Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tales of the Legendary: Gir
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dark seraph

something that both me and ran are working on, part one (i really need a better name for this Tongue)

###

Part 1: breaking

Steel Canyon

10:30pm - Friday, May 1st

Gir walk slowly down the street. She felt miserable… no, worse than miserable.

Earlier that week she and Patti had… she was still trying to understand it, she had thought that she and Patti were ready to take the next step in their
relationship. However, something had happened. She wasn't sure if she did something wrong or what, but Patti had asked her to leave. It was confusing,
wasn't that what Patti wanted?

To make up for it, Patti had arranged for a nice dinner, Gir borrowed fair bit of cash from her father to pay for a nice dress and got Sylia to help with her
hair make up. Patti had arranged to meet at very nice restaurant - Luigi's in Steel Canyon. Gir waited till the matre'd told her they were closing for
the night. She had never felt so embarrassed, or miserable. She didn't know why Patti would do such a thing to her.

She sat down on a nearby bench and started to pull her heels off. She tried to come up with a reason - any reason - Patti would have for standing her up, but
she couldn't come up with a thing. Tears slowly started to make their way down her face, she'd tried to call Patti, but all she kept getting was
Patti's voicemail.

"Hey, you okay?" Gir turned to face the voice and her jaw dropped. She recognized the figure instantly. It was Gaz. But that was impossible -
wasn't it? Gir had only barely survived the trip to Paragon City, and that was when she was still an Irken robot, how could a human survive that sort of
thing?

"Are you okay, ma'am?" the girl repeated.

"No, no I'm not, Gaz." Gir replied between sniffles.

The girl paused. "How do you know my name?"

"It's me Gaz…Gir. Zim's robot?"

"What…Gir, how did this happen?"

"It's a long story Gaz…I don't really feel like talking about it."

Gaz sat down next to her, putting her arm around Gir's shoulder. "So what's the matter, Gir?"

Something was trying to get Gir's attention, but she pushed it aside. "It seems like every time something goes my way…it falls apart, like I can't
get anything to work." She said as she tried to blink away the tears. "I wish I knew why."

"Maybe I can help you, Gir."

"H…how?"

"I know someone that can help, maybe even make things the way they were."

"You know someone like that…who?"

"Dib. He can help you, Gir. He's been looking for a way to take us home. He's been working so hard for so long. You just have to come with
me."

Gir spun to face Gaz, her mind filling with ice as she realised what was wrong. "You're not Gaz." She whispered.

"What do you mean Gir? Of course it's me." Gaz replied

"No…Gaz was never this nice. Not to me, not to Zim, and especially not to Dib…. I don't know who you are, but go away."

Gaz slumped her shoulders in defeat. Then, her fist lashed out and smacked Gir in face, knocking her to the pavement. "Your right Gir, I'm not Gaz, I
am Caz. And you're coming with me." she stepped forward her hands crackling with power.

Gir scrambled to her feet, her left eye swelling from the blow. Quickly, she rolled to her feet and brought her arms up to block the next blow. It slammed
against her forearm, red lightning crackling across her skin. She tried to swing back, but Caz moved too fast, her hands shot past Gir's defense and
grabbed her by the arms. She was forced backwards and smashed into a wall. Gir felt it crumble and give behind her as she was pushed partly into it. Small
shards of concrete tore into her back and behind.

Caz leaned forward. "You're coming back with me, Gir."

Gir suddenly shot her head forward, butting Caz in the nose. Caz reeled back as Gir flipped forward onto her hands and spring kicked Caz under the chin. She
then flipped back onto her feet and followed it up with a powerful punch, sending Caz flying into the air. Gir turned and started toward the Yellow Line, not
even bothering to see were Caz landed.

She didn't get far before powerful hands were suddenly around Gir's throat as Caz leaped onto her back. Caz's hands were sending wave after wave
of electrical current into Gir's body, and Gir wasn't sure how much more she could stand. Turning sideways, she backed hard into one of the War Walls.
Caz released Gir with an audible "oof!" Gir turned around to hit Caz, but Caz was ready, and slammed Gir hard into the Solar Plexus. The smell of
burning satin filled the air as Gir hit the pavement again. Caz pressed the advantage and move forward.

