Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tales of the Infamous: Crey Bi-Annual Psych Eval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
- File Begins -
File: Unit Scimitar
Security Clearance Rating: Black Omega-2
Date Of Evaluation: [DATA RESTRICTED]
Location Of Evaluation: Nerva Archipelago, [DATA RESTRICTED]
Evaluation Conducted by: [DATA RESTRICTED]
[Image: neb_genom_madigan.jpg]
Codename: Inferno Scimitar
Name: Katherine R. Madigan
Rank: Colonel [Crey Security brevet rank for concurrent operations contingincies]
Role: Scimitar Commander
Evaluation:
"This one's the most dangerous and make no mistake of it, Dr. [DATA RESTRICTED]. Simply put, of all the computer cores we salvaged from [DATA RESTRICTED], she's been the most independent. I know the given theory is that they're all a single line, given the similarities in cerebral mapping, but I don't buy it. The others are all vaguely deferential in their initial debriefs. Madigan, however, she's a spitfire, no pun intended.
I'm sure you've seen my reports about her using her free time to begin doing other work in Crey, particularly in the [DATA RESTRICTED] branch. And she does good work, that's for certain. Every one of her promotions has been earned, and we've seen a [DATA RESTRICTED] increase in net profits in areas she's been involved in. I hear she's due to be promoted to [DATA RESTRICTED] any day now, and she definitely has the raw talent and intelligence to do so.
But that's the danger, really. She's honed the Scimitars from a group of solo operatives with barely any experience working together into a finely honed team that I'd put money on against an equal number of these so-called [DATA RESTRICTED] they're hunting any day. But you don't boss someone like that around forever. Eventually, either they wind up in charge, or you have to be worth their loyalty that they're satisfied being below you. We don't know anything about her past on [DATA RESTRICTED], but given all we've learned about [DATA RESTRICTED], I'd say it's a good guess she was a mover and shaker in their power structure. Given her mainframe was hooked up for remote control of some sort of mobile device, it's possibly an anti-assassination measure. She expects our spying on her, but I think she should get looked at for a position in [DATA RESTRICTED]. She's not going to be satisfied with this piss-poor assignment forever."
Conclusion: Loyalty seems reliable. Possible sources of disruptive activity: personal ambition, disatisfaction with current assignment, high propensity of units programmed from her development source to go rogue (See files: Silicon, Net, Dance, Street, Nano, Mirage, Plasma, Hawk). Class 4 Surveillance recommended.
[Image: galatea-cel3.jpg]
Codename: Shadow Scimitar

Name: Galatea

Rank: Major [Crey Security brevet rank for concurrent operations contingincies]

Role: Scimitar Executive Officer, Primary Assassin
Evaluation:
"This one's a real cold fish, and I don't mean because she's an ice queen. I spent a good hour and a half talking to her and barely got more than the absolute minimum of reaction from her. She's sentient, and certainly not defective. She shows far too much intelligence for that. However, she seems perfectly willing to remain in her current position, or even our evaluation of her. She's...a living machine. She accomplishes her tasks without personal feelings whatsoever, whether it's paperwork or tearing out some poor sucker's heart.
She certainly doesn't have the ambitious nature of some of the others, but I'm a bit unnerved by that. She doesn't seem to have any ambition, which is vaguely disturbing. No wants. No desires. She exists to fulfill her function, and she's very good at it, but I don't think she thinks beyond that. Madigan has to do most of her thinking for her, probably, which makes her a poor exec, but maybe Madigan's used to boot-licking yes-men.
Her loyalty is seemingly unquestionable, though. Someone like that doesn't seem to waste time contemplating betraying the people that give her her function, after all."
Conclusion: Trustworthy. Retain Class 1 Surveillance.
[Image: Nena.jpg]
Codename: Psycho Scimitar

Name: Nena Romanova

Rank: Lieutenant [Crey Security brevet rank for concurrent operations contingincies]

