Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Wiregeek Treasury Fund: Monetary Assistance for Newbies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Wiregeek's retirement from City of Heroes, he left me with a large batch of influence and another batch of enhancements. I'll have a full
inventory at some point of the latter.

However, the money part is easy. Approximately 100 million influence and some change was handed over to me. In part because he helped me out when I was
getting started (as he did with a lot of us, I suspect), and in part because I think it'll be amusing, and in part because it makes things easier for all
concerned and shares the wealth with our various groups, I've decided to establish the WTF: MAN program.

Under the WTF: MAN banner, any new character you create is welcome to request a starter bonus that'll keep you comfortably in DO's and your first
couple rounds of SO's until they're high enough level to really start raking it in on their own. I'm establishing an upper level cap of 12, but
that's mostly picked from thin air. Feel free to discuss/debate it here.

I'm also open to hearing debate about low-level characters in general and not just "new" ones, if the general consensus is such that that would
be better.

As for the amount, I'm thinking 4 million sounds about right. That will let us get 25 characters off to a running start just with the funds currently
available. Again, discussion welcome.

If you would like to contribute to the WTF: MAN program, I'll cheerfully accept donations in any amount and of any type -- salvage, enhancements and
recipes, you name it. Any non-inf donations will be converted via Wentworths into inf and I'll keep the current balance updated semi-regularly here on the
boards.

Unfortunately, WTF: MAN is Virtue blueside only, by dint of sheer necessity. I'd be happy to open a redside branch office, possibly under the banner
Larder Of Lawlessness: MAN, but I'm open to suggestions and that would require a sizable donation from someone, plus of course the desire for it to happen.
Again, discussion welcome.

(No, I'm not joking about the intent, at least, and if you have better/funnier suggestions for names by all means suggest them. Big Grin )

To request a handout donation from WTF: MAN, either post here (or in a thread with the banner acronym so I
see it), or send me a /tell in game. My global is @Sofaspud, but I'm sure most of you already know that.

Long live WTF: MAN!

Edit:

* Funded one new character, remaining balance 96m

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I am heartily in favor of this amusingly-acronymed program, and without much thought on my part agree that 4 million sounds about right.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
If there is "the desire for it to happen" red side, I've got the "sizable donation."
aww man... all mine are too high now. Still, its a good idea.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Setsuna-chan is level 6 or so, and badly needs some cash. Where do I sign?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I can arrange to be online tonight, though I'm Pacific so it might be late by your clock. I'm available at or after 6pm, 9pm Eastern. Let me know
here what time you'll be on with her and we can meet in-game.

(Setsuna-chan is Virtue, blueside, I assume. We haven't started up LOL: MAN yet, though Vyper has graciously offered to start the fund.)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Can you be on tomorrow or Friday night, Spud? I fell asleep almost as soon as I got home last night, and I've got stuff going on tonight...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Friday would work better for me -- my son is testing for his belt in aikido tomorrow night, so I probably won't be on until very late, if at all. But
Friday shouldn't be a problem at all.

--sofaspud
Friday night it is, then; I'll look for you nineish ET.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Did I get my timezones mixed up? Been on since about 20 after 6, Pacific; that should've been 9:20 Eastern... didn't see ya.

--sofaspud
Ehy Spuds? When's the next time you'll be on? Garavornette could use a cash infusion...

NO QUARTER!!!
Hey Star.

With the recent changes to CoX, this is actually much easier.  I'll send it in in-game email, just make sure you pick it up with the right alt. Smile

--sofaspud
NP. Figured as much. Wink

NO QUARTER!!!