Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The sound of Bells
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Multiple instances of "could of/would of/should of" for "could have/would have/should have".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

dark seraph

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Multiple instances of "could of/would of/should of" for "could have/would have/should have".
That one can be blamed on aussie Slang....
but now I'm starting to think I need to pull this down, proof read it about 7 - 8 more times and then post it again.... or just dump it. >.>;

Not so much slang as, well, that's what you actually SAY, not what you write.

FORMAL -- Informal-- Colloquial
could have -- could've -- "could of" or "could a"
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
It's called, technically, "eye dialect".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

dark seraph

okay, after editing and rewriting some parts( needed to fix a few things after actuly going to a wedding a few days ago Tongue ) I need to find some one Stup-... er... Brave enought to proof read and then I'll repost it.

I can give it a read through and see if anything shockingly obvious stands out... even better I'm Aussie so I know the lingo, but can caliber my vocabulary to other locales and stratum.

It might get me off my backside and get the last few snippets out and finish off the various VV entries I've been working on.

dark seraph

sweet, PM me you Email adress and I senda ya a copy

dark seraph

Seraph residence.

Seraph slowly woke to a poking finger, his mind struggling through a haze of what was probably tail end of last nights party, slowly pealing an eye open to see Tish standing over him, a slightly amused grin on her face as she leant over and gave him another poke.

“Rise and shine sleepy, you need to get suited up.” she chirped at him, giving him another playful pokes. “Or did you get too wasted at the big bad buck’s party?”

He waved a hand at her, pausing as he saw it was cocooned in duct tape. Sitting up he saw his other hand was equally bound. “What the bloody hell happened?” he muttered as her tried to figure out how to unwrap them.

Leaning in she pressed a finger to the wrappings and slowly dragged it along, the smell of burning tape filling the air, making him cough slightly. “Looks like Patti’s party was pretty wild, huh?”

Yawning he shrugged. “Damned if I know, I think Art was showing off a drinking game from his world or something, then… there was a bar crawl and things got blurry after that.”

Pulling the last of the tape off, she gave him another light prod. “So you got blitzed out of your skull.”

“No… I’m awake, if I got blitzed not even a Rikti Raid could of woken me.” Yawning again he shuffled off to the bathroom and started the shower. “So how did Gir’s hen’s night go?”

She followed him in to the bathroom and perched on the edge of the sink. “You really want to know?”

He paused as she let out an impish giggle that sent a slight shiver down his spine. Striping down he stepped under the warm water. “On second though, no... Very much no.”

She let out a chuckle as he washed away the groggy sensation. “I can tell you some things, apparently Gir invite Kara and her praetorian counterpart, which lead to some amusing things when the Praet Kara’s girlfriend got a little to tipsy, that and one of your daughters has you tendency to sing when drunk.”

He poked his head out of the shower. “Gir?”

“Nope, try younger.”

“Wait… Neph?”

“Yup, had a few, got up and started to sing, few other girls joined in and I think Laz took some photos, sisterly blackmail she said.”

He laughed as he finished up his shower and stepped out, Tish handing him a towel. “So… they didn’t end up doing anything too crazy did they?” he asked, drying himself off.

“You can ask Neph, she crashed on your couch last night.”

“She what?”

“It seemed a good idea rather than let her try and get home by herself last night.”

Quickly getting dressed he made his way down to the lounge where Neph was indeed asleep on the couch, curled up with a blanket thrown over her. Leaning over he also noted one of her arms was covered in what looked like half a mathematics text book.

Looking back to Tish she shrugged. “Something about a brilliant plan to fix her armor… that or some guys’ phone number.”

“A twenty digit number? Where they hell were you guys?”

Neph slowly raised her head and mumbled. “Jell-O shots at the D daddy.”

Silence filled the room, before Neph turned and glared at Seraph and Tish. “You… you didn’t hear that, okay?”

Seraph was about to say something when he looked over to Tish as she burst out laughing, earning a slight growl of annoyance from Neph.

