Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: GR Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Specifically pointed at those of you who both have GR and tend to follow the offical fora...
Has anyone ever produced a Lexicon of Tunnelspeak so that we can actually, well... understand members of the resistance like Ricochet?
I tried a couple of searches against the official fora boards but pretty much came up empty.  And I either did no0t register on their fora proper or have forgotten who I registered as, so of course I thought I'd check if anyone here knew.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Google is your friend.
http://boards.cityofheroe...ht=resistance+dictionary

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
FYI, Star Ranger, the login for the Official CoH forums is the same as your login for the game itself.  I think this was a change made when they upgraded the forums awhile back and merged the NA and EU forums.
Quote:Honorbridge wrote:

FYI, Star Ranger, the login for the Official CoH forums is the same as your login for the game itself.  I think this was a change made when they upgraded the forums awhile back and merged the NA and EU forums.
Either your CoH password or your NCsoft Master Account password, one or the other. The login name for CoH and the NCsoft Master Account should be the same (I think), but the passwords can differ.
As for the original question:- not to my knowledge. I don't know if there's even necessarily a fixed pattern to how the Resistance members speak, though. It's possible the writers just go screwball crazy with a lot of their dialogue.  
-- Acyl
I went through the lexicon and it really sounds like they have taken elements of two distinct slangs as the etymological base for their patois.  Specifically hard-boiled slang (Chandler, Hammmet) and Mid seventies British Slang.
There is a nice roll to it, and the few that sound forced can be forgiven.
"Getting It Polar Bear-Style Without the Syrup" sounds a little like an In & Out Burger order.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Thanx guys...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children