Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: My apologies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As many of you have noticed (and I've received a couple emails in query), I haven't been on much lately.

I'd love to give a great reason for it, but the truth is, I'm just bored with the game right now, and far more interested in...well, anything else,
really.

I'm maintaining my subscription (it's paid for another 3 months) but unless something changes, I'm not coming back any time soon.

Edit: Although I15 is tempting me. I may come for visits in the coming week, I'm on vacation.
Heh, i don't think anyone will hold it against you, People change, intrests change. Thats just the way life is. Still who knows sometime in the future you
may go 'Hmm..you know..its been a while..I wonder how people are doing and how things have changed..maybe I'll give it another run" I did that
with FFXI and other offline games I've played..I occationaly crave to play older games once again. Hell even years later after quitting Final Fantasy
Online because of Frustration at the need to group for everything and boredom of being unable to group..I -still- get a real driving urge to try and reinstall
and play it..So Theres always hope but don't let anyone guilt ya into staying for whatever reason. Take time away and if things change and you want to come
back, I think its pretty safe to say you'll still be a welcome comrad among our ranks *grin*.

thats just my 2 bits

Terrence

(edited for annoying spelling mistake 0_o)
Go. Be. Do.

Most of us will still be around when you get the itch again barring zombie uprising or y'know the end of the world.
I've taken breaks from Paragon City as well since I started playing in 2004. Very few people can maintain interest in any one thing for so long. And I knew
that when I started. I thought I would play a couple of years, tops. But here it is, almost 5 years later and I'm still going. But I've had extended
breaks. Gone to play WoW or Mass Effect or even just catch up on reading.

The City doesn't seem to be going anywhere for the immediately foreseeable future. We'll be here if/when you decide to put on some tights and go battle
evil again! ^_^
Gonna jump on the bandwagon myself. I'm far too busy kicking ass and being awesome IRL to be doing it in CoH.. seeya this winter, I guess?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Wire..you can't leave :p You've never even been around you Jerk :p Besides..your missing out on your quota of awesome in game..and without you
around..who's going to keep me playing blue!..bastard! I'm playing a stalker today and its ALL. YOUR.FAULT. hehe. Ah well..I better see you on alot
when winter rolls around *sniffs*

dark seraph

yes Terr, give into the Red side, we have cookies

I get called off for reasons beyond my control, and this is what things degrade to?

You folk need to get a handle on things. I can't be around all the time to keep it together, you know...
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
*Flails excessivly* Dammit Ankh..we need you back don't you see? Tongue we're like..unglueing at the seams without ya here lol...At this rate the world
will self destruct..and it'll be all your fault ^_-
I take more frequent, short breaks, myself. Notice how you'll see me on once or twice a week, most weeks, and not more?

That's my way of staying sane and not-addicted. And having time to do other stuff, like get my crappy broken laptop turned into a media center.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
mmmm, self destruction..

Lemme roll out this week for ya.

Sunday: Work @ Cabin (gluing trusses) 9am - 8:30pm, Movies W/ Vyper 8:30pm-midnight

Monday: Work @ Work 4:30am - 3pm, Boat setup (in pouring rain) 4pm-5pm, fishing 5pm-8pm, movies w/Vyper 8pm - midnight

Tuesday: Work @ Work 4:30am - 3:30pm, Work @ Vyper's (move dead truck onto tow dolly, maintenance lawn tractor) 3:30pm-6:30pm, Laundry and rest,
6:30pm-8:30pm

Wednesday: Work @ Work 4:30am - 3:30pm, Shopping for barbecue supplies 3:30pm-5:30pm, remodelling bathroom 5:30pm-8:30pm

Thursday: Work@ Work 4:30am - 3:30pm, Barbecue 3:30pm-8:30pm

Friday: DAY OFF: I.T. Work @ Earl's, 12:30noon - 2:30pm, house cleaning 2:30pm-8:30pm

Saturday: Party! Shuttle duty, 2pm:midnight

Sunday: Party Cleanup, Day off

you fit any CoH in there? I can't.
Shhhh.. Sure I can.. getting rid of that working at cabin..that would open up alot of space Tongue takeing out BBQ..and Party Smile that would open up party clean up
and having the day off Lol

but you know i'm just givin you a hard time, and Figure I'll be seein ya after winter starts hehe..We'll have to haul your carcass through the
Reichman TF...its fun!
I'm looking forward to it - how bad is Reichy himself?
From what I've been told, he's a cupcake blueside, and a fusion-powered party-slicer redside.

Now that I've stolen my good PC back from Ops, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl. Big Grin

(My laptop is teh fail in this heat, and I don't have the ability to pull an Ankh and stack it on top of ice cubes to keep it running Big Grin )

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I've an idea or two centered around a mini-fridge...
The Ice-cube trick stopped working once I got my fan replaced. Before it was very clearly hot to the touch, now, it's just the same symptoms and
software-thermometers that lead me to suppose Overheating.

Regardless, I will be back and looking forward to greeting the few stragglers that are left once I find some work. Enjoy your time off Wire.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Quote: Sofaspud wrote:

From what I've been told, he's a cupcake blueside, and a fusion-powered party-slicer redside.

Now that I've stolen my good PC back from Ops, I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl. Big Grin

(My laptop is teh fail in this heat, and I don't have the ability to pull an Ankh and stack it on top of ice cubes to keep it running Big Grin )

I wouldn't call him a cupcake blueside. If you lack any debuffers, you're in serious trouble, and even then, our latest six man run tonight had a few
close calls, like that time Reichy decided he'd had it with Terr's shit and reduced him to a thin smear on the floor in about two hits. This was nearly
repeated on a few other occasions, except for some mad saves from Rhea and intervention on the part of a lot of summoned pets. (Note, healers? You will be
working your ass off to keep your people alive. Or at least, getting them back in the fight fast.)

And frankly, it was FUN. It was a rough, tough fight that could have gone horribly wrong at any second, not through poor team design or bad teamwork, but
simply because Reichy was DAMN TOUGH.
This is a fun TF, but flawed.

Without debuff in the last fight, Reichsman simply cannot be taken down. I have done this TF unsuccesfully twice now, and in both cases a well balanced, tough
party ended up smearing themselves like a fly on a grinning biker's teeth.

Yes, you could argue that it is hard to call a team 'balanced' without debuffs; but needing a specifc powerset group to finish the TF is moderately
annoying.

I still want to finish it on Bella at some point though (and Statesman for that matter)
Well, Castle's stated that the TF and SF are going to be tweaked in the next few updates, so I suspect they may be moving to address that issue. Hell, from
what I hear, Reichy's already gotten some redesigns. For instance, while insanely durable (In addition to his incredible resistance, he's got over TWO
HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX THOUSAND HIT POINTS), he actually has virtually no regen. Maybe a hundred hit points a second. He can take a lot of damage, but he
doesn't recover from it well at all.