Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Musical Mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those of you who have used City of Heroes Splasher in order to modify the opening theme and some key music bits (mainly the Pocket D "Canned" music) I have some thoughts -
One - I figured out what happened to break the music mods in Pocket D.
See - the Sound OGG files that Splasher used in the data folder to override the music in Pocket D were keyed to the old setup. Which had the music running from the same PIGG file as the sound effects. That's why you could never turn down the music in the "D" previously by using the regular music slider in the options. You had to get rid of ALL the sound effects.
Well they've changed that. The music now is separated from the sound effects properly. The old broken way that Splasher was keyed to no longer works. Those files no longer are used or they are keyed differently. That's why you can't replace the music properly. If you could figure out which specific OGG files are actually playing the music now and mod those instead - well, um... That's what we used splasher for, now, isn't it? So until such time as the owner of the program figures this out and modifies it, we're kind of stuck.  Unless someone very patient and very creative can make a workaround.
On the positive side, since we CAN turn down the music of the club independently, we can do so and just listen to The Cape Radio or something else on Winamp without losing the ability to hear other things.
Fortunately the rest of the sound mods seem to work just fine.
Number two - Having "Driving with the Top Down" as the opening log in for my Blue Siders just ROCKS. Just sayin... ^_^
Well, I don't have a pigg-diving app handy, but all Splasher does is drop an OGG file, appropriately named, in the right location.  It doesn't need to modify any existing files at all to do this.  This is true of all resource files -- images, SFX, whatever.
So, all you -really- need is for someone to identify the internal filename used by the Pocket D music, then drop an OGG with that same name in the folder.  External files override the internal ones automatically.
What I'm saying is, you don't need a utility and you don't need to 'mod' a file.  You just need to drop a file in the right spot.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Yes. But using splasher makes it easier and convenient.
Ok. I'm an idiot - I thought this would be difficult. HA! Shows what I know!
So...
HA! I'm a genius! I fixed the Pocket D music thing.
The Sound Oggs aren't changed at all! They only changed the file structure! 
Go into your Data file, the file structure should be like this -
Data
     Sound
          Ogg
               Rave
and just add a new folder called "Music_Source" (without the quotes) inside of the "Ogg" folder and then dump the folder called "Rave" into it. So that it looks like this -
Data

Sound

Ogg
               Music_Source

Rave

Your custom music for Pocket D will now work!
(And now that I'm all confident and smug like Jeremy Clarkson, I'll go and posit that white is black and black is white and get run over at the next Zebra crossing.)

dark seraph

thanks for the Tip. *Runs him down at the next Zebra crossing* Tongue