Gir abruptly lashed out with both her feet, hitting Caz just below the knees. Caz's knees abruptly buckled, and she collapsed. Gir took a moment to
spring to her feet and run for the yellow line. Caz reached out and grabbed at Gir, snagging the bottom of Gir's dress. Gir tumbled forward, dress ripping.
Caz was already on her feet as Gir's jaw hit the pavement. Dazed, Gir rolled over.

Caz stepped forward and slammed her boot into Gir's chest. "I said I'm taking you back to Dib, Gir. I didn't say you had to be operational.
Or in one piece."

The booted foot twisted, and Gir winced in pain as the steel spikes on the boot's soles twisted with it, tearing cloth and skin alike. Thinking quickly,
she grabbed the boot and twisted it sideways. Caz went reeling to one side, giving her a chance to get up.

Gir turned to face Caz. Unfortunately, Caz was between her and the Yellow Line, cutting off her escape route. The only way to get out of this was through
Caz. She eyed the other robot, noting the smirk on her face….wait…why was she smiling?

Suddenly, Caz put out both her arms and an arc of electricity sparked from between her arms and slammed into Gir. Gir shook as the electricity ran through
her body, forcing her back down on her knees. The cruel smile on Caz's face grew wider. "You see, Gir. You are completely outclassed. You don't
have any choice."

Gir looked around, desperate to find anything to help her out, anything to give her an opportunity to escape. Her eyes focused on the railing behind Caz,
and quickly she came up with a plan. Facing Caz directly, she charged.

Caz held her arms again and the shockwave lashed out, buffeting Gir. But this time she didn't fall, didn't even slow down….she just took the
punishment and kept moving. As she got close, Caz puched out and slammed an electric fist into Gir's stomach. Gir didn't block or dodge, she just
sucked up the pain with a whimpering moan. Caz's punch hurt, but it wasn't enough to stop Gir's momentum. Gir slammed her arms into Caz's
chest, causing Caz to lean back, losing her balance over the railing. Caz's hand reached out and grabbed Gir by the middle, but the reminants of Gir's
dress, damaged and abused by the fight, ripped free and fell with Caz down the ledge. Gir leaned against the railing, breathless for a moment, but had booked
for the Yellow Line before Caz hit the ground.

Fortunately for Caz, someone had left a dumpster at the bottom of the ledge and Caz fell into it. After lying there a moment, she stood, dusted herself off,
and threw the remains of Gir's dress down. The outfit she was in was mangled and torn. "Well…that sucked." She said to no one in particular.

"Yes, it did." Caz spun to see MiMi exit the shadows. "Your orders were not to move in until we can confirm whether or not the target is indeed
Panzer Sabre. So tell me why you risked compromising our mission?"

"To hell with finding Panzer! I think I have something a lot more interesting to tell the Doc."

###

As the train rolled on, Gir sat in the back miserably and thought of the evening, growing glummer and glummer.

Abruptly a beige cloth trenchcoat was dropped into her lap. "Here, kid. You look like you need this more than me."

Gir looked up to see what looked like a naked female cheetah girl looking down at her. She smiled. "My card's in the breast pocket. Just return it
to the address listed when you're up to it. At least I got my fur to fall back on. Besides, I'm off to home to grab some threads before heading to the
office for a little pow-wow with the chief. Which reminds me…" She cat reached into the pocket of the coat and pulled out a PPD badge, a cell phone, and a
gun. "Can't have you traipsing about town with these. So tell me…what happened to you, kid? Who did this to you?"

Gir was about to come up with an excuse…ANY excuse…not to talk to the police cheetah when the train pulled into Atlas Park station. Gir grabbed the coat and
bolted out the door.

Outside, Gir had a good look at herself. Her dress was gone, and this had not been the night to go braless. All she had on was a pair of tattered and frayed
panties, one shoe that used be a high heel, and a pair of burnt purple evening gloves. No wonder that cheetah was wondering what happened. She quickly put the
trenchcoat on, and collapsed against the station wall, wailing.

