Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Costuming question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: slpstd.jpg]
See that guys shirt? I'd like to have a shirt like that for my namesake...  Is it availble normally, or only for npcs, or is it a vet reward or something?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
As far as I know, it's only available for NPCs.  Which really sucks.
That said, you might be able to find a sufficiently garish pattern to apply to a regular shirt that'll come close... but we're limited to two colors, so, it'll never be quite the same. Sad

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
No, its not the same. Iv'e tried. Nothing even comes close, which is why I thought I'd ask around.

NO QUARTER!!!
Don't hold me to it, but there MIGHT be a way to do a client-side mod that would apply the print as a replacement for one of the other patterns. But it would only work on YOUR machine. No one else would see it. You'd really have to hunt in the .PIGG files for that pattern. Then apply some creative cut-paste file replacement. I've done that sort of thing once before, but ONLY because I'd seen the results on another character posted. And even then it was only the replacement of a color pattern, not an actual texture. (I replaced the "blast" pattern with the one that the COT Succubi use.) The problem here is that I think this might not be just a pattern, but a burned in texture on a shirt that has no counterpart in the player costume creator.
It's one of those things where it's possible. But would probably require more work than it's really worth. Unless you really REALLY want something bad.
Just want to re-iterate - a client-side mod like that would only be seen ON YOUR OWN MACHINE. No one else sees it. They just see the original texture. Unless you've sent them the replacement files and they apply it on their own machine.
Client-side mods can be fun and amusing. Replace "Celtic 2" emblem with the Superman shield. Likewise for "Badge" to Batman symbol. Stuff like that just to play with costumes and get screenshots. Other fun things can be done. (and before you ask, yes, this is how certain "Nude Mods" are done as well.)
Oh - and the new files don't alter the code of the game. They just reside in the data folder and override the specific files. Modding might "technically" be frowned on, but it doesn't violate the EULA. I don't think it does. Haven't checked in awhile. In any case, it's so low priority the Devs would be unlikely to care in any case.
Logan Darklighter Wrote: But it would only work on YOUR machine. No one else would see
which, though it might be nice, would sorta be pointless as i'd want to be blinding everyone ELSE's optic nerve (its a holdover from version of Micheal Thunders from Tales of the Wanderer)
And as you said, such a low priority that prolly even asking the dev's if we COULD have it in the char gen, it'd never happen unless someone was burned out on the big stuff

NO QUARTER!!!
Actually, if we were to come up with a list of new costume options we'd like to see, it wouldn't be such a small request. Because for a while I've been meaning to find out where to request such things, as I'd truly love to have long johns and doctor dentons as part of the "tight" body elements, a knotted towel or flour sack in the capes, untied boots with the tongues hanging out among the footwear, and a tin cookpot in helmets.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
... Johnny B. Goode as a superhero, Bob?

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Actually, I was thinking of a character from an old newspaper comic strip, whose name I cannot recall right now. Oh, and the Red Tornado from Marvel Comics.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Marvel, bah.

Make way for Stupendous Man!
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
I still want the Pirate Coat for female toons, dammit.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
ECSNorway Wrote:I still want the Pirate Coat for female toons, dammit.
You and me both, man.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Anything that makes rolling up Agatha Heterodyne easier, right boys?
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies