Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Issue 19 Fan Trailer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DARK WATCHER
(VO)
We thought we knew the threat. We were wrong.
We thought they were divided. We were wrong.

FADE TO:

EXTERIOR - STEEL CANYON, DAY.

The appearance of a normal day in the Canyon is broken as VANGUARD tanks and helicopters appear on the streets. Sirens begin to wail, and the civilians begin to run, fleeing for shelters. HELLIONS can be seen heading for a sewer entrance, followed by other lower-tier villain groups. Public loudspeakers and helicopters amplify the voice of LADY GREY across the zone.

LADY GREY
All civilians are to move to the nearest emergency shelter immediately! Hostile military forces have been detected on approach to Steel Canyon!

FADE TO:

INTERIOR - RIOT FORCE BASE, CONTROL ROOM

Lady of the Peace and Sell-Sword stand in front of the monitors, watching the images from Steel. On a side monitor, the roster of Riot Force is visible, with almost every single name lit up, indicating that hero is active and in the field.

SELL-SWORD
Legendary is already moving, and I got a call from the Infamous. Vanguard and Arachnos are mobilising in the Isles as well.

LADY OF THE PEACE
A full scale assault?

SELL-SWORD
Almost certainly. Didn’t think they had the numbers.

They fall silent, watching the vehicles and infantry, countless heroes moving around them. Sell-Sword turns, looking at the list of names.

SELL-SWORD
Is Silicon...

LADY OF THE PEACE
Still MIA.

FADE TO:

EXTERIOR - VANGUARD BASE, RIKTI WAR ZONE, DAY.

The base is clearly on high alert, with hundreds of soldiers of heroes in position, a line of artillery behind them. They’re backed up by LONGBOW personnel and aircraft, and Serpent Drummer and W.M. Dietrich stand next to each other, their eyes on the killing zone ahead of them, faces grim.

FADE TO:

EXTERIOR - OUROBOROS, DAY?

Mender Silos stands before the Pillar of Ice and Flame, his expression unreadable. Romulus stands at the bottom of the staircase, crackling with Nictus energy.

ROMULUS
Did you honestly believe my master wasn’t aware of your attempts at manipulating him?

FADE TO:

INTERIOR - PARAGON SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS, ARMORY

Leon McNichol finishes putting on his armor, then picks up his multi-rifle and makes one last check. Knight of the Peace waits near the door, tail lashing in agitation.

FADE TO:

INTERIOR - SILKY DOLL, UNDERGROUND ARMORY

Priss Asagiri stands in front of her hardsuit, glaring at it. Or rather, the severe battle damage. Behind her, Mackie Stingray is studying a computer monitor.

MACKIE STINGRAY
Optics, totally fried. Gel layer is failing, the jump jets don’t respond to the diagnostic at all, the operating system is crashing...

PRISS ASAGIRI
So, it’s beyond even your magical touch.

MACKIE STINGRAY
In the time left? I could patch the holes. That’s about it.

Priss merely nods, closing her eyes and twisting a simple ring on her finger.

PRISS ASAGIRI
Sylia...

FADE TO:

An aerial view of Paragon City, angling down from above the ocean.

DARK WATCHER
(VO)
We thought we were prepared.

Flickers of unnatural light can be seen in the air, before the War Walls shut down. All of them.

DARK WATCHER
(VO)
We were wrong.

CUT TO:

EXTERIOR, ATLAS PARK, NIGHT.

Explosions rip across the city, as the famous statue of Atlas takes a hit from an artillery shell that shatters a portion of the globe. Underneath it, Ms. Liberty and Evangelia rally the wounded heroes, throwing themselves into the teeth of another charge from the Imperial Defense Force legion attacking them. Evangelia leaps over the front ranks, bringing her sword down with enough force to almost tear a War Walkers head off.

CUT TO:

EXTERIOR, PORTAL CORP, PEREGRINE ISLAND, NIGHT

Net Sabre drops to her knees, letting Sachie Hanagawa jump over her and hit Marauder hard enough to send him stumbling back. Before he can recover, Net Sabre is sending arcs of electricity ripping through him.

CUT TO:

INTERIOR, VANGUARD BASE.

The bodies of dozens of Vanguard are scattered over the floor, the corpses of heroes and villains mixed in with their ranks. Faultline carries a wounded W.M Dietrich in his arms, as Fusionette and Colonel Morgan cover their retreat. Dozens of Praetorian Warworks pursue them, autocannons roaring.

CUT TO:

INTERIOR - SILKY DOLL, UNDERGROUND ARMORY

The roof shakes from a sudden explosion above, and Priss Asagiri and Mackie Stingray look up in surprise. The engineers attention is pulled back to her computer as alarms start wailing.

MACKIE STINGRAY
Praetorians just blasted into the shop and are heading for the underground entrance? How did they know-

PRISS ASAGIRI
I think we can confirm the quality of the Seers. We can’t let them get the armory Mackie. Arm the self destruct and seal your armor. We’re fighting our way out.

MACKIE STINGRAY
But your armor’s toast! What’re you gonna do?

Priss takes a massive pistol from a weapons rack, along with several clips that she stuffs into her jacket. Slamming a fresh clip into place, she works the slide and heads for the stairs.

Priss Asagiri
What I always do. Improvise and kick some ass.

CUT TO:

EXTERIOR, FOUNDERS FALLS, DAY

Purrfect Archer, Purrfect Scrapper and Inyme W’tin leap from a rooftop seconds before the explosives they’ve left behind take out their enemies. As they reach the ground however, over a dozen Seers teleport in around them.

SEERS
Unusual psychic signature detected. Containing.

PURRFECT SCRAPPER
See! This is all your fault!

PURRFECT ARCHER
Excuse me?!

CUT TO:

MONTAGE: Scenes of combat across Paragon and the Isles, with heroes and villains alike tearing into the invading Praetorians. Throughout the montage, Statesman can be seen battling Tyrant, groups like the Paragon Clockwork and the Outcasts can be seen coming out of hiding and fighting back, Castle blasts Warrant through a building... but then we see a dead hero. Then another, and another...

UNKNOWN VOICE
(VO)
They’ve taken out the medicomm!

The sequence continues, showing Priss in hand to hand combat with IDF Troopers, Lady of the Peace igniting an entire petrol station as War Walkers advanced through it, Counter Sabre and Justice Sabre fighting back to back at the entrance to a civilian shelter... and more dead heroes. Strangers at first, but then, members of the Legendary and their allies appear, scattered across the city. Others are seen restrained, helpless, prisoners of the Praetorians.

FADE TO BLACK

DARK WATCHER
(VO)
But this is not the way the world ends...

FADE TO:

EXTERIOR, ATLAS PARK, DAY

Aside from a still burning car, the parking lot is abandoned and empty, forgotten in the war raging across the City of Heroes. Then, with a flicker of unnatural light, Silicon Sabre appears, followed by Valles, Twilit Blade, Flame of the Peace and more. Even as the first arrivals step forward, looking out over Atlas Park, more continued to appear behind them.

FLAME OF THE PEACE
So... This is Primal Earth... Are we too late?

SILICON SABRE
Let’s find out.

With a roar of jump jets, Silicon Sabre takes to the air, followed closely by the Praetorian heroes.

FADE TO BLACK.

CITY OF HEROES: THE PRAETORIAN WAR
OPEN TO:

Lightning crackles across a dingy, red-clouded sky as the sea beneath and the ravaged earth below are painted in the colors of dry blood. Enormous green tentacles wave back and forth next to a jagged line of gold that looks bronze in the polluted light. It points forward towards a small island that is hauntingly familiar. A broken shell of Orouboros lies floating amid the blood-stained sky. The great cathedral windows are shattered, the delicate golden sundial strand is long since wripped asunder from its surface. Burning trees provide the crooked, but not yet sinking, isle with a modicum of light.

Imperious is highlighted in the flames as he walks among the trees towards the central citadel, frowning as he recognizes a man both like and utterly unlike him coming from the opposite direction. The features of the red-clad Reichsman twist in distaste as he takes in the other man.

REICHSMAN: 
Were you the one that brought me here? Return me to my own reality, and perhaps I shall let you live despite your impudence.

IMPERIOUS
It was not I, but regardless, you would not find a mere pup to grovel at your boots should you try, dog.

REICHSMAN: 
You dare-?!

VOICE: 
Enough.