###

Laz was fiddling with her guitar when she heard the elevator door chime. She turn to see Gir enter and her jaw dropped. "Gir, what…happened?" Their
father Dark Seraph entered the room, took one look at Gir and ran to her side. "Gir are you okay?" he asked as he grabbed her arm.

She flinched away from his touch. Laz got a good look at her sisters, the tear smeared makeup, and the black eye. "Gir, are you okay?" Seraph
repeated

Gir turned away. "I don't want to talk about it." She muttered

Seraph wasn't taking that for an answer. He opened Gir's coat. His eye twitched as he saw the lack of clothing, and the injuries. "Gir, I need
to know. What happened to you?"

Gir spun to her father, the highlight in her hair changing from pale green to deep crimson. "I SAID I DON"T WANT TO FUCKING TALK ABOUT IT!" she
screamed as she shoved Seraph away.

Laz watched in mute horror as her sister's push sent Seraph flying across the room and smashing through the wall. Gir looked at her hands in shock, her
hair returning to its normal colour, before bolting to her room.

Laz could believe what she just saw, Gir had been on a date with Patti and she was normally walking on clouds after that. What could have triggered
that...unless?

The colour drained from her face. No, She thought, Patti wouldn't even dare. Unless she tried to use Gir's naiveté to….She felt
blind rage filling her. She stood up and headed to the elevator. She would find Patti and make her pay for hurting her sister.

When she was done, Patri-ette would be nothing but a grease smear on the pavement.

###

The White Estate - Half an hour later.

Defensive turrets popped and began to fire as Laz stormed through the entryway and into the grounds. The turrets fired at Laz, punched holes in her
clothing and body, but she just healed the wounds and got madder. As she crossed the driveway she saw as impervium plates started to come down over the windows
and doors. She he increased her speed and rolled into the entryway before the main door closed. The oak door stood no chance against Laz.

Murder in her eyes she rolled to her feet. Giles the butler was in the hallway, holding a small sidearm. Laz raised her hand and moved in to kill.

"STOP!" the voice thundered through the room and Laz looked up to see Jack White, the Patriot, float down from the second floor, dressed in full
Patriot regalia. The same outfit Patri-ette uses, only designed for the male form.

Patriot looked calmly at the intruder. "Please explain, Miss Laz, this unannounced invasion of my home?"

Laz reached out, grabbed Patriot by the flowing cape, and slammed him harshly into a wall. Wall decorations rattle and fell, and a crystal vase fell off a
shelf and shattered.

Patriot turned around and faced Laz. Laz stared dagges at the man. "Take me to that fucking whore of a sister of yours, so I can RIP HER FUCKING HEAD
OFF!"

The man stared impassively at her, and said only one word. "No."

Laz howled in fury and rained blows down on Patriot. If Jack had been a normal man, he would have been killed by the punches combined with the draining
ability of the darkness powers coming from Laz. But Jack possessed the Patriot powers, which included the ability to absorb any form of physical damage.
Instead of dodging or blocking, Jack stood there and took it. Blow after blow hit him, some causing him to reel back, but always he returned to the same spot,
and his expression never changed. He simply kept looking at her, impassively, occasionally glancing at the grandfather clock on the other side of the room. The
only difference was the glow that started to come from Jack's body with increasing brightness, and the humming sound that increased in pitch and
volume.

After several minutes of this, Laz fell to her knees, gasping for breath.

Patriot looked down at her. "Are you finished?"

Laz screamed again and launched herself at Patriot. Again, Patriot stood there impassively waiting out the storm. A few more minutes passed and Laz slid
down from where she had been pounding on Patriot's chest.

"I guess not. Are we done now?"

Laz just glared up at the man with hate-filled eyes.

"Now what, pray tell, was my sister supposed to have done to earn such ire?"

"She beat up and raped my sister, the bitch!"

Patriot's eyes briefly flashed concern. "When did this happen?"

"Earlier tonight. They had a date and when Gir came home she had been mauled by your sister."

Patriot frowned. "Did Gir say this?"

"No, but the wounds…"

Patriot looked at Laz and gave a sigh of disappointment. "My sister couldn't have done this."

"YOU LIE!"

For the first time since she entered the house, Patriot showed anger. "I…DON'T…LIE!" he thundered.

In spite of her anger, Laz was taken aback by the outburst.

"Now, if you are done making blind accusations, I will show you WHY I know my sister didn't do this. You can either come with me and learn the truth,
or we can go for another round of you futilely attempting to hurt me. THIS time, however, I will fight back…and I absorbed every blow you hit me with, and can
channel it into my return punch." With that, he floated back up to the room he entered from.

Laz wasn't really concerned with Patriot's threat and was half tempted to take him up on the offer, but her rage was abated enough that she wanted
to know the truth. Grudgingly, she climbed the stairs and followed Patriot into the next room.

###

The Guardhouse (Virtue League's Base) - Moments Later

Patriot stepped off the transport pad and walked through a couple of rooms into the computer center. Laz followed behind, glaring at the man. Patriot sat at
the computer and punched in some commands "This is why Anne can't have done anything to Gir...or anyone else for that matter."

On the screen was a thermal view of a form lying somewhere. There was a time display in one corner showing the current time.

"What is this?" Laz said.

"This is a thermal view of Anne's bathroom. For privacy reasons, standard imagery is not allowed in the bathing area."

"What's she doing?"

"Lying in the bathtub…the same thing she's been doing since Wednesday."

Laz's anger dropped abruptly. "Is…is…she alright?"

"I don't know. She came into the manor on Wednesday, pale as a sheet going 'Oh my god' repeatedly. She ran into her room, peeling off her
uniform as she ran, and went straight into the shower. The shower ran for approximately one hour. When it was done she fell into the position you see her in
now and has been there ever since. Computer shows she is breathing, and shows no injuries. However, she secure-locked the room when she went in. Nothing short
of a thermonuclear blast could get in that room now, and even that is debatable."

"Why is that?"

"The secure-lock system was put in during the last Rikti war. It's designed as a panic room in the event of a Rikti invasion. The walls and doors
are bolted through with solid Impervium, and the room is surrounded by a field that blocks teleportation."

"Why is she lying there?"

"I don't know that either. She hasn't moved. She doesn't respond to the speaker or any other attempts to contact her. Her cell phone went
off repeatedly earlier today, but she didn't respond."

"... Gir has no idea... wait. If Patti's here, then what the hell happened to Gir?"

"How would I know that? Since Wednesday night, I've been here trying to help my sister, hoping something I'll say or do will get through to
her. I've cancelled my patrols, and all my other social activities." He turned to look at Laz. "Yet your first reaction was to come here,
swinging your 'sword of justice' on an assumption, instead of helping your sister in her moment of need."

Laz froze as Jack's comments sunk in. "Oh shit."

"Real heroes get all the facts and help the victims before they go to seek confrontation. You would do good to remember that." Jack chided.

"…I…have to go. Fuck! I've gone and done it again."

Jack pushed a button. "I've released the security barriers on the house. Our teleport center is still under construction, so you'll have to
leave the way you came in."

Laz wasn't listening. She had to get back to Gir.

###

Quote:But this time she didn't fall, didn't even slow down….she just took the punishment and kept moving.

SOMEONE just used Unstoppable!

Quote:The only difference was the glow that started to come from Jack's body with increasing brightness, and the humming sound that increased in pitch and volume.

After several minutes of this, Gir fell to her knees, gasping for breath.

Patriot looked down at her. "Are you finished?"

Oops! That's not Gir....

Soooo... WTF happened to Patti? Lost thinks she's a bit irritating, but good for Gir, so OK, the Bug thinks she's the 'red white blue confuzing mammal', but noone wants her in a coma..
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
As for a title, I just went and read the List of Invader Zim Episodes, and I think "The Rise and Fall of Moby Dork" would be a
good title.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Ransan

Quote:

Oops! That's not Gir....

Ooops. That one's my bad. I wrote that scene after rewriting the Caz/Gir fight scene about six times. I guess my fingers got used to typing
"Gir". I don't have an editor, so I have to work without a net. *Corrects on his local copy.*

DS, you posted it, care to fix that?

dark seraph

fixed, as for what happend to patti, well, you have to wait for the next part

dark seraph

Part 2: picking up the pieces

May 2 12:15 AM

Atlas Park,

Seraph Residents

Laz stepped out of the elevator, Jacks parting words still ringing in her ears. Once again she flew off the handle and maybe made things worse. As she
entered the kitchen, she saw a note lying on the bench. Picking it up she gave it a once over.

