Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Attn: Valles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm thinking she's a dark/invuln scrapper. Dunno. Open to suggestions on that and on the costume.

I'm not entirely happy with the look -- for starters, can't do the one-handed large glove while still keeping the jacket; for another, can't do a
trenchcoat-style buttcape or even use the valkyrie items to fake it and still keep the mini-vest top.

But still. I'm rather pleased with some of the look. Thoughts?

[Image: th_subaru-1.jpg]

(Not exactly thrilled with the way the boots look, either, but the Valky w/ wings look at least approximates the exhaust pipes on her rollerblades...)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
((Fails ref roll))

Um... you tired the Wedding tux at all?

And as regards the boots... try one of the crafted winged boots: See here for details - http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Invention_Made_Costumes

If you had posted the costume data, I might have been able to whip up a version for you that was close... :p
Oh, hey, it's a Subaru! Win!

And I think that the Valk boots may well be a better match for Mach Caliber's, but by all means try the crafted ones too.

Unfortunately, I'm away from my main machine at the moment, so I can't really play with costume options or check reference properly to suggest further
refinements, but the shown design is not bad at all, and does meet with my approval. ^_^
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Micro: I may well go for the crafted Tech Wing boots, now that I've seen them (thanks for the link!). The only advantage the Valk boots give is the
humongous knee armor, which fits well with the source since Subaru wears rollerblade pads there. I'll have to test it out and see which I like better.
I'm not keen on the OMFGHuge look that the Valk boots -also- give.

Valles: bonus! So, when can I expect to see Tea? *grin*

(Or had you forgotten?)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Well, I have a Crossfire Sabre rolled, but she's basically a placeholder while I wait for Going Rogue and dual pistols for non-MMs, and as a Sabre
she's got the full armor look rather than her proper in-character design.

If you're already really playing Subaru, though, I can scrap that version and come up with something - probably En/Dev blaster, that seems like the closest
fit.

I hadn't forgotten, though. She's one of the reasons I'm so looking forward to the expansion. ^_^
===========

Nope, not playing her yet, just goofing off with costume options. And yeah -- the expansion is necessary for Teana, I think. Smile

Crossfire Sabre, huh? Hmm. I could come up with a Sabre look for Subaru, I think... Save this look for her 'civvie' outfit, so to speak.

I think Mach Sabre is already taken... the placeholder right now is Pvt. Nakajima, but that's literally just a placeholder while I try to figure out
powersets. I've tried dark/invuln, which... doesn't feel quite right. En/en blaster (blapper) also isn't quite there -- too squishy for Subaru,
really, even if the damage output is about right Big Grin.

Ops suggested Energy Melee/Willpower tank. I may well do that... the fact that she *just doesn't stop* is very evocative of the WP mechanic, actually.

Anyway, cool beans, and hopefully they'll hit the streets soon as the expansion does *lol*

--sofaspud
I'd make her a MA/Will scrapper, personally, but Will/EM tank works well, too.

Namewise, I have Mace Sabre, but I haven't heard of a 'Mach'. If it is taken, possibly Zero Sabre (from Type 0 Combat Cyborg, of course) or Buster Sabre?
===========

I was thinking about MA, actually, I really was. The only downside is, mechanics-wise, MA is very much with the kicky, and Subaru is more punchy, from what
I've seen.

Question, V: is Teana starting out redside? Or is the dual pistols thing going to be a blaster set blueside? For pact purposes, I suspect they have to start
out on the same team, as it were, but it's been pointed out by Uni that a brute could fit the bill nicely for Subaru, except for the whole inconvenient
villain thing Smile

I've rerolled her three times already and am not afraid to do more, so anything's possible still. Big Grin

--sofaspud
Canon!Teana is closest to an Illusion/Pistols Dominator, IMHO. I suspect that GR will apply pistols to a number of different ATs, including blasters (though
that may, admittedly, be wishful thinking), in which case Pistol/Device will do well.
===========

Y'know, with Demon summoning, you might be able to do up Cairo (Or Lulu). The idea is quite possible, depending on how they implement the Pets.

...Yet another idea, do up Vivio, taking advantage of the Height change if you wanted to keep with the Manga depiction. A Child costume might raise some red
flags though.

You guys have got almost the entire cast now. I'd almost wish I'd be able to go along with this, but I tend to keep with my own (Semi) original ideas
when I can. No grounds for nerdrage over mischaracterization (not that you guys would...) Plus I don't like to butt in (or at least feel like it). Should
be interesting for those two to meet my Mage, sooner or later. I'll stop going off on this tangent.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Hrm. Signum as a Broadsword scrapper might work....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.