Clearing his throat Seraph nudged Tish in the ribs. “Um… are you going to stay for breakfast or you going to prep for the wedding?”

Neph looked at her watch and leapt over the couch, letting out a string of swears as she bolted to the elevator. “Crap shit friken monkey crap, my shits back at the apartment, later mom and dad.”

Tish blinked as Neph vanished into the elevator. “Did she actually call me mom?”

Seraph smirked and shrugs. “And? Technically you ar-” He was cut off as she gave him a quick elbow to the gut.

“Carful mister?” She grumbled.

“Comment retracted… Ow.” He wheezed as he wobbled into the kitchen, starting work on breakfast. “Feel sort of odd…”

Looking over her shoulder, this gave him a quizzical look. “What does?”

“Nothing, just an old man rambling.” Shaking his head he turned back to prepping breakfast, half listening as the rest of the house slowly woke up, a slight smirk on his face as Laz lead a half asleep Gir to a chair, then stoped her from face planting into her pancakes. “Laz, did you sister get any sleep last night?”

The scared girl laughed. “You kidding, it was worse than Christmas eve with her.”

Gir muttered as he put a cup of coffee in front of her. “Wasn’t that bad, you were the one with guys wanting to do body shots off ya.”

Seraph slowly raised his eyebrow.

“Hey, with a face likes this.” She traced the line of scars that ran across it. “It’s nice to get a little attention… that and them trying to drink me under the table was a hoot.”

Seraph shook his head slightly. “There are details to this story that as a private investigator I would like to know… but as a father I will happily go the rest of my life never hearing about it.”

Gir looked like she was about to say something when there was a loud beeping coming from her pocket, looking around she fished out her phone, letting out a slight squeak of panic as she saw the time. “Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap, I didn’t think it was this late.” Abandoning her breakfast Gir bolted up to her room before ducking back down carrying her dress.

Seraph laughed as he stood up. “Looks like we need to be getting ready, I’ll catch you two at the shrine.”

Heading back upstairs to his room, smiling he wondered how Patti was dealing with the stress.

Founders Fall
Hino Shrine

Patti adjusted her tux for the hundredth time, nerves making her jittery about even the sightliest thing. Looking in the mirror the shrine maiden had lent her, she ran a rand through her hair, debating if she should put it up or leave it down when there was a knock at the door.

Heading over she slid the door to one side to see her Brother Jack standing there. “Hey, how’s things?” he asked, giving her his standard slightly cheesy grin. “Not suffering pre wedding jitters?”

Patti grabbed him and dragged him into the room. “Yes! How the hell did you deal with it?”

Steadying himself, Jack chuckled. “I could give some speech worthy of the Patriot, but to tell you the truth… I was a little nervous, but then I was marrying a woman that was a former villain and didn’t legally exist till three months before the day.”

“So how did you deal with it?”

Jack smiled. “I remembered that as the Patriot, I’ve gone against bigger odds and more terrifying threats, so in comparison, getting married wasn’t all that scary.” He wrapped an arm around Patti’s shoulders. “But there will be a moment where it all comes together, the fear will melt away and then you will have… the perfect moment.”

She grinned slightly. “That was kind of cheesy there.”

Shrugging he chuckled. “I tried, but don’t worry. It all turns out good in the end.”

Taking a few deep breaths, she nodded as she fidgeted with her collar again. “Okay… just wish I could have seen Gir before this, see how she’s coping with it all.”

“I’m sure she’s perfectly okay, after all, how long has she been working on this?”

Seraph was wandering through the shrines garden, stoping to enjoy the koi pond while waiting for the wedding to start, when he heard hurried footsteps behind him, turning he saw Jeena and Alicia hurrying over to him. Quirking an eyebrow he turned around. “What’s the matter girls?”

Jeena raised a hand as she got her breath back. “Gir… little freak out… you talk?”

He looked to both of them. “What happened?”