"Laz, your father is staying at the hospital for the night so the can fix his collar bone, but he said he needs to have a word with you when he gets
home. Also, go see your sister, she needs somebody to talk to. Love, auntie Sera."

Laz put the note down and headed to Gir's room. Jack was right, She thought. When Gir needed me, I went off guns blazing…

She paused outside Gir's door. Taking a deep breath to reassure herself, she tried the handle. Much to her surprise, the door was locked.

"Gir…it's Laz. Can…can I come in?" she called gently. She rattled the door knob again before stepping back. Briefly, she considered kicking
the door down, but checked herself. That would just probably upset Gir more, not to mention get herself into even more trouble than she already was in.

Abruptly, Laz turned and entered her room. She wasn't quite ready to give up yet. She went over to the window, opened it, and stepped out onto the
balcony.

She gasped as she looked over to Gir's balcony and saw her sister curled up in the fetal position on the balcony's floor, covered in just a singlet
and shorts. Without even thinking of the 20 story drop below her, she leaped over to Gir.

"Gir, are you okay?" Laz said as she landed right next to her sister. She placed a hand on Gir's shoulder and was shocked by how cold she was.
Gir was shivering slightly, but Laz couldn't tell whether it was from cold or shock. "Gir, come on, let's get you inside."

Laz slowly helped her sister inside the room and closed the window behind them. She led her sister to the door, opened it, and took her out to the bathroom
to see about her injures. Gir was unresponsive as Laz started to treat her wounds. As she was applying a bandaid to a cut on Gir's chin, Laz got a good
look at her sisters eyes and felt her stomach lurch. Instead of the usual happy sparkle, Gir's eyes where almost dead. No life, no joy, nothing but a dull
blank stare.

"Gir… oh god, Gir, what happened?" Laz asked.

"Every…everything goes wrong, Laz. I broke the old house, I broke my head, I messed up what me and Patti had, and now I broke daddy. I'm just a
stupid little robot that can't do anything right but break stuff." Gir's voice was flat with no emotion.

Laz pulled her sister into a hug, to her Gir say that sort of stuff hurt, to go form some one so full of life and happiness to this? "Gir… please,
tell me what happened?" she asked, blinking away the tears that threaded to blur her vision.

Gir slowly told Laz what had happened. She told her everything. She told her what happened between her and Patti on Monday, she told her about Patti calling
on Tuesday to schedule a date, she told her about being stood up, and she finally told her about the assault form the mysterious girl, ending with when she got
home. Her voice cracked as she reached the part where she hit their father. "I only make things worse Laz. It's not fair." As she told her story,
Gir's face became more animated, tears rolling freely down her face. "what's the point Laz… what's the point of going on if-" she was cut
off as Laz's hand slapped her.

'What's the Point?' Gir, I Never want to hear you talk like that. Ever," Laz shouted. "How can you say such a thing? You have done so
much with your life. You gave me a family when I had none, you have more friends than I can count, and you have a girlfriend that loves you. Sure shit keeps
cropping up, but you can't focus on that."

Laz's breath came in ragged gasps as she watched her words slowly sink in.

Life began to slowly return to her sister's face. "Love…?" Gir echoed the word slowly. "If Patti loves me…then why didn't she show
up? Why didn't she tell me what's wrong?"

Laz took a deep breath, choosing her words very carefully. "Patti is going through a...difficult patch at the moment. Even her brother doesn't know
what's going on. Everyone has their personal demons they have to face, Gir. When it's all over, Patti will want you there to help. But for now…she
needs some time to think."

Gir looked at her sister. "So…I should wait…and Patti will be better?" Laz could see the desperate look in Gir's eyes. A look that said that
she needed to be told everything was going to be all right.

"Yes Gir, Patti will be better." Laz was slightly disgusted with herself at how easy it was to lie to Gir. But Gir needed hope right now, not the
truth.

Thank you, Laz. Thank you so much." Gir slumped into Laz's arms. Her weight nearly knocking the taller girl to the floor.

