Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: "And do forgive this awful curse, the Fates decree I write in verse."
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, as noted elsewhere, the Omega Team Time Capsule was opened. A lot of interesting lore, but the most interesting one to me is the letter from Branforth the
Seer, which seems to be a variety of riddles. One wonders what they mean....

Quote: I often dream of things unbidden, secrets reveal'd and secrets hidden, Future, past, or not to be, I cannot say with certainty, But in case I won't
return, these visions from my letter learn, And so before Omega leaves... I here entrust you with these dreams.
The opening and fairly obvious, one figures.

Quote: The glor'ous monarch will defend, his homeland to the bitter end, An army built to soothe all doubts, but ripples show in upstart bouts, Make you choice:
red blue or gray, choose who to spurn and who obey, You'd like to think there's no price dear, but the real world is not so clear.
This one's also pretty obvious, seemingly. Referencing Going Rogue and Praetoria, Tyrant seems to be the "glor'ous monarch", and
an "army built to soothe all doubts" seems to reference the story writers' comments on "what would you do for peace of mind" in the
utopia/dystopia distinction in Praetoria. And, of course, references to side switching.

Quote: I saw a mirror torn apart, thousand-spiraling work of art, Behind a veil was once a fool, now its creation is its tool, Suffered from a mighty fall, seeks
again to consume all, To face it our heroes prep, to win just watch that first step.
My bet here is that this refers to Rularuu. "A mirror torn apart, thousand-spiraling work of art" is descriptive of the Shard, and
"behind the veil was once a fool, now its creation is its tool" suggests how Rularuu's power has, if anything, grown inside the Shard despite it
being a prison he was tricked into. Similarly, 'seeks again to consume all' seems to refer to Rularuu's canonical habit of devouring worlds.

Quote: A peaceful race comes from afar, a living message in a jar, Find they cannot grow any more, into new flesh they are reborn, Silence breaks by the gods
thunder, coexistence cast asunder, Now just one culture slow to change, not evil pure but surely strange.
This seems to refer to the Kheldians, though "just one culture, slow to change" seems odd given the divisions between PBs, Warshades,
and Nictus...

Quote: Bloated life which has not a peer, gobbles all that mankind holds dear, The hive will grow to rise and fall, all will battle the monster tall, Across the
way a mirror flow'r, has no such foes slow its devour, Not placated with scraps to eat, it's rage shall spark leader's retreat.
Presumably the Hamidon, referencing both the Giant Monsters in the Hive as well as the fact that the Hamidon and Devouring Earth in Praetoria are
much, much bigger threats due to rising to prominence much earlier than in Primal Earth.

Quote: A thousand men with javelin, fight to compound their master's sin, Darkly corrupt by twilight gaze, a secret deal to end our days. Hero, villain, that
time forgot, what do they know that we do not? Side-by-side both sides excel, fighting for time-warped parallel.
Cimerora, seemingly, with "thousand men with javelin" referring to the Cimeroran Traitors. "Darkly corrupt by twilight gaze"
suggesting Nictus Romulus, and "a secret deal to end our days" being their alliance with the 5th Column. "Side by side, both sides excel,
fighting for time warped parallel", of course, refers to Imperious' Cimeroran!Statesman status and the co-op nature of the zone.

Quote: Time's river's course is left to run, till shattered by the million suns, Eternal gear comes back to warn, all must beware the coming storm, From
ice and flame and tests of will, forgotten deeds one can fulfill, Has he made strong by accident, those whose acts will despair prevent?
Oroborus, with the "Eternal Gear" suggesting teasing niblets about Silos' identity, possibly teasing at the Nemesis connection?
Ironically, suggests that Silos is unintentionally providing a means by which we can prevent the Coming Storm by his existence, despite his own agenda.

Quote: No purse to snatch or kid to nab, is fashioned by a novel lab, But legends writ and lore create, as cohorts play and strangers rate, Easy to praise; the
virtues plain, of fighting just to entertain, Endless time spent in sirens dens, yet who will save real citizens?
A tongue in cheek reference to Architect.

Quote: The iron turns into crystal, their doomsday shall be missed til, When a pair of fives arrives, power flows and power drives, The spinning rod lives again,
then destroyed in evil's den, Mere prelude to what bright hell, comes from drinking of the well.
Rather ambiguous. A "pair of fives" could refer to the 5th Column's return, but "the spinning rod lives again, then destroyed
in evil's den" is complete gibberish to me. Most ominous is "mere prelude to what bright hell, comes from drinking of the well", probably
referencing the Well of the Furies...and consequences related to it.

Quote: Man kills brother; sets into motion, a hundred lifetimes of commotion, Meticulous manipulation, attempts to take this very nation, Within mirrors glow he
finds a pawn, his trick forces them to take us on, We shall fall for his games no longer, that which challenges makes us stronger.
Nemesis. "A hundred lifetimes of commotion" refers to his longevity, "meticulous manipulation" his Nemesis Plots,
"attempts to take this very nation" his brief reign as Emperor of America. "Within mirror's glow, he finds a pawn, his trick forces them to
take us on" refers to the Rikti War, and the latter is seemingly obvious, as well as a jab at the whole "Praetoria's not a Nemesis Plot"
comments from the devs.

Quote: The web is formed in careful craft, since fatal rescue on a raft, Wraith- beast- hulk- thief- prepare for war, the mastermind will hide no more, Let loose
the tide of villain mix, heroes will gain their own new tricks, And in the end; a world fini, unless the one stops destiny.
City of Villains and its introduction and mass establishment of Arachnos and the Patrons. "Fatal rescue on a raft" seems unknown to me,
but everything else seems to indicate redside and the Project: DESTINY plotline.

Quote: Create new thing which heals or harms, accelerate the race of arms, A million more to buy and trade, the inventors must all be paid, A flood of brains rain
in the town, but evil lurks to bring all down, The helmed one strikes with draining web, the war comes to a crucial head.
Reference to Inventions, as well as Brainstorm Salvage stuff. However, the last line seems far more serious. Too many "helmed ones" to
pin down just one...

Quote: You may have seen all that I say, or await it another day, Of many things I have not dreamt, events the gods have not yet sent, And do forgive this awful
curse, the fates decree I write in verse, Wish I were there to interpret, but battle calls and must be met.
Coda and exit verse.

So, thoughts?
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
"Fatal rescue on a raft" could refer to Stefan Richter's failure to drown off the Isle of the Furies, though that might be pushing it.

--Sam

"Well that guy's nekkid."