Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Issue 19: screw Incarnates, we get INHERENT STAMINA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*joy-splosion*
Tweets from PAX Thread on Fora
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SCRAP EVERY BUILD EVAR!

someone best send Terr a case of Provigil and an IV drip of cheetos or something.. aahahahahahahah

that's awesome!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
*Feral grin* Well..no..depending how they do it..I'll be very much be looking -forward- to the changes..it'll free up power choices to placehold IO's Big Grin Like..Moar luck of the gambler 7.5 recharges! Pick up Resist elements..or hell pick up a proper travel power for lol's.

Nah this just has the potential to give me another chance to upgrade Terr's build more and get more shines into his build!
This means that Demo and a half dozen other of my alts can all take their self-rezzes now! :lol
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
So, apparently the contact for the story arc that unlocks the Incarnate slot is possibly named...

Mender Ramiel.

...ohshi-*positron beam'd*
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
O.o Add that to the Qabbala Tree of Life that the Incarnate UI used in the Leaked Info...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Crossovers That Should Not Be: Terrence Knight/Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Gendou: It is Eva, Terrence. And you will pilot it.

Terrence: Naw, being stuck in a giant robot will just cramp my style, I'll whup that Angel's ass bare handed.

Gendou: *Sweatdrops*

dark seraph

*see's Terr reluctlently agreeing to use an Eva..... as a club*

beats Juraisk car on a stick, don't it? Tongue

but to be a nay sayer (always has to be one) i have had the benefits of the new inhrent explained to me by god knows how many people... and my reaction is the same to all of them. "i don't see the big fuss." sounds like i still have to slot the inherents, so i'm not geting any extra slots. if incarnet gives us extra slots... woulsn't i want those for the incarnet powers?

so, i think i'll still be meh till it comes out, don't change how i make my toons.

but then acording to Dren, i make strange builds that should not work.... but some how do.

all with out the aid of Mids Tongue

Of course you don't understand. You need to have it beat into your skull Smile. I can give you a perfectly good reason why this is a good thing. You can pick up Resist Elements on Gir now since you dropped it for something else. Who cares if you don't have more slots to put into it. 1 slotted with a resist IO is still much better than not having it at all. then you can take other powers as situational use Like 1 slotted hasten, or maybe something from the invisibility pool/or Manuvers and Luck of the gambler 7.5 recharge in it.

I don't see how you fail to see the benefit of haveing 3-4 power choices (depending on how much of the fitness pool you took) freed up to use on other powers that you can pick for Concept reasons without giving up combat effectiveness.

Prior I19 I don't doubt for a second you have powers you'd like to see on some of your toons that would fit their concept great, but couldn't take it because you just didn't have enough power selections to take em.

Who cares if your not getting more slots. Your getting More powers and haveing a power thats even 1 slotted is vastly superior to not haveing that power at all. Options DS options.

if you still can't see that..I dunno what else to tell ya.

CrimsonKMR

so since im so out of the CoH loop... are these incarnates something I can use for Flame, or is this yet ANOTHER "new character" this that will still have Flame sit on the sidelines?
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
Not at all, Crimson, not at all.
An Incarnate Slot is something you add to an existing character.
I don't think I commented specifically on this on the board, though I gave a fairly detailed explanation of what I had seen in the Beta while Terry and other people were in channel in-game itself. Mind - that was the version that was pulled. And they were going to change it somewhat. And that was ONLY the "Alpha Slot". There will be others. I don't know how many at this point. But the devs have said that their plan is to add new slots over time. Either with updates or with new complete issues of the game.
It's specifically for level 50 characters. Supposedly there's a new contact and storyline that you will follow to open that option up.
So yeah, Flame is going to be able to use it.
(BTW - just so I understand, what's up with you being out of CoH and/or Flame "sitting on the sidelines"?)

CrimsonKMR

well, i tend to be a single character type person. I
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
Ok. I get that. Terry (until recently) didn't play any character but Terrence. He's got a few alts now. Not many, but a few. Another friend of mine plays Champions Online (has given up on CoH) and plays basically 4 characters and that's it. And even then, 2 of his characters are almost mirror images of each other.
So yeah, Alt-i-tus isn't universal.
Back to the topic at hand. I'm looking forward to this. And all my characters will get respecced when it goes live. There were definitely powers I'd like to have taken on Cyberman 8 that I just couldn't because /Super Reflexes is such a tight build (HAVE to take everything or it fails.) I'd like to have taken a couple of other powers in the Body Mastery pool. Top of the list of course is Physical Perfection. I'm wondering if I could get away with slotting Health and Stamina only two slots apiece if I have that? Tempted also by the possibility of taking Armor from the Munitions Pool. Sure it wouldn't be much more Resistance. But thing is - it would scale up with the Resistance that builds when Health is dropped on a Super Reflexes build.
Does that sound like a good idea?
Quote:beats Juraisk car on a stick, don't it? Tongue
Suddenly, I want to get all Dibbler in the middle of Crey's Folly: "CAR! Onna STICK! Fresh made, guv'nor, only a few thousand Influence, and that's cuttin' me own throat!"

I now return you to the real topic, already in progress.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Heh, half tempted to re-up and roll me Sergent At Arms Vimes...
Pity you gave away most of your fancy shiny enhancements :p I knew you should have kept some on at least one or 2 of your chars *grin*

dark seraph

Wiredgeek Wrote:Heh, half tempted to re-up and roll me Sergent At Arms Vimes...
wouldn't that be John Keel? Tongue