Laz smiled as she carefully put her arm around Gir's waist and guided her back to her room. "I think you need to go to sleep now. In the morning
you'll take a shower and then we can get a 'get well soon' card for Patti, okay?"

Gir mumbled an incoherent reply. She was obviously drained by all that had happened, but at least there was the hint of a smile on her face. And in the end,
that was all that mattered to Laz; to see her sister happy and well.

####

again thatnks to Ran for agreeing to be my editor, stay tuned for the next part

dark seraph

((affter a delay, the last bit))

May 4th

White Manor, outskirts of Founders Fall

Gir
walked slowly through the large mahogany doors into the main hall of White Manor. Slung over her shoulder was the
bag of "supplies" her aunt and sister had helped her acquire. Patti had
called her earlier that day and told her that there was
something she really needed to tell her. At first Gir had
panicked,
thinking that Patti was dumping her, but Patti had managed to assured her that it wasn't anything bad.

It
was quiet in the hall...very quiet....almost eerily so. Gir glanced around from door to door looking for some
sign...any sign of life. She was starting to panic when she heard a throat clear and an amused voice said "Gir, eyes up here." Gir looked up, and hovering a few feet above the second
floor landing was Patti. She was dressed in a way Gir had never seen before. A white, translucent, low-cut, strapless, backless, gown clung to her figure like
a second skin as she slowly floated down the stairs. Gir could only stare at the figure, slackjawed. She tried to speak, but her throat simply
couldn't find voice. Finally, as Patti reached the bottom of the stairs, Gir managed to squeak out "Patti...you
look....." before Gir's mind shut down again.

Patti grinned as she walked
toward Gir, adding a seductive sway she
moved. "You like?" She
purred. "It took forever to find something that seemed…
appropriate." She
was obviously enjoying the effect
the dress was having on Gir.

As Patti approached, it became obvious to Gir that Patti had nothing on underneath. Gir's
heart
began to beat
a hundred miles a minute.
Dose this mean Patti wants to do it? Gir thought to herself. But what if see freaks out like last time? … But would she wear
something like that if she didn't want to? Gir's thoughts chased
themselves around her head, unable to give her an answer.

Patti tilted her head. "Judging by your look…I think made the right choice in dress?." she gave Gir an impish smile.

Gir's voice finally decided to contribute
to the conversation. "Patti that dress looks beautiful on you." She reached out and ran her hand along Patti's shoulder,
then she let out a slight gasp as dress proceeded to slide off Patti like water.

"Do I look better now?" asked the grin spreading.

"Umm…yes…very yes."
Gir said. " But um…was it asposed
to do that?"

Patti's reply was another impish grin before she pulled Gir into a
passionate kiss.

Gir
leaned into the kiss, after a while she pulled away slightly. "Patti…what about your brother…or
the butler? I'm not sure if they would approve of us doing this in the entrance."

"Jack's off with some army buddies and I gave Giles the night off,"
Patti replied,
running one hand through
Gir's hair while the other played with her shirt.

"… So we can do it any
where?"

"Anywhere you wish."

"…like even the ceiling?"

Patti wrapped her hands around Gir's waist and slowly lifted her off the floor and hovered up the stairs, her hands
slowly moving up the other girls back towards her bra. Gir pulled back slightly.

"What is it?" Patti asked, slightly afraid she may have been a bit strong in her advance.

"Patti, if…if we're going to do
this." Gir stopped and thought out her next words very carefully. "I…I
want it to be special."

"Special?"

"Patti, this is my first time, I want it to be something I can treasure forever."

Only now did Patti notice the large bag that Gir left in the entrance hall. Sighing, she carefully clamped down on her
hormones. "Okay Gir, what do you need?"

Gir smiled and gave Patti a quick kiss on
the nose. "Give me a bit to set up and I'll shout when I'm ready, okay?"

Patti nodded as Gir ran back down and picked up her bag and headed to the bedroom, she was mildly curious as to what her
girlfriend had planned.

###

After what seemed like a short eternity, she heard Gir call out and almost bolted down the hall, a combination of curiosity
and desire driving her. As she opened the door, she was surprised by what she saw.

