Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Okay, now this one's weird.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, everything was running just fine yesterday. But I tried to log in this morning, and the whole client is in slow motion.

I don't just mean in-game. After entering my password and hitting the button to log in, the animation takes a few seconds. Switching between pages in character select takes a few seconds. The loading screen for logging in takes the same amount of time as usual, but then it takes a long time for the loading screen to fade out. And everything in game is slow enough to be unplayable.

Any idea what could be causing this?

-Morgan.
No clue... May be something to do with Ultra-mode?
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Don't know why that'd affect things before I even logged in. (Also, the same thing happened when I tried safe mode.)

-Morgan.
Yesterday was Patch Tuesday for Windows.  Did your system update?  I noted last night (after updating) that I was having lots of problems with my network connectivity (and general slowness), which *appears* to have vanished after a reboot this morning.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Hmmm. It seems to have gone away after rebooting. Weird, don't think I've ever needed to reboot after a CoH update before...

-Morgan.
not so much a CoX update, but it might have been a windows update that you needed to reboot over...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children