Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Interesting bit of lore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found while trawling the Dev Digest:
Quote:Originally Posted by Positron

Quote:
[table]

Originally Posted by DumpleBerry
[Image: viewpost.png]

It's an alternate universe
Providence, Rhode Island. In this dimension/universe, Providence was
able to successfully economically transition from the whaling industry
into other and more profitable venues, becoming (effectively) the New
York City of Primal Earth.

[/table]

Bingo.

I love that you guys know so much about the lore. Even if it's lore I had nothing to do with!
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Hm. That should probably go into the TVTropes Wiki entry for the game, as there is some snarking about geography and support for large cities in Rhode Island...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

dark seraph

and spoted this from a NPC in Cap

[NPC] Vagrant: Judge said the Army or the Rogue Isles. I sure chose wrong.

dose this make the Isles like Australia?

Ransan

Possibly. A more contemporary reference would be John Carpenter's Escape from New York or better yet , Escape from L.A.
In the latter example, a giant earthquake aka "The Big One" separated the City of Los Angeles from mainland California, effectively rendering the city a wasteland in the process. An ultra-conservative government regime declared the city unusable for "decent Amercians" and turned it into a deportation zone for undesirables. This might be what the Rogue Isles have become, by Recluse's own choice. "Give us your thieves, your murderers, your corrupt masses."

dark seraph

I don't know... the idea of slaping aussie acsents on everyone is haily amusing...
Recluse: Hey there Bruce this is Bruce *points to Scorpion* Bruce *points to Mako* and Bruce *points to Sirocco*

"...and this here's Ghost Bruce!"
We now have new official Legendary terminology to use on the Statesman Task Force.
"Who do I pull first?'
"Bruce."
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
"Eh ... Nogitsune ... ya mind if we call ya 'Bruce,' just t' avoid confusion?"
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
The quote is rofl, Eb, but.... Nogi ain't buying it.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Pull First?..what crazy talk is that? We're the Effin legendary We'll pull all of em at once! Capt-Bruce, SicBruceo, Ghost-Bruce, Black Bruce!
OI! you forgot Flying bruce!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Terrenceknight Wrote:Pull First?..what crazy talk is that? We're the Effin legendary We'll pull all of em at once! Capt-Bruce, SicBruceo, Ghost-Bruce, Black Bruce!
'N' then we all scrum on Lord Rebruce, 'n' we can crack a nice Foster's before dinner!

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."