Hanging her head Alicia mumbled. “I said it was kind of odd seeing her act all grown up and um… she paused then sort of looked funny and locked herself in the toilet… um… don’t tell Mutti, she kill me.”

Seraph put a hand on his nieces shoulder. “Take me to her and I’ll see if I can do anything.” Alicia and Jeena lead him back to the toilet. “You leave anyone with her?”

“Um…” the girls looked at each other.

“She probably isn’t there any more.” Shaking his head he looked around. “I think I can find her, you guys stall till I can bring her back, okay?”

The two nodded and ran off as she clicked his fingers and started to float up, slowly turning around, he spotted what he was looking for, a large fir tree on the very edge of the shrine grounds that was bending slightly, a white figure slightly visible through the spindly leaves.

Flying over, he pushed a branch aside to see Gir sitting on a heavily strained branch. She looked at him slightly surprised, clutched in her hands the familiar, if some what battered, from of her stuffed piggy. “D-daddy? What are you doing?”

He floated next to her. “I heard you had a bit of a freak out and though to myself. “Where would she go.”, Then I remembered that you like to hide in high up places when upset, so here I am.” Wrapping an arm around her shoulder, he continued. “So what’s wrong Gir? Why are you hiding on your big day?”

She let out a long sigh. “This… gods, this is going to sound silly… but what Alicia said… it scared me a little...”

“What do you mean?”

She turned to him, her eyes brimming with tears. “She said it was odd me acting so grown up and then I realised that I was grown up… and this wedding was like the last step in becoming an adult… but… but.” She buried her head in his shoulder, letting out a slight sob. “I… I’m not sure if I’m ready to stop being your little girl daddy.”

A slight smile tugged at his lips and he hugged her. “Gir sweetie... you’ll never stop being my little girl you know that, right?”

She looked up at him, sniffling slightly. “But I’m... I’m not sure if I’m ready to stop being Girtrude Seraph yet.”

“Gir, no matter what happens, nothing will stop you from being my little baby girl, to butcher an old quote.” He paused as he cleared his throat slightly. “Your son’s your son till he takes a wife, but your daughter is a daughter for the rest of your life.”

She gave him a questioning look as he explained it. “No matter what happens, what name you take, who you become, to me you will always be the little girl that came into my life like a whirlwind and gave me something I had been lacking for so long. A family.” He tightened the hug slightly.

Smiling she wiped her face, smearing her makeup. “Thank you daddy… you always know the right things to say.” Looking to the battered stuff toy in her hands, she tucked it into his jacket. “Um… I should go back.”

He nodded and took her hand, a flash of light surrounded them as he teleported them back down, the tree making a slight groan as it straightened. “Yes, but first get some one to help fix your make up.” He smiled as she lifted her skirt slightly and ran back into the shrine, before pulling the little piggy toy out.

He examined the rather crude stitch work that made it up, he vision blurring slightly as he took his glasses off and wiped his eyes. “Little girl... all grown up…” chuckling, he put the pig into a pocket, feeling a bit of pride in how much she had grown and changed since their first meeting. “Guess it was bound to happen one day, even with an old grump like me raising her.”

Putting his glasses back on, he made his way back to the shrine, humming an old tune as he went.

It was time.

Patti stood at the head of the aisle, squirming slightly in her tux as she looked at the guests, some what surprised by the turn out. There were faces of friends, family, fellow heroes, even a few slightly shady characters she had butted heads with in the past.

Swallowing she tried to calm her nerves as she looked to the best man and her two groomsmen, both Primal and Praetorian versions of Terrence Knight stood side by side, she wasn’t sure how Gir had convinced Light to be one, but she had to admit it was amusing seeing primal and praetorian versions side by side, Light looking some what dignified while Terr looked like some oversized kid stuffed in a tux.

Turning back she looked down the aisle, resisting the urge to look at her watch. What was taking Gir so long?

Looking to Nam he just smiled and nodded down the aisle, looking back she felt her heart catch in her throat as the bridesmaids started up the aisle, a few seconds behind them Seraph walked along the red carpet, beaming with pride while at his arm…

[Image: Weddingday.jpg]

Everything seemed to slow down, the sound of the band playing the bridal march seeming coming form a muffled distance as she watched Gir, her elegant white gown seeming to glow in the sunlight. She gracefully walked up the aisle.

As they reached the altar, Seraph gave Gir a quick hug and made his way to his seat as Nam started to speak, all he while Patti was unable to pull her eyes off her bride, amazed at how... her mind stumbled for the words to describe the woman in front of her.

After a while Nam’s voice started to register as Jack elbowed her lightly and handed over the rings. “Do you, Patricia Anne White, Take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?”

Her mouth suddenly felt parched, licking her lips her voice came out in a low croak as she fumbled slightly, her palms sweaty as she slid the ring on Gir’s finger “I… I do.”

She watched as Gir’s face lit up like a charismas tree and Nam turned to her. “And do you, Girtrude Jane Seraph, Take this woman to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?”

Gir nodded as she easily slid the ring onto Patti. “I do.”

Nam looked out at the crowed. “If there is anyone who believes that these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace.”

For a moment Patti could of sworn she heard Gir starting to power up her eye lasers, confirmation came at the sight of a slight crimson glow in her eye’s, daring any to speak out.

Smirking slight as Gir powered down her eyes, he continued. “Then, by the power vested in me and with the blessings of the Kami, I pronounce you husband and wife. You-” Before Nam had even finished, Patti had lifted Gir’s veil and pulled her into a passionate embraces.

Blinking, Nam finished almost lamely. “Er… may kiss the bride.”
Breaking the kiss, Patti turned to the cheering crowed and smiled, holding Gir close as they walked down the red carpet. The shorter girl whispered up into her ear. “Thank you… that you so much.”

Patti gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. “I think I should be the one thanking you… but that can wait till after the reception.”

“Ooh, got a surprise for that.”

Patti quirked an eyebrow. “What’s that?”

“Have to wait until after the reception dear, it is a surprise after all.”

Shaking her head they made it to the car, her brothers Royal Royce the traditional “just married” sign hanging from the back along with cans, streamers and a few odds and ends, she couldn’t help but laugh at the small clockwork that had got itself tangled up in the strings as it tried to steal a can.

Gir knelt down, untangling the little gear and pulling the can free, giggling as it ran across the road and vanished into the underbrush, the can bouncing madly behind it on the string.

Chuckling She opened the door to the car and let Gir climb in, looking back up to the shrine and grinning as the guests threw rice and confetti in the air. Climbing into the driver seat she started the engine, smiling the car growled into life. “So… I have to wait till after the reception?” she asked, giving her a blushing bride an impish grin.

“Yeees, still need to throw the bouquet and have some dances... and lunch.” Gir’s stomach let out a loud growl. “I maybe… sort of… possibly missed breakfast.”

Laughing she pulled out, heading to the reception party, wondering exactly what Gir’s big surprise was.

Steel Canyon
Hotel Geneva

Neph shifted slightly in her seat, feeling slightly uncomfortable sitting at the head table. She was told it was part of her duties as a bridesmaid, but it felt more as if she was there so everyone could look at her or something.

But besides her slight discomfort, she had to grudgingly admit that she was having some fun, but then she had discovered that it was impossible to be around Gir for any period of time and be grumpy.

Looking around the room she paused and nodded at her partner for the day and once again wondered what Gir and Patti had pulled to get Lights Retribution to be a groomsman… not that she was complaining.

Taking another sip of her wine she glanced around the room again, the meal had been nice, even if the menu looked like it had been made of only items that Gir liked to eat… how else would you explain having a Mexican taco supreme next to lasagne and roast beef?

The speeches hadn’t been to bad either, Jeena had told every of how she had first met Gir, something about being given a sandwich or that, and about how Gir had met Patti, Jack’s speech sound more like something you expected a congressman to say.

