Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Trial Accounts Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

His Lovely Wife

So a friend has expressed an interest in COH. What are trial accounts not / allowed to do? I don't think they're allowed past level 10, if I recall.
They can't send /tells or emails either can they? What else?
Trial Account Restrictions
EDIT: It appears the wiki isn't clear on this - so I should point out that while playing a trial account, there will be a window saying 'trial account - buy full version' that is permanently in your user interface - you can drag this to one corner so it doesn't obstruct your vision, however. It's about the size of the window that comes up when you die, asking whether you want to go to the hospital.
Pay attention to the bit at the bottom of the page regarding the 'Refer a Friend' option. If you generate the code for your friend (rather than using any old code), and they later choose to subscribe...you'll get a month of free time as well.
EDIT 2: Given the restrictions on trial accounts, someone trying the game might not want one. What are the alternatives? Well, the US$20 game card is actually a fully functioning one-month version of the game...I think it works as a retail code as well, so you can just continue subscribing afterwards.
EDIT 3: I mean the card that comes with the 30-day jetpack, as opposed to the regular $15 card that's just game time. The jetpack-and-30 days card goes for $20, and is effectively a retail version of the game. Just without a CD.
There's also an older (and now very rare) type of trial called a 'Buddy Code'. These are a severely limited resource because NCsoft no longer generates new ones, and I don't think many were given out to begin with. But those codes are not affected by the current anti-spammer trial restrictions.
-- Acyl