-19.jpg][Image: screenshot_2009-05-06-19-37-45.jpg][Image: screenshot_2009-05-06-19-38-04.jpg]

(So what really happened? It's actually funnier, really. We were on the Eden Cave Trial Map. Glass Lass laid some -Fly debuff on Lady Valiance. And she
fell though a hole in the map!

Well, Purrfect Shield had Valiance on "auto-follow", so he speeds through the hole right after her.

Sachie had Shield on "follow", so she followed him in and down.

And Cyberman 8 had Sachie on follow, and... well.

It was a Conga Line of FAIL. ^_^

Well Shield laid the beat down on Valiance, and she respawns up top. Then Sachie finishes off Purrfect Shield, so he goes back up top. And I put the finishing
moves on Sachie so she goes up out of the hole as well.

There wasn't anyone left to put me out of MY misery. Oh cruel irony!

In truth I was simply laughing so hard at what had happened (and making sure I got the above screenshots) that I COMPLETELY forgot the /stuck command and/or
Self-Destruct until it was too late to do anything about it.

Anyway, thought you guys would get a kick out of seeing what it was like from my "unique" perspective. ^_^
Oh well... you lucked out. My vid cards been 'blacking out' maps like that on me since i13. Only when I pan out when the camera's up against a
wall. I don't mind it, gives me a chance to admire the artistic properties of powersets that get obscured by the atmosphere.
Clarification:- DS wasn't there. I was on your team with Glass Lass, and I'm the one who -Fly'd Lady Valiance out of the sky. I immediately realised what I'd done and boggled.
Annnd what you missed is this:- Lady Valiance never respawned. Rather, what she did was fly up directly beneath the map. 
While Terr and I were fighting Sachie and Nogi, Valiance kept taunting and attacking us from under the map.
LAND SHARK.
-- Acyl
Whoops! Thanks for catching that. I edited to reflect what really happened.

Still, that was funny as hell.

BTW - what does Nogitsune use for a travel power? Valiance flies, Sachie leaps. I don't recall seeing Nogi move faster than a standard sprint?
Nogi leaps, but in PVP she shouldn't get out of range of her pets, who aren't that fast.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
And suddenly, Cyberman 8 finds himself in an Infocom game....
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
What, did he get eaten by a grue?

This reminds me tangentially, Logan -- I got a pic of a tin toy of 8th Man at EPCOT last month that I need to upload somewhere for you to see...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
email it to me and I can host it, wiregeek@tertiary.net
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Oh, thanks WG, but I can host it, I just need to get off my butt and get my flickr account paid up.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.