Both turn to the shape of a featureless brown cloak sweeping across the still somehow immaculate marble of the floor, exiting the citadel proper. The hood is drawn up high, obscuring the figure's features, but a gleaming emblem of gold in the shape of a golden snake eating its own tail, the symbol of the Ouroboros Menders, sits at clasped at the left shoulder, holding the collar closed.

REICHSMAN:
So you were the one that brought us here. Answer quickly, before I tear you limb from limb.

MENDER:
I was. I have brought you here for a purpose.

REICHSMAN:
No one summons me.

MENDER:
We Menders may have all the time in the world, but that does not mean I must bear your pointless bravado and empty threats, Reichsman. Behold the reason you have been brought here.

A small octahedron floats out from the depths of the cloak, hovering above one of the cracked PILLARS OF ICE AND FLAME, before it expands and contracts, flaring into a gigantic multifaceted fractal prism, the center of which slowly expands to show the scene of the IMPERIAL DEFENSE FORCE ravaging PARAGON CITY before moving further outward, slowly overwhelming all in their path. REICHSMAN whirls towards THE MENDER.

REICHSMAN:
You deprive my men of my leadership to allow this...this usurpation
 to happen?!

THE MENDER:
No. I seek to prevent it.

IMPERIOUS looks at the figure with narrowed eyes, before contemplating the view before him.

IMPERIOUS:
These were the people who rescued my lands from Romulus. Yet now it is they who lie broken...defeated. How do we defeat such a foe who could triumph over even them in their very homes of power?

MENDER:
By changing what has been into what may be.

THE MENDER walks towards the image, which shifts as he approaches, showing a delicate piece of masonry with a stream of what appears to be liquid gold dripping down it. Both IMPERIOUS and REICHSMAN react in surprise.

IMPERIOUS:
The Well of the Furies...

THE MENDER:
Indeed. What you have seen is an Ending. The potential end of that world. They will fight bravely. They will fight to the last. But still...they will die. And what they failed to stop will spread like a cancer until it threatens you as well. 

REICHSMAN:
I would like to see them try to defeat me.

THE MENDER:
Yes. You are most powerful. But you draw your strength from something....else. Something more than yourself. And so too will these have to, should they hope to survive. Some might have risen of their own accord...but I believe that sometimes Destiny...must be given a helping hand.

IMPERIOUS looks at THE MENDER suspiciously. 

IMPERIOUS:
Your words sound helpful, but how do we know you can be trusted? My lands have already been beset once by those aided by men who wield the sorcery of these crystals.

THE MENDER nods.

MENDER:
Indeed...but I am not like them. Mender Silos seeks to contain this problem by attacking the root. Preventing the Coming Storm before it ever comes to pass. But I...I have a different plan. This....Ending, this Omega....is but one possibility. One I will avert, with your assistance. The power of the gods could defeat this threat, but it is too few, and too scattered. That must change.

THE MENDER turns to both of them, cloak billowing. 

MENDER:
I am Mender Ramiel, and I will bring the power of Creation itself to the defense of this world. And if Silos fails, even the Coming Storm itself will quail before the power of what I am about to unleash. 

[b][i]Lightning flashes about the broken citadel as the HYDRA growl and moan, the waves thrashing about the artificial island. IMPERIOUS looks wary while REICHSMAN looks intrigued by RAMIEL's statement. MENDER RAMIEL turns towards the interior of the citadel, his cloaked form outlined by the massive CENTRAL PILLAR and its burning contents.[/i][/b]

MENDER RAMIEL:
It is time....yes...time for a new Age of Gods. So come, both of you. We have much to do.

FADE TO BLACK

CITY OF HEROES ISSUE 19: INCARNATES
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Wow. Very powerful, both of you. I like, very much.

One question to Matrix Dragon, though:
Quote:Explosions rip across the city, as the famous statue of Atlas takes a hit from an artillery shell that shatters a portion of the globe. Underneath it, Ms. Liberty and Princess Evangelia rally the wounded heroes, throwing themselves into the teeth of another charge from the Imperial Defense Force legion attacking them. Evangelia leaps over the front ranks, bringing her sword down with enough force to almost tear a War Walkers head off.
Evangelia is the Primal version, Princess Evangelia is the Praetorian version; did you mean to have both in this scene, on the Primal side?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Wow..just wow. Are you guys sure your not professional writers or something? because this is really good stuff.
Just a mental glitch with Eva's name. It's what I get for writing this at one in the morning Tongue