While Seraphs… she had almost felt a tiny bit of jealousy to hear him talk about Gir with such pride, but then it was also a little touching to hear how highly he thought of her… and a bit amusing when he shared the story of when he met her and when she tried to move an apartment room by room.

She slowly became aware of people starting to gravitate towards the dance floor, curiously she watched as the started to partner up, Laz’s band breaking into a slow, almost relaxing song.

Feeling a slight tap on her shoulder she turned to see Light standing there, holding out a hand. “Care to dance?”

She quirked an eyebrow. “Do you even know how to?”

“Nope, but it’s that or we sit around and just watched, besides.” He grinned slightly. “How hard can it be?”

She was tempted to point out that by saying that he just jinxed them, but then today was going fairly smooth, slowly she got to her feet, wobbling slightly from a combination of high heals and a little too much wine.

As Light lead her to the dance floor she quickly became aware of several women glaring at her, a grin spreading across her face as she realised why they were glaring, she was dancing with Terrance Knights Praetorian counterpart and given how big of a fan club he had…

“Okay, they are doing a Waltz, so put on hand on my shoulder and the other in the small of my back, okay?” She whispered to him.

He let out a surprised chuckle. “You know how to dance?”

“Sort of… just don’t tell anyone. It would ruin my mega bitch rep.”

“I’ve been meaning to ask, why do you always have to act like such a mega bitch?” His question caught her slightly off guard as they moves carful around the floor. “You’re a lot more pleasant when you’re not trying to one up me or that you know.”

She thought for a few seconds, the answer coming to her in bits and pieces. “Because… because I guess I still feel the need to prove myself… I still feel like I’m an outcast… so being a bit of a bitch helps form a safety zone for me.

“As for the trying to be the best… I guess I’m just trying to show off for a guy I like.” She almost bit her tongue as the last bit slipped out, must have been the wine talking.

Chuckling he dipped as the music changed, a song that she vaguely recognised, but couldn’t place where. “So this guy… why do you want to show off to him so badly?”

{{ Kiss the girl instrumental – Little Mermaid OST }}

“Because despite me being an A grade bitch,  he treats me like a normal person, not as some outcast clone, not as some defective weapon that was thrown aside, not as a freak… as a normal human being.” She paused, wondering why the hell she was babbling, all the while one of her AI’s was trying to get her attention.

“Sounds like you have quite a thing for this guy.”

She managed to bite down on her tongue before she said anything else, as the song stared to wind down, he reached up and tapped her glasses. “Do they normally do that?”

Gladly latching onto a distraction, she noticed her logic AI had got tired of trying to get her attention and was using the small holo project in her glasses to send the message. Turing away from him she quickly read the glowing text.

Ah, I have your attention now. I noticed two of the waiting staff acting oddly, they seem to be paying both you and the best mans wife an unusually large amount of attention.

Neph looked around and quickly spotted them, two waitresses that were standing off to one side, chatting to each other. Turing back to her dace partner she sighed. “You think you can wait a few seconds, I need to talk to Nogi.”

He nodded as she made her way off the dance floor, expecting her ankle to twist any second now from her heals, pausing to look around he spotted Nogi speaking with Sera. As she reached Nogi, she paused and remembered to give a slightly respectful bow. “Um… Nogi? I mean no offence but I think something slipped past your security net.”

Turning, the shorter woman smiled as one of her ears flicked. “Oh? This one was sure she had already checked such things.” Her reply sounded almost childish, causing a slight twitch from Neph.

“So the possibility of some suspicious waitresses is no big deal?”

The kitsune grinned as she patted her on the arm. “This one already knows about them and the two in the kitchens, she has already been informed of their capabilities and intent and in return has taken measures to prevent them from causing trouble.”

“Wait… how?” Neph asked.

The shadows next to Sera seemed to flicker for a moment and Michele White, the former Mimi Blade stepped out, one hand resting on a noticeable baby bulge as she smiled softly to Neph. “I spotted them earlier and made sure to give Nogi a heads up. Blade units, but from what we can tell, they are on observation duty only.”

Neph looked down at the former blade. “And you believe them why?”

Nogi smirked at the two before stepping in. “This one can confirm what Michele-chan has said. This one rounded them up and told them exactly what will happen if the try to ruin this day.” Here eye’s glittered for a moment, hinting at what she had in mind for nay part crashers.

Feeling a slight shiver run up her spine, Neph turned to Nogi. “So you have everything under control?”

“Hai, This one thinks you should relax it is your sisters wedding after all.” Looking past Neph, she let out a slight giggle. “But this one thinks you should go back to your dance partner, she thinks others are starting to eye him off.”

Bowing again Neph started heading back to Light, each step making her want to find the man that made high heals and stab him with them. As she finally reached him, one of the shoes gave out from her constant stomping, the heal snapping off as she slid backwards, her ankle twisting at a painful angle as she bit back a string of profanity, she was surprised when some one caught her before she landed flat on her ass.

“Not the most graceful thing you’ve done you know.” Light joked as he helped her to her feet.

“When the hell have I’ve been graceful?” she asked as he helped her to her feet, bitting down on her lip as she put weight on her foot.

“Well, you weren’t doing to bad a few seconds ago.”

She let out a slight snort of laugher as he helped her back to her seat, turning back to the floor she noticed the men where leaving. “What’s going on now?”

“While you were busy talking to the others, your sister said she wished to throw her bouquet.”
Putting up her foot, she pulled up the hem of her skirt, her ankle already swelling slightly. “Probably a good thing this happened, I sure as hell don’t want to be out there right now. What if I caught the damn thing?”

Light started to laugh as he got himself a glass of water. “Then your mystery man would be in for a surprise.”

Neph grinned evilly as she picked up her glass. “I guess you would.”

She laughed as he started to splutter, turning back to watch Gir. Well she thought to herself that wasn’t so hard.

Gir looked over the assembled crowed and smiled, clearing her throat she spoke. “Okay, I need to lay down one rule with this, okay?”

There were some sounds of confusions along with a few giggles as she continued. “Simple rule, no powers for this, I don’t want to have to pay to repair another building.”

She heard a few disappointed sighs and watched as a few stoped hovering along with some giggling. Grinning she looked around the room. “Right, ready or not, here we go.”

She closed her eyes as she turned her back to the crowed and with one powerful throw sending the flowers arcing over her shoulder…

Zen Heart ran a finger around the rim of her glass, it had been an interesting day for her, she had never been to an event like this before, but she understood the meaning of it.

A union of two warriors, in sprit to face what ever the world threw at them as one.

She turned in her seat, looking at the crowed on the dance floor, not quite understanding what was going on, when something smacked into her, blinking she looked at the bunch of flowers on her lap.

Looking around she saw the women on the dance floor staring at her with a variety of emotions ranging from confusion, envy and disappointment.

Looking back to the flowers she smiled slightly, she didn’t know why some one would throw such nice flowers away, but she was more than happy to take them if no one else was interested.

Gir heard Patti sniggering as the women made their way off the dance floor, a few throwing glances to Zen as she sniffed the flowers. “Well… maybe I put to much oomph into that?” she muttered, turning to step off the stage.

“Oh wait, there is another tradition we have to do.” Patti grinned as she rested a hand on her shoulder.
Gir looked over, slightly confused as Patti pulled a slim book from her jacket. “See, the guys also get something similar, I have to throw something for them to catch.”

Gir blinked, she thought she read up on everything. “What do you throw to them?”

Grinning like a wolf, Patti lent in. “Your garter.”

“My What?”

The taller woman nodded as one of Nogi’s ninja’s appeared behind her with a chair. “It’s a tradition, see?” opening the book, Patti pointed out the line to Gir before turning to the crowed. “Gentlemen, if you could step on the floor, I shall be throwing the garter shortly.”

