Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: CoH : 2 MORE Powersets in Going Rogue, I19: Incarnates!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This info's mainly from Newsarama live coverage of the Penny Arcade Expo. I've also included details I picked up on the official CoH forums.

The PAX panel has a lot of info about Going Rogue - stuff about the new zones and new enemy groups. But that's just building on what we already know, yeah? But THIS is the NEW stuff. TWO more powersets for Going Rogue, on top of Dual Pistols and Demon Summoning.

KINETIC MELEE: For all melee ATs (Stalkers, Brutes, Scrappers, Tanks). According to threads on the CoH forums, the video they showed at the panel is of a sorta superpowered over-the-top martial arts set - kind of a 'chi' feel to it. Lots of arm movements, summoning balls of force, energy attacks...think Ryu or Ken from Street Fighter.

ELECTRIC CONTROL: For Controllers and Dominators. Pretty much what it says on the tin. We'd already had rumours of this, because Castle confirmed a couple weeks back that one of their programmers created this as a training exercise, but it's been sitting in spreadsheets for a while. He was very noncommital when asked if it'd ever be finished...then. Castle, you tease.

I17 GOATEE CLONES: Issue 17 will introduce evil NPC duplicates of our characters, with missions hung around them. The speculation that Issue 17 would indeed be CoH's answer to the Champions Online Nemesis System are TRUE. Apparently we will get some control over the appearance of our evil (or good, I suppose) counterparts - palette swaps were mentioned.

ISSUE 19 ANNOUNCED - INCARNATES: Issue 18 will be the Going Rogue launch, but Issue 19 has been confirmed as 'Incarnates'. Incarnates will apparently NOT be a separate AT, but rather more power for our existing characters. The Incarnate System will consist of 10 'Incarnate Levels'; the first will be unlocked available in Going Rogue, though the other nine will wait until Issue 19. Characters will unlock special new 'Incarnate Abilities'. It's not clear at this time whether this means a rise in the 1-50 level cap, or whether an Incarnate will still count as 50 - just a 50 with extra stuff. My guess is the latter rather than the former; you're a 50 with extra oomph. That seems to be how it's characterised.
(Hey Terrence, you have more levelling to do!)
Issue 19 will also have New Rewards, New Zone Events, and the "End Game system" (Requires Going Rogue to play)
Sounds awesome to me. =D

-- Acyl
I...I,..I... *Faints of Joygasmness* Omg squee Xinfinity +1 Incarnates!!! also I'll be doing more leveling than you think *grin* There will be another Terr... KIN MEELE style! *froths* You have no idea how long i've been waiting for that kind of meele set! *drools*
Oh yeah Acyl you forgot to add in one thing our 'fender' players will most likely really appriciate after reading the live coverage.
"Issue 17 will change Defenders inherent system to make them solo better"

CrimsonKMR

Acyl Wrote:ISSUE 19 ANNOUNCED - INCARNATES: Issue 18 will be the Going Rogue launch, but Issue 19 has been confirmed as 'Incarnates'. Incarnates will apparently NOT be a separate AT, but rather more power for our existing characters. The Incarnate System will consist of 10 'Incarnate Levels'; the first will be unlocked available in Going Rogue, though the other nine will wait until Issue 19. Characters will unlock special new 'Incarnate Abilities'. It's not clear at this time whether this means a rise in the 1-50 level cap, or whether an Incarnate will still count as 50 - just a 50 with extra stuff. My guess is the latter rather than the former; you're a 50 with extra oomph. That seems to be how it's characterised.
This may get me to come back... need more for Flame to do...
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
Terrenceknight Wrote:Oh yeah Acyl you forgot to add in one thing our 'fender' players will most likely really appriciate after reading the live coverage.
"Issue 17 will change Defenders inherent system to make them solo better"
I was hitting the highlights rather than aiming to provide comprehensive coverage; hence the provided link to the Newsarama page, but yeah, I should probably have highlighted that. It's good that you did so.
Although personally speaking, I've never felt shortchanged on my Defenders. This is speaking as someone who has two 50 defenders that are pretty damn good solo'ers; after all, the Kheldians don't have an inherent that works on a team either.
Granted, I'm biased. Because I was playing CoH long before inherent mechanics were codified, so...
-- Acyl

Baseload

*reads post*

I'm gonna be in my bunk.....
From Acyl's link above:
[table]
Quote:there are other new
powersets "on the whiteboard" that will make it into future expansions,
including staff use
[/tr][/table]*faints*

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I'm sorry, what were you saying? I couldn't hear you over the sounds of the marketing group playing the userbase like a Stradivarius violin. :lol:

War Witch said Dark Mirror wasn't the Nemesis system. It's not. It's the ANSWER TO the Nemesis system. :lol
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
OpMegs linked me to this just now. Apparently someone videotaped the presentation and posted it on YouTube - a very clear video of Kinetic Melee in there. He or she didn't tape the Q&A session though, or hasn't uploaded it yet.
But hey, Kinetic Melee!
It's very Tai Chi with energy blasts-ish.
-- Acyl
Quote:Nogi: Ara? This one gets to play with the Well of the Furies? Omoshiroi de gozaimasu ne? Perhaps this one's Author will hesitate to bring this one's Praetorian alternate to life to help this one acquire the power? *sultry* Ne, Fox-kun?

*Loosens collar* Ah-heh.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

dark seraph

hmmm, incarnates.... nah, not intrested, mainly cuz i can't really see any of my toons geting god like powers (DS would avoid it, Gir would be kept away.... maybe Sera, but she was a god at one point). what i'm more curiouse about, is if we will get more toon slots to unclock? i wouldn't mine a few extra

Yus. More slots can haz U. Per Castle in the CoH Fora
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
Well I'm sure people know I will be all over the Incarnate idea like white on white rice on a white paper plate in the middle of a snowstorm. Terr-Incarnate of Rage (Or radiation? :p Thanks Lisa and Rhea lol)

dark seraph

Foxboy Wrote:Yus. More slots can haz U. Per Castle in the CoH Fora
okay, thats what i want... i only got 4 left spare and one slot left to buy >.>
...... can't belive i actuly came up with that many toons

Link to the post please?
Well, we'll see how this gets responded to, won't we?
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Matrix Dragon Wrote:
Link to the post please?
Darn it, I KNOW I saw it from a redname... or part of the "Going Rogue" promo blurb. I'm sorry, got distracted by a toothache so my computer shut down to save power and as my Firefox only had one tab open at the time...

-- James Nicoll
Quote:Apparently someone videotaped the presentation and posted it on YouTube
SQUEEEEEE! CLOWN SUMMONING! DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITI... What?

Well, crap.

Meanwhile, Ops?

IHNJ, IJLS "the glories of moral vagrancy or lack thereof. "
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.