The room was gently lit by what must have been at least a hundred candles. In their pale light, she could make out the bed
covered in rose petals, and their sweet aroma filled the room. At the centre of it all sat Gir in the nightie that Patti had bought her, a nervous grin on her
face.

Patti;s jaw dropped at the sight. Gir grin spread at her expression. "Um, I based some
of this off some romance movies, but…I think I did okay."

Patti nodded slowly, as Gir carefully climbed off the bed and walked up to her.
Taking Patti's hand in her own,
she led her back to the bed.

"I… I'm not exactly sure how this works, Patti, but… I think that with your help, we can figure it out." Gir
smiled nervously as she pulled Patti towards her.

"I think we'll have some fun figuring it out." Patti whispered in Gir's ear.

###

Later

Patti's Room - White Manor

The two girls collapsed back on the bed, completely exhausted.

Gir cuddled up to Patti, her head rested on Patti's chest. What they had done…she had no real way to describe it, it was
wonderful, it was amazing, it...it was…perfect.

Patti took a moment to bask in the afterglow, then sobered. Now was the time to confess…everything. "Gir?" She
said, her voice barley more than a whisper, "There's something… something I need to tell you."

Gir carefully propped herself up. "What is it?"

"You remember how I told you I was the equivalent of The Patriot from another reality?"

Gir slowly nodded, Patti had told her this several times before, but there was something in Patti's voice that had made
her concerned.

"Well, I wasn't completely truthful. Gir, I wasn't the equivalent of the Patriot in my world. I was the Patriot. I was Jack White in my world."

Patti swallowed. "In my world, there was a Patriot and a Fusionette, and there was… an accident. We were evacuating the
War Zone when the portal we were leaving got hit by a new weapon. something happened..." Patti took a shuddering breath before continuing.

"The two of us entered at the exact same moment… but only one person came out the other side. Instead of Patriot and
Fusionette…there was me. Not Jack, not Fusionette, but both….and neither." Patti let out a slight sob. Gir pulled Patti closer, switching places and
letting the taller girl rest her head on her shoulder.

"Portal Corp had no idea how it happened. They ran all sorts of experiments to…to…" Patti buried her face in
Gir's hair. "To see if they could split me…us…back to our original selves, but they couldn't. Slowly everyone I knew…they couldn't even look at me…Ji-Faultline was the
worst. He claimed I killed Fusionette. I went from the world's greatest hero to a freak, ostracized by everyone I knew and trusted."

"I…I tried to continue as if nothing was wrong, but I could still hear the names, still see the looks they gave
me."

Gir held Patti close. "Why?" she asked. "Why did you stay?"

"I had to Gir, I made a promise to save the people, to up hold the truth and justice… even if it felt like they had
abandoned me."

"When…when I came here…it was like some one had given me a chance to start over, no one knew who I was. What I was…I
felt bad for abandoning my world, I still do… not that I had a choice"

"They are still trying to fix the mess that was made when all the 'Nettes' crossed over. I still have no idea of how long it will take for them to find my world,
and back then I was completely lost. I decided to start over. I gave myself a new name, a new identity, a new life… then Portal Corp told me that this
world still has
a Patriot, too…it was awkward when we first met, but Jack…really helped me. He's the only other one that
knows this… in a way, I gave him something that we both needed. A family."

She paused and looked at the cealing for a
moment. "Eventually we got used to thinking of each other as siblings, it almost seemed normal. I began to adapt to my new life. Eventually I even began
to feel like I belonged here better than I did my home world. Then I met you Gir."

"You… you treated me like a normal person, you didn't seem to have a care in the world, so happy and cheerful…
you're the first person that had treated me like a human being in a long time."

"You are the first friend I made here, and it felt good to have some one i could talk to about normal things, but after
that run against the Banished Pantheon… I realized that i wanted a you to be more than a friend... That I had feelings for you"

"Then…why did you stand me up Patti…I thought I had done something wrong…" Gir carefully asked.

