Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Just a little bit of showing off...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've mentioned to a few people the new setup that I recently engineered with Spud's assistance.

Still, for those that just aren't in the game these days(or at least, not when I'm about), I figured I'd put it here where other people can see and admire.

Bonus points if you can identify which alt is on the screen
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Auuugh. The Washout! It BURNS!

I presume the green box is the new one, and the dell the monitor's on is off/powering the screen to the side?

(PS: It's Sylia on screen. Sara's Valk to the side?)
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Actually, the Dell is just a monitor stand at the moment -- it doesn't function.  The Green Monster is an Alienware box and is powering both monitors on its dual video cards of DOOOOM.  It's the big-ass monitor that's the new setup -- until this past weekend, Ops was running off that little regular monitor alone.
Ops, I'm still jealous, by the way.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Thats...a big monitor Big Grin. Its awesome that you just use a second screen to do your other stuff while playing CoH *grin* Sadly..us Mortals still have to alt tab out at times.
have to take a picture of my new setup, now..

Verrah nice, Ops. Now kick Spud out into the garage to recap that 270
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Hey now!  I've already started poking around for a source for the caps I need -- seeing as how I'd really rather not (1) pay Radio Shack prices, or (2) rely on Radio Shack delivery schedules.
Smile

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
That's kinda like how I've set up my rig, just with only a solo 22" LCD. PC tower on left, monitor hight raised with a textboook, Xbox 360 underneath.

As for replacement caps, sparkfun maybe but in the end they're really a Digi-key and Mouser reseller for the elemental passive components.

--Rod.H (who should get back to playing CoX but is being distracted by Halo & Civ)