Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: First notes on Dual Pistols
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Power list:
Pistols - Standard basic attack
Dual Wield - Standard alternate basic attack (slower recharge, higher damage) - animation has your toon wheel around and fire gangsta-style.
Empty Clips - Standard cone.
Swap Ammo - Damage type enhancement. Cycles between standard, cold, fire, and toxic damage (fluffed as regular, cryonic, incendiary, and chemical bullets)
Bullet Rain - AOE of some sort
Suppressive Fire - stuns an opponent
Executioner's Shot - high-damage, shot range
Piercing Rounds - Very narrow cone, high damage
Hail of Bullets - attack everything around you
Several choices were available for pistol types in Power Customization, including semi-auto, revolver, revolver w/ laser sight, magnum revolver, flintlock, match-target pistol.
ETA: Making a Brawl attack while wielding pistols results in a pistol-whip.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Technically, I don't know if this is a totally legitimate post, but I'm not going to go complaining.

Now if only I could get my net connection working again, and I'd check them out. (*nudge nudge, say no more!*)
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
I so want to be checking this out, but the COHUpdater is not caring to be fast about installing (no, I've never run on the test server before now).
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Just copy your normal CoH to the new folder Bob, it'll update normally from there as opposed to reinstalling the game.
Thanks, I'll try that right now.
-- Bob
---------
Pushed up to 4th today. 'Empty Clips' takes its animation cues from the Ignatine Gun Kata. I am pleased.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Is this testing available to all? Or is this a closed beta?
Closed beta now, open beta to come soon.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Between the snow and the shoveling and the sleeping late this morning, I haven't had a chance to even get Mana out of the tutorial. Grrr.

And I'm curious -- does the test server have accelerated advancement so upper level stuff can be tested in a reasonable amount of time? If not, how is that handled?
-- Bob
---------
There will be a level bump. When and to how much is anyone's guess. I think it was to 35 last time I was on test to benefit (i11 open).

Basically one day you'll log in have a lotta xp over your level. No super-fast XP-gain, just a big one-time-grant.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

Cool. Since Peggy has a delayed opening tomorrow I stayed up to run Mana for about an hour. Did a sewer team with her and got her up to L7. So far I'm liking what I see. I'm particularly fond of the "bullet wake" animation on the shots.

More to come as I play more and when I'm not tired.
-- Bob
---------

Baseload

Hmmm, really gotta try getting onto test.

But, so i'm fully understanding the process to quickly facilitate the install

1. Copy the entire CoH folder (Renaming it whatever)

2. Make a shortcut to the updater adding -test to the end of the description under properties.

3. direct the updater to that folder when it asks

Is this the right process? Do i need to name the folder something specific?
PWiki's advice on speeding it up is to run the -test updater, before you copy anything (And point it to where ever you want test) and then exit the laucher *after* it starts downloading. Once outta there, copy (only) the piggs folder from Live to Test and rerun the test launcher.

Seems this way it gets everything in the registry/checksum all set for test, but since the piggs are the majority of the client it'll read those, see that you have everything and start updating them rather than pulling new copies down.
I should note, however, this is a closed beta test, and technically everything said here is contrary to the NDA. Check your email (the one NC has registered) and if you see a message from them saying you can get in, you're fine.
---

Baseload

Well, I've not yet seen an email, but I am on the DP forums for playtesting. Not sure why I'd be on that and not the playtest. But if others have gotten that access and not the email let me know. Maybe I'm not yet suppose to be on there.
Base, go ahead and see if you can log in to the Test server, then. It won't quibble until you actually try to enter the Training Room server...

Oh, and there's a cute touch: At the end of some attacks, the animation has you give the pistols a twirl. At least, I think that's what it is, it goes by really quick.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Since we seem to snub our noses at secrets... Test's Global Chat got reset, so all yous out there join up on Test Legendary channel for communication not quite so infringing.
---

Apparently, I've gotten into the beta, as the CoH official forums has a "Dual Pistols Closed Beta" subforum that's got invisible permissions unless you're cleared for it.

...unfortunately, Test seems to be having a massive hissy fit with whether or not it wants to work, so I'm waiting for them to replace the hamsters and vacuum tubes before I can try DP awesomeness.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Baseload

Same here. I got it installed, but i may need this patch that came out monday as I get to the sever but cannot log in due to some registry issue. I saw something regarding a monday patch and perhaps I don't have it yet.
Anyone else having trouble even getting a connection to the test server this morning? I just got back from having some regular service on the car and wanted to putz about in the beta before lunch, but I can't even get as far as the updater's first informational screen. The live servers are having no problems, so it must be something specific to the test.
-- Bob
---------
You just the the "Connecting #X" I suppose? That's been happening alot. Just wait. And wait. And Wait. And go out for a walk. And wait.

It only takes about a minute at its longest I've seen, but I've heard horror stories.
---

Baseload

There have been means posted on the test forums to bypass this as it seems connection through the uploader is flawed. To bypass it, change the -test added to the shortcut to ' -project cohtest' (With the spaces but without the ' ')

I did that and it bypassed the loader to connect, but I still have registry issues. Looking into that soon hopefully
You actually want to shortcut to the CityOfHeroes.exe for that and *not* the CohUpdater.
---

Baseload

here ya go folks, Manual Patching and Uploader Bypassing

http://boards.cityofheroe...017&posted=1#post2613017
I can't argue with the folks having problems, but I'll note that the instructions on the wiki (which are the same as recommended by the developers on the forums) worked perfectly for me.  You just have to wait for it to connect, which can admittedly be a bit of a wait.
*blamblam*

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
My hate of all of you that have access to the test server at this time burns hotter than 1000 suns.

HAAAAAATE.....
(EDIT: I actually have the Test Server Client. But they won't LET ME IN!  WAAAHHH!!!)
Pages: 1 2