Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Todays patch...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
apparently restored the Braided Buns hairstyle from the MA pack that has been missing for a bit according to the patch notes I've been reading while waiting for the update to install.  And they've turned down the resistance on the green eggs of Hami in LGTF from some obsenely high number (over 50-ish iirc) to 10.
I know someone mentioned being at least slightly miffed about that, so I thought I'd mention it.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Ah good thing I checked to see if anyone had posted on this already. I was about to. Smile
Anyway, yeah. Patch notes says what you just said.
Maybe LGTF can be done now?

dark seraph

we can haz LGTF?

Ransan

It also turned "click to accept" fortunes back on. I've been told this is a temporary solution until something more can be done, but I suspect some people are gonna be pissed by that.
I have failed to understand the brouhaha about the fortunes all along.  Can someone explain what the problem is?  Click-to-accept is just like having to click to accept a teleport.  Conversely, no-click-to-accept is just like not turning that option on in the first place.
But *unlike* a teleport, I fail to see how the received fortune could put you in a bad position.  You can't be team-teleganked by a jerk with a bad sense of humor by it.
What's all the shouting about?

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
I've been reading the official forums on this issue. There's two reasons generally given by people who really dislike getting Fortunes.
a) The Fool - grants a run speed buff, among other things. Now, a lot of players get annoyed with Speed Boost because they can't control their character's movement at such speeds. Many of those people insist that the run speed buff from the Fool is just as bad. Yeah, I know, the Fool's nowhere near as quick as a Speed Boost buff, but for some folks it's still enough to throw them off, give them lag, etc, especially on certain maps.
b) Visual and Sound Effects - There's a floating purple card graphics that circle a character occasionally when they're under a Fortune buff. There is also a very faint sound effect that accompanies this. Some players apparently find one or both to be extremely annoying. Concept players dislike the card graphics, and the sound is reputedly irritating for many folks. Additional card graphics and sounds sometimes occur for certain Fortunes that have a chance to debuff or activate effects on enemies. These are similarly loathed. 
So for these folks, having the ability to turn down Fortunes (or indeed any buff) is desirable.
However, as Ran astutely points out, no matter WHAT Paragon Studios does, someone's gonna be pissed.
-- Acyl
Well, that's a constant. I'm sure there were some people who were pissed at the fact that the game was created at all, preferring to do their superheroing in a platonic space of imagination unencumbered by visual detail.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
What, no one mentioned this?

Quote:Fixed a bug that caused many critters with ranged attacks to change behavior and prefer melee range, including Rikti Drones and most Mastermind pets. Critters should behave as they used to again.

My Bots/Storm will be playable again!

Although I've got to wonder what they did with the pets this *helped*.

-Morgan.
Morganni Wrote:What, no one mentioned this?

Quote:Fixed a bug that caused many critters with ranged attacks to change behavior and prefer melee range, including Rikti Drones and most Mastermind pets. Critters should behave as they used to again.

My Bots/Storm will be playable again!

Although I've got to wonder what they did with the pets this *helped*.

-Morgan.

Ah. The Council bots will stop closing to melee range if they don't have arms. That's a shame. I always found that amusing.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Ebony Wrote:Ah. The Council bots will stop closing to melee range if they don't have arms. That's a shame. I always found that amusing.

Well, the only post I've seen about it in the official forums said that MM bots are still misbehaving, so who knows.

(Been focused on FFXI again, so I haven't checked it out myself...)

-Morgan.