Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Booster RAAAAAAAAAGE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, the official forums are currently 40+ pages deep in "spirited discussion" of this announcement, specifically the new Party Pack. The current announcement lists it as retailing at $7.99. Currently confirmed from the trailer are about 8 emotes, though no official word seems to have confirmed this as the pack's entire contents. No temp powers or costume pieces have been displayed.
The current mood on the official forums appears to be "meh" leaning towards "WTF?! Are you joking?" At least one user has outright said that this is the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to microtransactions and that she's canceling her subscription, goodbye, if I hear from you, it's too soon.
A significant group are rather annoyed with this because they feel that this is somehow content that should have been included in either i18 or Going Rogue, and think that the "nickle and dime" approach is going to slowly wear down what's actually given to the players in issues for free, with boosters and such taking over all the new content so they can charge separately.
Me, I'm gonna pass on it, but I imagine just given the overwhelmingly negative feedback the announcement has gotten, this is unlikely to become a regular thing. And I've overall been pleased with the Boosters, even if I think a few things aren't as flexible(gender locked Magic pack pieces) as they could be. NCSoft has given me the opportunity to buy something I don't want to buy and don't have to buy. Clearly, they should be burned at the stake.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
I'm a sucker for the air guitar, and would gladly pay the few dollars needed just for that. Sports emotes just add to it.

I don't get the reason for all the burning hate for this that the boards are showing. So it's not as massive as the other boosters, big deal. It's not like anyone is holding a gun to your head to make you buy it. And who knows, maybe there's something else in there they haven't announced yet.

As for the 'paying for boosters takes away from the free updates' nonsense, I always remember what Paragon Studios once said about the Wedding Booster Pack. That thing provided the budget to make VEATs possible an entire issue ahead of schedule.
Yeah, "meh" is about my reaction, too.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I'll may buy it when I have some extra cash to blow. But it's not a priority.
Sudden thought/potential thread derail: What if they made booster packs for bases? Like adding new base items? Think people would buy them?
I have no real comment (other than a baffled headshake) about the booster pack discussion.  Or rather, I can't improve upon your 'clearly, they should be burned at the stake' one. Big Grin
But.
Booster RAAAAGE! sounds like the perfect name for a new character.  One based on Terr, perhaps.
(Hi Terr! *poke*)

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Matrix Dragon Wrote:As for the 'paying for boosters takes away from the free updates' nonsense, I always remember what Paragon Studios once said about the Wedding Booster Pack. That thing provided the budget to make VEATs possible an entire issue ahead of schedule.

This, really. CoH has an amazing amount of free content for a game of this sort. So, if they want to have a bit of something that costs something, one might consider it as much a donation to support the release of further free content as much as to get whatever the booster is.

-Morgan.

dark seraph

so it's a emot pack?

i may pass on it.... or give into my need to have as much shiny extras as possible, but i don't see why some people are geting so Agro, it's not like it's got costume parts. (that we know of yet)

if it did have cotsum parts, they would probaly match the emots, so sports and rockstar stuff... which would make it worth buying Smile

Rockstar?
OOoohh! If they actually added Rockstar costumes, I'd be ALL. OVER. THAT.
(cheezy KISS supergroup homage anyone? ^_^)
Quote:CoH has an amazing amount of free content for a game of this sort. So, if they want to have a bit of something that costs something, one might consider it as much a donation to support the release of further free content as much as to get whatever the booster is.
You know, that's a good point. I may well buy this booster just for that reason now.
Quote:(cheezy KISS supergroup homage anyone? ^_^)
Whoa. That would be a blast.  ETA:  But we should be able to do most of it with existing costume bits, I think...
-- Bob
---------
In Re: KISS SG: The MAKEUP is the big sticking point
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
I'm pretty sure most of them can be done with existing face patterns...
-- Bob
---------

dark seraph

you can make Kiss Toons, saw them in the D a few nights back, sining Kiss songs in local Tongue

dark seraph

okay, went and got the new booster, no costume parts..... but not caring.
the sure entertainment vaule makes up for it, like watching 2 MM and all their pets dance like Michal Jackson Tongue  
[Image: screenshot_100915-20-24-42.jpg]

like so Tongue