Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Virtue is its Own Reward 2.0 Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Fox: Monday - In Ottawa - the Museum of Nature - don't write the news blurb yet... details yet to emerge.

Wire: Oh not on you. The mark is on the moose, or rather considering the source. The ex-moose. It has ceased to be. It is an ex-ungulate.

As to the Villain - conceptual character mastermind (what is in the player's mind being different from the mechanics of the game).
The original intent was to have it be a 'near moose', but I bobbled my English Language check, and it's funnier the way it is.

Consider, one ice tank at terminal velocity vs. one mature Alces Alces..

that moose is definitely pining for the fnords
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Quote: DRAG0NFLIGHT wrote:

Quote: My worry is that it happens rather 'early' compared to where other people have progressed to and will cause confusion (such as with
Drag0nflight's response).

Eh, My bad. Smile I got the dates mixed up. I held on to the snippet though, in case we want to work it out in the future.
I'll be interested to see how that turns out when we do end up using it then.

As a general question though: Given that everyone else seems to be progressing, and my relative location/distance compared to everyone else, is anyone actually
going to respond or should I just write up what happens when I ICly don't get the response that I'm waiting for?
I'm timed out - I progressed myself all the way to Tuesday.

UK -> Alaska is a bit of a hop, too, unless the comms are via Internets...
All true. I didn't actually factor in how far away the other player was. But it raises an interesting point. Is it just like those short-range broadcast
toys with a maximum range of - say - a security guards' walkie-talkie? Those are like small CB broadcasters, with a decent city-wide range. Or are they
part of a phone network?

I'm currently sitting on about very early Wednesday morning. I'm assuming there's been a few news reports on a variety of agencies by this point,
but until I'm sure, and know what to refer to, I can't write the next sequence. Smile
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
Foxy provided some news reports to feed your brain with a page ago in this thread.

I'm of two minds about comm. In-game, we see both short-range ('Broadcast') and long-range ('The Legendary', 'Virtue Badges'), but
so far, in VIIOR, we haven't seen 'comm' used by anyone except Merior.

I _like_ comm, though. I think it's a useful widget, and it could have some VERY interesting (highly secured network not touchable by NSA appears w/out
warning? hoo boy!) implications.
In the news reports, are they interviewing these "supers"? Is it coming out that they got this way from playing an online game?

Well, except for the bank robber, I guess. Oh, btw, can you have a 4 foot "Huge" model character? He'd be built like a brick outhouse if so.
---
Oh yeah, you can. I built Cupid T. Cherub on that plan, way back when wings first came out, on another server.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Pooky Da Imp is, if not 4 feet, at least very short - and a Huge model.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Awesome, Bob. I like your take on the event, I do.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Thanks!
-- Bob
---------
Quote: Wiredgeek wrote:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

d20 out of my 17 toons on Virtue says '6', which is

6) House Kat - catgirl, female, Claws/regen, SS. near throwaway.
Hey Wire, using the option just below the D20, you can make a D17, that way you don't need to worry about rerolling results of 18-20.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Timote - yep. too lazy. ; )

naw, 18-20 is 'go wander around and do something unsafe and/or illegal, then re-roll'
"Practically inevitable"

AHAHAHAHAHAH

*applauds*
Thank you.

Here's a question -- how long is the Virtue server going to stay greyed out? I have a bit of funny I'm planning on, but it requires a) the server to be
up and b) some of the Virtues to actually be playing again.
-- Bob
---------
I give at least a week or two, mainly due to fending off the ravening hordes of folks going "ME, TOO!" The return of Virt, well, some of our blended
personae may be less interested in playing the MMO when they've got powers for real.

Strangely, this will result in a lot more MALE toons being rolled on Virtue... with attendant Marty Sue tendencies. *eyeroll*

Posi-the-dev as Posi-the-hero may find some freak occurence that caused it, but cannot replicate "The Event."

Besides if whatever caused the event were to reoccur, it would likely affect a different MMO. I'd almost hate to imagine what would happen if something
similar hit "Pangya!" (The Golden Potato-type MMO Golf game).

*random blither, etc etc etc.*
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Heh, I'd likely go back to playing City of Heroes at least for yucks from time to time..If i don't spend too much of my time .....wandering lost...
/Hibiki
Okay, then, somewhere around, um, today (14 July), you might see something like:

[The Legendary] Looney Toons: Hi people
[The Legendary] Valles: Bob!
[The Legendary] Terrence Knight: Hey Bob!
[The Legendary] Looney Toons: Um, no, not Bob. Raye here. I thought I'd try playing myself and see what it's like.
-- Bob
---------
[The Legendary] Wiregeek: Good Morning, Bozzzman. I zee you have a new experienze too!

*cackles*
[The Legendary] RevDark: I shall note that an underage cheerleader playing with herself... Let's just say the penguin will not approve.
[The Legendary] Kaeda: So, something we've always wondered, Raye. Is the penguin an actual penguin, or just your boyfriend in a tuxedo, like that Sailor girl?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
this discussion of comm has me thinking here, Fox. can we get an Editorial Statement on the availability and connectivity we 'brought with us'?
"Global Channel" and "Supergroup" requires a bit of "face-to-face" interaction to set up and will likely have Continent-wide
coverage.

"Broadcast" will likely be citywide range. And both sides will have "police scanner" as part of the comms, vills just have to tweak the
Arachnos comms.

I figure our techy types to get them figured out first IRL.

Again, if anyone fires off an Ouroborous portal they will find an abandoned Parallel Ouro, unless someone else has fired it off too. In general, the crystals
will be dark, unless it's plot-relevant.

We probably have a sophisticated voice network with minor additional connectivity depending on character. Hero/Villain chatter will be pretty good reception,
but police scanner will have the "radio interference" problems.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
So Parallel Ouro will basically wind up belonging to the first techy that goes there and sets up shop?

That could be good... or bad... Smile

Edit: I suddenly have this vision of Ghost Dev Widow going to Ouro to set up her version of the Ouro network. Sure she's a "good girl" now, but
she knows there will be people who will abuse the network if they get the chance. And as a Dev character, she's like Level 54+ AV status with bonus dev
powers, which basically would make her a really boffo protector for the timeline.
---
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10