"You didn't do anything wrong Gir, it was me. I was still thinking like Jack." she paused before continuing.
"The whole time we were dating, i was playing the guy. When we went to go all the way last week, subconsciously my mind was thinking like a guy. So…I
got…confused. My mind and body couldn't agree on what they wanted, how to respond. I…freaked out…I felt horrible for what happened. I called you the next
day and set up that dinner to apologize. I was going to explain all this then.

"But…later that week I got into another argument with Terrence. I know I promised I wouldn't, but things just
happened. As were fighting I started to get turned on… something... i don't know, it might of been Netts sex drive, but... well… I kissed him."

Gir bolted upright, knocking Patti's head off her chest. "WHAT?!?"

Patti laid there, head hanging half off the bed in shame. "…with tongue." She added miserably.

When Gir didn't say anything, Patti continued. "After a few seconds, I came back to my senses. I was in shock. The
"Jack" part of me, which was still by and large in charge, couldn't accept what just I happened. I felt dirty...unclean...I stammered an apology, and some excuse and I fled home and ran for the shower. I
locked the door...I couldn't bring myself to face anyone after that. I sat there, trying to come to grips with
it. But I couldn't…it was too much. My brain overloaded and...I...I just shut down."

Gir moved over to Patti. "But…your better now…aren't you?" She asked, she could feel the perfect moment
slipping away.

Patti took a shuddering breath. "Gir, you do
understand what I've told you…don't you?"

"Yes, I think I do. I know what it's like to get a new body, and how scary it is to get used to things you never
had to deal with." Gir carefully cupped Patti's face in her hand.

Patti looked away. "This was a little more than that, Gir. A new body is one thing, but I had to take two minds and
remake them as one. I didn't come out of my coma until this morning, And
when I did I had to
re-question everything. Who I was, what I wanted, my relationship with you…everything."

Gir looks a shocked. "Question...our relationship?" The words hit her
like a semi. "W... why?"

"Before this happened, I was a lesbian...or more to the point, a straight guy in a woman's body. Now I'm
bisexual. I find both men and women equally attractive. I had to step
back from myself and decide if I wanted to stay with you, or if I wanted to pursue a more normal relationship."

Before Gir could say anything, Patti continued. "But I realized that while I do find men attractive, that's all I find them. Nothing
more. But I
LOVE
you Gir. You're attractive, bubbley and you
make me feel like a normal
person. I desire you, that should be obvious. you mean the world to me, and that made all the
difference."

Gir smiled as she pulled Patti into a tight embrace. "You have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say
that."

Patti hugged Gir back. "You had no idea how much I needed to say it."

As the hug continued, Patti became aware of something. "Speaking of desire, Gir… I'm not quite as tired as I was a
little bit ago…" Patti let the sentence dangle enticingly.

Gir gave Patti a cheeky grin as she easily lifted the other girl on to her lap. "I think I have a good idea of what to
do now."

Patti looked at Gir; happiness, love, and lust played predominantly in her eyes. "I KNOW I do."

She pulled Patti closer and whispered in her ear. "I has a good teacher."

Patti said nothing more as she cupped the back of Gir's head in her hands and brought her head forward into a
kiss.

###

May 5th

Seraph residence

Seraph and Laz looked to the as the door to the elevator dinged. They had both been a little worried when Gir didn't come back home last night.
Laz grinned to her father and went back to her breakfast as
Gir skipped in. She
looked a little dishevelled, but judging by the grin plastered on her face she seamed to be in a good mood.

Smiling he grabbed his coffee. "So, Gir, it looks like you and Patti fixed things up last night." he said before
taking a sip.

Gir smiled. "Oh, me and Patti fixed things…and I'm no longer a
virgin." She exclaimed happily.

Seraphs eyes bulged a second before he sprayed a mouth full of coffee across the table while Laz's fork missed her plate
and embedded itself in the table.

Sera waltzed in to the kitchen and took one look around. "So what did I miss?" she asked raising an
eyebrow.

"Well I told daddy I wasn't a virgin anymore, and him and Laz acted silly."
Gir replied. In the background, Laz was
slapping Seraph on the back as he made a strangled coughing noise.

"Oh, tell me all about it." Sera grinned. "But maybe in a
different room, I think we might kill Seraph if he hears anymore."

Gir nodded.

Sera lead her out of the
room, smiling, as Gir happily chattered away.