Role: SigInt, SigWarfare (Psionic)
Evaluation:
"This one's got the most apropos codename I've ever heard, though it's inaccurate. Specifically, she's not psychotic. More accurately, she's a sociopath, though I note that hardly disqualifies one for working here, yeah? She has the mind of a sixteen year old girl who's never been told that using her powers on bystanders for her own amusement is wrong. In fact, due to her training, she probably finds it an interesting and challenging hobby.
Though no exact correlation exists, however, she sees Madigan and Galatea as her authority figures and obeys them, even if she'd prefer not to. It's a very odd situation, as Madigan's certainly not encouraging the girl to view her as a maternal figure, but it seems to be happening anyway. Very dysfunctional family that'd bring, yeah? Maybe she's looking for some stability in her life.
However, her loyalty is very much to Madigan more than Crey. She cooperates with us because her "mother" tells her to, and that's about it. Yet another reason we need to keep Madigan under control. Her "pranks" are harmless now, but if we were to threaten Madigan, they'd turn deadly very quickly.
Also, that one incident with the [DATA EXPUNGED]? Yeah, I asked her about it. It did happen, though it was more [DATA EXPUNGED]. Just to clarify.
Conclusion: Loyalty erratic and conditionary. See attached notes. Class 2 Surveillance recommended.
[Image: Robin.jpg]
Codename: Arc Scimitar

Name: Robin Smythe

Rank: Lieutenant [Crey Security brevet rank for concurrent operations contingincies]

Role: Assault
Evaluation:
"This one makes me wonder why we bother with this whole android brain thing anymore. Smythe's well-adjusted, intelligent, well-spoken, and utterly unaware that she used to be the previous head of Project Scimitar. She's also incapable of saying anything bad about Crey, or even thinking it. I had a private telepath hired just to check!
Interestingly, for a former bookworm, she seems to be enjoying the violence first hand a lot more than you'd expect, but it's nothing more than someone who finds their job particularly fun. Sociopathic tendencies are a given in her case, but nothing major. She doesn't toy with our security troops like Romanova, for instance.
Overall, I think she's our main controllable one inside the Scimitar ranks, thanks to the leadup to her addition to the unit. Very stable, very competent, very violent. Just what the doctor ordered."
[Image: Jenny.jpg]
Codename: Amp Scimitar

Name: Jennifer

Role: Battery Combat Support (Ha ha. Very funny. - CS)
Evaluation:
"Jen's a weird case. I don't think she particularly cares about Crey, but neither does she really care about anything but her next buzz. Not that she's bad at her job, but she possibly enjoys it a bit too much.
Simply put, something went wrong with the allignment of her neural pathways to the whole setup, and she gets a massive endorphin rush along with the typical boosts to everything else from her kinetic projectors. She's at her best when operating at 200% of normal speed, and typically gets unenthusiastic and depressed if kept off her "speed-crack" for too long.
However, I honestly think it's harmless. In combat, she can keep herself buzzed as often as she likes, and elsewhere, it's not like she's depressed enough to do anything drastic. She's erratic, but not dangerous."

[Image: Zanbar.jpg]
Codename: Zanbar Scimitar

Name: Fate

Role: Assault
Evaluation:
"While similar to Gally, Fate here isn't quite the same. She clearly has the full emotional spectrum that most humans consider normal, but simply fails to express most of it. She's....muted, for lack of a better term, and there's no real explanation for why, as she's a production model, not a brain transplant or anything. Maybe it's something in her programming that compiled wrong to make her so mopey.
However, while she's quiet, she does her job just fine. She may not enjoy it like Arc does, but she's definitely good at what she does. Missions tend to go quickly and quietly for her, though she'll jump at the next one. Maybe missions give her something simple to accomplish.
Socially, she's awkward, often avoiding the rest of the Scimitars who all socialize amongst themselves, usually off to one side or in her room. She also answers the questions for the basic eval like someone trying to pass the test but not quite fooling it. Frankly, however, if this is the only quirk she develops, we're lucky. I'd say keep an eye on her, but I don't expect programs.
Conclusion: Erratic, but stable. Class 2 Surveillance recommendation.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
...Two questions.

1. Do I spot fangs in Fate's pic?

2. Do you have a Nanoha or Hayate lined up yet?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Quote: Valles wrote:

...Two questions.

1. Do I spot fangs in Fate's pic?
Yes, yes you do. I was looking for a proper image(most of Fate's official art is too....cheery...for Zanbar's personality) and stumbled
across a bit of fanart that I thought
thoroughly ironic given this one's a 33-S (who do, in fact, have fangs).

