Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I'm Not Likely To Switch...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... but damn, does DC Online have cool trailers.
And yeah, I know, it doesn't represent actual gameplay.  But it still looks awesome.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
KLONG!!! (Sound of Jaw hitting floor percussively)

And yeah - same here - I know it's not actual footage of graphics or anything involving the actual game (beyond maybe the basic premise of the background setup for the DCAU MMO setting.)

But WOW.

These Blur people have already done the best rendered trailers for Mass Effect, Star Wars the Old Republic (twice), and now this. Is this just their forte? Game Trailers? Or are they ever going to make an actual movie? Because I would REALLY want to watch whatever they made!
I'd say we should pass the hat to see if we can get them to render Drunkards Walk, with Bob writing the screen adaptation.
It'd have to be a really big hat, though. Smile  Ah well.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Sure, that was graphicly impressive, but as far as getting a feel for how the GAME will look/work I think this does a better job:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...6zONwAEg&feature=related
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Not too much to choose from over CoH in that one.

Personally, I'd love to see a full length animated DC movie from these guys, 'cause _yowza_
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Wiredgeek Wrote:Personally, I'd love to see a full length animated DC movie from these guys, 'cause _yowza_
That was my reaction when I first saw this trailer. I knew already the game was unlikely to match up with CoX. :lol:
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
It looks PRETTY, but that's about all it is... it's like the shiny apple in Scott McCloud's Understanding Comics
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
BTW, I just love the fact that the Joker painted a target on his own back...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.