Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Legendary - Long time no see
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just going through the list in-game and noticed the following...
[Image: LONGTIMENOSEE.jpg]

That's a lot of people who have not logged in in a LONG time.
I'm considering a cut-off of either 300 or 400 days. I mean, if you haven't logged that character in in that amount of time, either the character has become forgotten or your account is expired.
In any case - the worst offenders up there don't look like they're coming back at all. Anything past 600 days is definitely getting the boot.
So - any feedback on what the cut-off should be before we start removing characters? 300 days? 400? Some other number?
Kevin Reich is good to boot, as long as you send a /tell explaining why. His player MAY be back for GR, but he's gonna focus on his broot if anything.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
I must admit to sadness about Yukiyo getting kicked, especially considering how I picture her character in the Legendary.
That said, in-game expulsion for mechanics reasons is not the same as kicking them out of the Legendary for story reasons, so for my part, unless her player shows up and says otherwise I'm going to continue acting as though she's there.  If I ever manage to finish some of Katy's stories, she'll still be needed, if nothing else. Smile
Also: none of those are mine, it appears.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
House Kat can go away...
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Luna Sephira is my wife's whose account is currently inactive. Pretty sure we can wrangle a reinvite when (if) she decides to play again.

edit: And does anyone else think Yukiyo's days offline is rather interesting considering her origin?
I'd like to preserve Aegis Sanctuary, if at all possible, as she is one of the very first people I recruited when I inherited the group, and we've sort of carried her through previous rounds of inactivity kicks as a sort of grandfathering.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Tell you what. I shouldn't be making this sort of decision unilaterally anyway. I mean, Bob started the group and all. I'm just one of the leaders. 

Plus I counted up and apparently we still have over 10-15 places left for new members anyway. I'm sort of concerned about deadwood. But not THAT concerned if we still have room. Is it important to keep active people in the group? When the SG limit was 75, I think it was. But with the new limit of 150 maybe not so much?

Point of curiosity - do we know contact info outside the game for all the characters? Might be nice if we could contact some of them and ask if they intend to play again.
Quote:Is it important to keep active people in the group?
Do we have enough live players to keep us in the Top 100 SGs?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

CrimsonKMR

Yea, Kevin Reich is mine. Feel free to do what you want heh
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
Well, more than likely, Bob.  I never bothered to do any pruning because we were not at max size.  I do find it sad that a lot of fun and interesting toons have taken backseats to the many, MANY, memes that got started over time.  But hey, it happens.
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]