Quote: 2. Do you have a Nanoha or Hayate lined up yet?
Not really. Zanbar is Uni's, and I never really ran across a powerset that I liked sufficiently to fit either of those. Between that and a
lack of alt slots....
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Hayate seems to have the dual themes of Ice and BOOM, and she's squishy (nicely so - *whap*, shaddap, brain), so an Ice/Cold Corr could fit. Nanoha is an
Energy Blaster.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Well, the Red (It is red for Corrs/Doms, yes?) Energy blast isn't quite as suiting as blue, assuming you want to keep it all redside.. Though you could
work it out. I've already one character on that premise (Natalie, Kin/En Defender), but assuming I can get a better system for CoH in time to get one, I
could join you lot then...

On a more relevant note, lovely read into some characters there. Hopefully you've got more planned.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

dark seraph

right, so thats what Dib's Blades have to compeat against....

screw that, i'm gona have him make zombies insted Tongue

*Grin* Loved the Writeups you have here OM, they are very..very..[DATA EXPUNGED] and I hope to [DATA EXPUNGED] in the future Smile
I just love the title. Bi-annual? :lol
When Zanbar Scimitar is appropriate level, Rena demands PVP!
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Nanoha is definitely an Energy Blaster... altho the changes they're currently testing for Dominators make that possible. Just need a way to give her a
proper staff for Raging Heart.

And yes, I am tempted. Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
... I want a magic staff blaster Smile
Quote: Matrix Dragon wrote:

... I want a magic staff blaster Smile

Try the Stargate MMO. Wink
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Quote: ECSNorway wrote:

Wait, that actually exists?!?

I thought that was just a fake game built for the (very, very bad) Wargames 2 movie.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

dark seraph

Wait….. Crey evaluate all of the employees

Looks at Dib and the blades

Oh bugger Tongue

Quote:Sofaspud wrote:

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:

Wait, that actually exists?!?
I thought that was just a fake game built for the (very, very bad) Wargames 2 movie.
http://www.stargateworlds.com/
It's a new MMO. Still in beta. 
Edit: It bears mentioning that they are apparently feeling the economic crunch, and have been working on the game for four years already. On the other hand they do have lots of screenshots and videos. I'm not sure how playable their beta is because this is not a game I'm following, but given that it is in beta, one presumes there must be some kind of finished product.
-- Acyl
OK, 'Raging Scimitar' has been created. Grav/Energy Dominator. I'll post pics and background when I get less tired of Crashy McCrashalot.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Hey! That's my title now! (I can't be Typo Queen if I'm never on to typo
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Ankh...You need to Mug someone for their money so you can get a working computer *grin* We misses you!
and because I was there when ECS decided to contemplate Raging Scim, we now have Yozora Scimitar. An Ice/Cold Corrupter based off of Hayate. If any of you
are surprised, you need glasses. *Points at Avatar and sig* Pics will come later, but I'f you've seen Plasma Sabre, you've seen Yozora.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
And, argh, I just realized I made a major mistake. I made Nanoha/Raging Scimitar Magic origin. Sad
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
This is problem how, comrade?

(Crey would definitely been interested in creating/controlling magic, so a Scimitar magic-user as a prototype is certainly feasible)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I'd intended a standard production model, alongside Fate and Hayate.

A prototype using technomagic componentry is entirely possible, but I'd still expect a Tech origin on that.

Hrm. Do Magic/Tech DO enhancements exist? Or Science/Magic?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Sadly, no. Sad
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
It wouldn't be too huge a leap. There is a magic origin Sabre already, Rose Sabre.

Her story is that she's a prototype automaton from Nemesis. They used her to test and see if they could build the magic origin heroes from the freedom
phalanx for the Rikti world invasion. Crey eventually stole her from Nemesis to study her and see if they could improve their own designs from the magic and
technology in her. Edge eventually stole her from Crey and they joined Sylia's Sabres. And that's where it stands today Tongue

So, if you wanted to do it, they could use technology learned from her to build Raging Scimitar's suit, use her as a test to see if they really can combine
magic with technology as well as Nemesis can.

oooor, if you want to re-make her, at least she's still pretty low level I'm guessing ^_^
She's currently level 6.

And, while I had intended for her to be using magic of a sort, I'd intended technomagic, like the Nanoha'verse uses. Which would fit better with Tech
enhancements.

OTOH, I've already wasted the Halloween salvage for a costume slot, so....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Pages: 1 2