Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Operative Phrases: A Villian Perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just an interesting exercise I went through: essentially finding quotes that break down a villian group's concept into its essence, for the most part.

They'll come at you sideways. It's how they think. It's how they move. Sidle up and smile. Hit you where
you're weak.

(Nemesis)

The truest evil is not achieved by the men who think themselves
the villain. The truest evil is done by the good man who
does what he feels he must, and thus he does it without hesitation.

(Malta Group)

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

(Carnival of Shadows)

Peace through Power!

(Arachnos)

Our methods have not differed as much as you pretend. I am but a shadowy reflection of you. It would take only a nudge to
make you like me. To push you out of the light.

(Praetorians)

Of course, it's not true, but the world only believes what the media tells them to believe... and I tell the media what to believe; it's really
quite simple.

(Crey)

For I do not intend to toil beneath another forever. The seeds of my victory have been carefully sowed, and will one day
bear a full harvest. I cannot say that you will have gained my respect, but I will acknowledge that you fought well. Drink deeply of your success. Bask in the
adulation of your peers. Savor this victory. Know that you have saved your world and this moment from the shadow of history. But you have only saved it for
now. Do not think that you have saved the world for your future. Know that you have saved this world for my coming dominion.

(5th Column/Council)

Mother Earth is here...and she's pissed!

(Devouring Earth)

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a
placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own
direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of
our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

(Rularuu)

As long as there is man, there will be violence.

As long as there is violence, there will be war.

And as long as there is war... we will always have a job.

(Sky Raiders)
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
That's.... pretty profound, I think, Ops.

I like

dark seraph

i reconise some of thies quotes.... and they fit perfectly

Good quotes. I think, though, that Arachnos would be: The answer is of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely
come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved.

Recluse strikes me as a guy who has a hardbound copy of The Prince on his bedside table, well-thumbed and full of annotations. And an electronic copy,
complete with an entirely different set of notations, stored in his personal drive. And another hardbound edition, lovingly cared for, hidden
somewhere where no one would think to look. (All of his true annotations and cross-references and personal thoughts would be kept in the version in his head
that he has memorized.)
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Quote:Recluse strikes me as a guy who has a hardbound copy of The Prince on his bedside table, well-thumbed and full of annotations. And an electronic copy, complete with an entirely different set of notations, stored in his personal drive. And another hardbound edition, lovingly cared for, hidden somewhere where no one would think to look. (All of his true annotations and cross-references and personal thoughts would be kept in the version in his head that he has memorized.)

or.. is that just what he wants you to think?

I'd say, for Nemesis, that "The perfect food is the onion." would be a better statement.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies