Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: New bind - Name of toon on channel.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a nifty bind I have recently been shown by someone.
/bind lshift+enter beginchat "/send "The Legendary" [$name]: "
What it does is sets up a keybind to start chat but show which character you are specifically on at the time. Could be useful for RP purposes!
Where you would normally see something like -
 [The Legendary]Looney Toons: Post that in the forums, please?
Instead you get something like this:
 [The Legendary]Looney Toons: [Evangelia] Post that in the forums, please?

Notes: where it says - "lshift+enter" up there? You can change that to any key you want. A double-keystroke like that might be better to keep people from doing stuff by accident. Also - where it says "The Legendary" can be changed to any channel name of course.
I use that (omitting the $name) for myself, though with rshift. A word of warning, you might not always get a proper trigger if you hit enter before shift; it bears to check you have the send properly in there. (The reverse is also true if you use a second key near enter). Paragon Wiki's List of Key Names also comes in handy for /bind commands.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

Baseload

I could definitely see the RP benefits that macro would have. Maybe set one up for OOC and/or IC