Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tales of the Legendary: lightening up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dark seraph

Atlas Park

A quiet hum of her cellphone on her nightstand woke her slowly as she eyed the bright red numbers of her alarm clock. A horrible number she thought to
herself as she eyed the caller ID squinting past the sleep in her eyes before grunting and rolling over to bury her face in her pillow to muffle out the noise.
Four in the morning, didn't anybody sleep in anymore? She wondered to herself with a sigh as she slid out of bed with a heavy sigh and locked herself in
the bathroom.

The steam from the shower felt nice against tense overworked muscles and the coffee went down like nectar of the Gods to rejuvenate her for another round of
the daily grind. Hat, coat, boots, primary cell, secondary, radio, shades and she was out of her flat, strafing across the Legendary base to check the roster
for the day for anything interesting. It was an ungodly hour, the base sounded of a quiet snoring choir as she checked her inbox and zipped off toward the
transporter bay.

A quick stop in Talos Auction house where she refused to haggle with the staff over how much she'd empty her bags for. "One" 'you
sur-' "ayup, all of it." She wasn't going to adjust or haggle over it, it all needed to go just as her cell phone vibrated at her hip turning
her attention away answering if only so the handler would get a move on her transactions instead of asking her if she was sure she wanted to sell a handful of
goo for pennies when she could make millions. "That'll work, be there in five-" glancing up to the teller as he held up a vial with a questioning
glance "make that ten" hanging up as she eyed the teller "O-N-E."

Handing over a tally she didn't even bother to read before stuffing it in one of her empty bags as she sped off to the train and through Steel to yellow
in seconds. Some of her usual fare before having to actually be alert. There was more than one leader amid a sea of strange faces as she slid to a sideways
stop in the Architect Entertainment building standing just shy the Auction House in Atlas. She was content at first to hang with one of the groups as the team
split in two down the center.

Tish hanging back with the tanker knowing in her half awake state that her place was somewhere behind him but when he stopped short and she slung into a mob
finding herself suddenly wide awake and fighting for her life. She wore a wild grin on her face listening to her monitor give off warnings that she was about
to face plant and yet never quite managed to meet the dirt with her face. It only went down hill from there as they loaded up a second mission as she popped
her ear-buds in mentioning something about being unavailable for conversation the second the team entered.

After an hour or so of the same mobs over and over her stomach snarled like a pack of rabid wolves and she bowed out of the next few runs thanking the team
of strangers for the invite only to speed off without bothering to take names. A fresh cup of java and some random sticky sweet that wouldn't do much but
fuel the fires she planned on keeping stoked most days. Somewhere in her head as she looked out over Atlas park, listening to the general chatter flooding in
over her radio she felt a challenge was in order.

The radio screeched silent as she pulled her secondary phone and started rifling through numbers asking a handful of contacts what they had for her today.
The usual, crispy critters, nothing fun until one mentioned Romans. "hmmm, that sounds foolish- I'll take it." Details forwarded as she took a
closer look at the brief while sipping her coffee calmly. The other cell lined up in her sight as she read over the words dialing a number. "Wakie,
Wakie" she chanted as the ringtone went off in her ear before stopping with a half grunted breath.

"Hey DS, it's Tish. You up?"

She ordered a double of what she had using only hand signals to the barista who picked up on it like a pro, while on the phone with him, smirking deviously
knowing she'd woken him from a dead sleep. By the time he was out the door she stopped him with a full steaming cup at face level still bearing that
devious grin. "Rise and shine, time to have some fun." As he took a moment to enjoy the brew and comment on her pick of the bunch. A light innocent
shrug "I was feeling the need to do something psychotic." With a further eye opening, she smacked him with speed and some extra heights before
speeding off to the Architect Entertainment building.

_____

Atlas Park

Seraph Residents

Dark Seraph slowly woke to the sound of his mobile going off, rolling over he got a look at the clock. Who the bloody hell rings at 7 in the morning? He
thought as he blindly groped around the night stand for it.

He eventually found it and answered, it only to stop it beeping "Hello?" he mumbled.

"Hey DS, it Tish. You up?"

"I am now, what do you want?"

"Ooh, I was thinking about taking down some Romans, wana come?"

"You want me to go to Cimoria at seven in the morning?"

"What? No. apparently some Romans have ended up in a council base, so you coming or not? I have coffee."

"… okay, give me a moment to get dressed."

"Kay, I'm waiting out the front."

Seraph hung up and struggled out of bed. She must still be trying to get me to have "fun". He mused as he got dressed.

Tish had seamed to make it her goal it seamed to make sure he didn't end up some "boring guy" as she put it. Oddly enough, he actually was
starting to enjoy it, not the he would admit it.

When he was finally ready, he headed for the lift, stoping to leave a not for Gir and Laz to say he'd gone out. As he exited the building, he almost
walked in to an out held cup of coffee.

"Rise and shine, time to have some fun." Tish grinned as she gave Seraph the drink.

Seraph took a swig of the coffee and slowly felt the rest of his brain come online. "So… time travelling Romans in a Council base… only in
Paragon." He smiled as they headed off.

-----

2 hours later

Council mech hanger

Seraph was sitting on the walkway, several of Romulus troops laid near by, it had been a tough fight, but he and Tish had managed to clear them out. Wincing
as he grab at the spear head sticking in his back, he was about to yank it out when Tish walked up and smacked him on the back of the head.

"Oy, ya gonna make it worse doing that." She chided him. "Here, let me do it." She knelt down next to him and grabbed the remainder of
the shaft, Seraph hear her count under her breath before she gave it a sharp pull.

He let out a slight grunt of pain before Tish put her hand over the wound, and pointed her other at a groaning roman. There was flicker of light followed by
a warm sensation and the pain was gone.

Seraph stood up and offered to help Tish up. Shaking her head Tish ignored the hand and stood up. "Ya know you're a strange guy Seraph. Not bad,
just strange." She said grinning at him.

"I'll take that as a complement…. I think." He muttered.

Tish shook her head and smiled. "Any way. now we're done here, how about lunch? My shout."

"Well, I be stupid to knock back a free meal, and when the offer comes from a lovely young lady." Seraph made a deep bow.

Tish stared at him for a few moments then burst out laughing. Seraph grinned back before continuing. "So, were we going? Cuz I kinda missed breakfast
for this."

"Well then, good thing I'm shouting isn't it." Tish eyed him up and down. "Looks like you could use more meat on your bones
anyway." With that she gave him a speed boost and headed out the main door.

-----

something i bugged Vyper into working on with me, as uesual, enjoy.

Fanfic doesn't bug me, especially when it's smack dab in the middle of my bashing my head against three other storylines not involved in CoX. It was
more like a happy escape from WoD/AD&D guidelines.