Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [Paragon Times Article] - Reality Show Explores Hero License
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PARAGON CITY, RI - (AP) In a startling move, the American Hero Network (AHN) has created a new reality show that gives a celebrity a hero license and follows her daily efforts.
Hotel heiress London Sheraton has registered with Paragon City Hall as a heroine after undertaking an intensive hypnosis seminar, and has been assigned to Paragon Special Investigations, a police-sanctioned "super group." Sheraton, 18, is perhaps best known to readers as a stand-in on "The Amish Life" for her peer, Rome Hyatt, during a lengthy absence while allegedly kidnapped by the fascist group, The Council. Generally condemned as a person "Famous only for being famous," ...

HE-AT crumpled the newspaper and sighed. "Resigned Statement: Were I biological, I would have an enormous headache."

Just announcing my new concept toon. London Sheraton is essentially designed to only ever earn Influence. That is, as soon as I got out of chargen, I turned off XP. My idea is to earn as many of the badges that do not rely on the character being a specific level as possible. However, she is also supposed to  be an annoyingly USELESS team member.
As such, she's a Mind/Sonic troller whose only powers are MEsmerize [a sleep] and the Automatic Sonic debuff. Both representing her grating, boring voice.
Hopefully she can get some interesting "rp" moments...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Fox, i almost want to hurt you for the gratutious pain you are giving to someone who plays that powerset, and LOVES it. Almost.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Quote:I turned off XP
Huh? You can do that? Is that something new to I16?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
The "turning off XP" thing is at least as old as ish _15_ used to be used by farmers who would freeze at 46 to Bridge.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
The cameras and their focus had left the cramped confines of the PSI briefing room, though the shrill nasal whine could still be heard echoing through the
cramped quarters of the department's offices. Sitting around the conference table PSI's ranking officers stared at the door in a sort of horrified
bemusement. Then Leon turned in his seat. "Boss-bot? You haven't moved since you finished your introduction. You blow a fuse or something?"

The immobile metal and ceramic face turned to look at him, glittering optical pickups staring deep into his eyes. "Statement: Do not be ridiculous
Detective McNichol. I do not have fuses." HE-AT's head rotated back to the door. "Clarification: I have circuit breakers. They are easier to
reset," she said.

With calm, mechanical precision she gathered up the papers in front of her. "Observation: It is not all bad. We were able to get some funds for
refurbishing the offices if nothing else".

Leon and Daley exchanged a look across the table. After a few moments of subtle non-verbal communication Daley accepted his fate and spoke up. "So,
who's she going to be working with?" he asked.

"Analysis: We will likely have to re-assign some personal and shift established partnerships." HE-AT pondered the question, running through various
simulations. She waited until the correct time and then spoke again. "Decision: Detective McNichol, I think it would be best if you had a new
partner."

Leon had, unfortunately been taking a drink from his coffee, and was reduced to a coughing fit as it went down the wrong pipe. HE-AT continued speaking after
an appropriate pause. "Attention: MACH II," she swiveled to face the hulking medibot. "Orders: You are being reassigned. You will be
partnered with our newest," and here her voder stuttered, "member. You will ensure that she does not compromise any investigations and that she
survives. Query: Are your priorities clear?"

The lens of the cyclopean camera that served MACH II as a face rotated in place several times, zooming in for a closer look

at its commander. "THIS UNIT SHALL FULFILL ALL OF ITS DIRECTIVES COMMANDER. THIS UNIT ALSO REQUESTS ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES AS ITS SIMULATIONS INDICATE A
HIGH PROBABILITY OF ITS PARTNER SUFFERING A SPRAINED OR DISLOCATED JAW."

"Statement: Medical supply requisition forms will be submitted promptly after vetting," HE-AT said.

She stood, picking up her paper work and making her way towards her 'office'. Assigning her most medically competent officer to their newest recruit
was justifiable and she computed a 93% likelihood that her superiors would agree. Unfortunately she also computed an 88% likelihood that other officers would
have to work with Ms. Sheraton if only to keep MACH II's personality from out shining the show's star's.

She almost felt sorry for the Crey operative who would be reviewing MACH's logs, and decided to schedule a code review of her core systems for safety's
sake.

--

Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
-- D.E. Knuth

dark seraph

*mimics Leon reaction* pppppppffffft *cleans coffee of the screen* well..... on the up side, P.S.I. might get some more presteig

Hehehe. Big Grin

I'm still trying to lock-in her personality, to keep her distinct from Rowan, so she's probably going to have a lot of references to "Daddy" and a ton of mondegreens and malapropisms.

Where I've made the distinction for Rowan of the Snows being vapid, not stupid... London is BOTH.

-- James Nicoll