Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Market Troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone besides me having troubles with the market today around 3pm US Eastern? Specifically, I was trying to collect my influance from a Black Market sale
redside and it just.... hung. Completely and totally. Eventually had to three finger salute it...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Not I, but I've been meaning to ask, if it's not too intrusive: Star, what sort of hardware are you running on?

CoX is _rough_ on hardware, and the Market perhaps more so than most of the rest of the game, oddly enough. I know when I was running at just below minimum
requirements visiting Wentworth's was an exercise in frustration most of the time, because it would crash on me routinely.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Old, but cant really afford to replace it. Started life as a Dell 2350, replaced most everything but the board and the chip along the way.

1.8g P4

PCI 256m video (still an improvement over the mem sucking on board video)

SB Audiaulogy

512m ram and I forget how much hd space, but I still ahve quite a bit free

So, from what your saying I probobly should avoid both the BM and WW at least till I can double up my system memory... Accordign to what I looked up that
motherboard is only rated to 1g anyway.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Ah, that'd be it, yep. The memory is almost certainly the problem. CoX runs best at 2GB or more, honestly; I used to run at 768MB and that was when I was
constantly having issues.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs