Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Cyberman 8: Interesting connections (Plot idea)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Atlantea: Holy crap... Just thought of something.
Atlantea: I'm doing the "Revenent Hero" project Arc.
MicroShade: Hmmm?
DarkSeraphim: yes?
Atlantea: Mostly the Crey Revenant Hero arc deals with biologicals and cloning. But a key element is this:
Atlantea: ."Late in the document you come across the fact that the original Revenant Heroes had little or no control over their powers because their minds had not developed."
Atlantea: ." Technology to fix that defect was 'secured' by Dr. Paul Summerfeld, who based his research off of the deceased Dr. Friedken's mind uploading work."
Atlantea: Thing is - Dr. Friedkin uploaded her mind to the Net, becoming "The Doctor". And what, pray tell, is Cyberman 8? A guy who had his mind "uploaded" into an android. AND -
Atlantea: ." The Revenant Hero Project is currently on it's 9th generation of the technology, being field-tested by Crey as the Paragon Protectors."
Atlantea: The 9th Generation of tech. Cyberman 8 was so named because of the original subjects back in the 60s. He was the 8th attempt. And the first successful one.
Atlantea: That's been part of his background all along.
MicroShade: Well.... I'm currently delivering canisters of Outbreak. The key point to this is that I get to claw up longbow inflicting great amounts of pain in the process. Smile
DarkSeraphim: so.... C8 was a a Crey off shoot?
Atlantea: More like the other way around.
DarkSeraphim: wait, that couldn't work, the PP haven't been round that long
DarkSeraphim: wait.... crey stole the tech that made him?
MicroShade: Crey stole the idea from C8?
Atlantea: Dr. Friedkin based her upload tech on that of Dr. Tani - the guy who made him.
DarkSeraphim: .... that would make a good snipet.
Atlantea: They stole it from Dr. Friedkin.
Atlantea: See the connection?
MicroShade: Write it! Write it! WRITE IT!!!!
DarkSeraphim: hee hee.
Atlantea: I'm definitely thinking about it. Does it make sense?
DarkSeraphim: luckily that tech is not as messed as what dib uses.
MicroShade: *starts cant*MicroShade: makes definite sense.
DarkSeraphim: but Dib uses something similar to the A.I. tech from the halo-verse
DarkSeraphim: and that has the unfortunate side effect of.... killing the subject as it uploads. Tongue
Atlantea: Mind - they went a different direction with it. They "upload" into clones, where Dr. Tani uploaded to a positronic brain and Dr. Friedkin uploaded directly to the global network.
MicroShade: makes more sense then the brainwave I had the other day.
Atlantea: So yeah. *Makes notes*

dark seraph

re reading this *when not half asleep* and yeah, it's a great idea, we know Crey is not above stealing any tech they can lay their hands on if it can benifet them some how.