Dropping on to the chair, Gir blinked as a handful of men stepped on to the floor, she giggled slightly at the sight of Terrence Knight and Seiji Hayataki, forced on. Doing a quick head count, Patti spoke again. “Hmm, not really all that many… lets be fair then. Ladies, if you want a second chance, head on to the floor. Same rules as before.”

The floor quickly filled up as Patti dropped down to one knee and ducked under her dress, after what felt an embarrassing eternity, Patti emerged with the garter between her teeth.

Turning to the crowed, Patti stretched the belt before pulling it back like a slingshot, smirking as she fired it up into the crowed. Chuckling at the mad scramble, some trying to get their hands on the prize while others seemed be trying to sneak out.

Two hands emerged from the cowed, both clutching the prize tightly. As the crowed started the break up, Arthur Seraph and Prudence Gallowglass looked up at the belt they were holding, then back to each other before bursting out laughing.

“Well” Patti smirked. “I think that went a little bit better, don’t you?”

Gir smiled. “So now you have got a new auntie for us?”

The two snickered as Laz stepped up behind them, pulling Gir into a hug. “Congratulations tubby.” She teased as she ruffled Gir’s hair.

Grinning, Gir turned to her sister and retuned the hug. “Thanks Patches.”

Laz’s mismatch faced pulled into a grin as she turned to Patti. “And welcome to the family.”

Smiling Patti put an arm around the taller girl’s shoulders. “Thanks Sis.”

“But now… I sort of need you of the stage, I get the feeling that if we don’t break out the karaoke soon, Nogi might find something else to amuse herself.”
All three turned and looked at Nogi, who was currently eye Neph and light with an odd glint in her eye.

Taking her hand, Gir lead Patti off the stage. “Probably a good idea and thanks for playing Laz.”

Shrugging, the taller girl walked back to her band. “S’kay, we both know I would of made a lousy bridesmaid.” She laughed. “And besides, this is more fun, get to watch all the fun from here.”

Leading Patti back to the floor, Gir noticed that  Laz band was now three times it’s original size with a variety of musical interments she hand never seen before. Turning back she smiled as her uncle walked over, Gally following him with a smug look on her face.

He bowed to them and smiled. “Congratulations ladies.” Behind him Gally just rolled her eyes.

Gir gave him a hug. “Thanks unca Art, and congrats for catching the belt.”

Gally let out a slight chuckle. “Now I can have some more fun messing with your playboy rep, hey Arty boy?” grinning she elbowed him in the ribs. “who knows what the press will say.”

Patti interrupted. “Speaking of the press, I noticed a lack of paparazzi, any idea where they are?”

Gir suddenly seemed very interested in examining the roof.

Art chuckled. “And that’s our cue to leave love, congratulations again you two.” Looping his arm around Gally’s waist, her lead her away, she looked over her shoulder and smirked slightly as Patti stared at Gir.

Squirming, she finally replied. “Well Patti… I know you didn’t want a big deal made of this... Well… bigger than it already was... so… I sort of, maybe, possibly asked Nogi to make sure they didn’t show up.”

“No strings attached?”

“No strings, she said she understood how annoying they can be.”

Gir squirmed again under Patti’s gaze before the taller woman broke out laughing. “I’m not sure if I should be relived or upset by it, but thank you for it.”

She pulled her closer as the band started up, a soft voice echoing around the room, what sounded like deep purples “Smoke on the water” in Japanese, traditional instruments playing as Nogi sang, her voice soothing as Gir took nudged to Patti to dance, smiling brightly at her “husband.”

Sighing she rest her head on Patti’s shoulder. “Thank you… for all this.”
“Correct me if I’m wrong, but all this was your idea misses white.”

“Well then, thank you for going along with it all.”

She felt Patti’s lips on forehead as she nuzzled against her, enjoying the moment, wishing it would never end.

As the night wore down, Seraph lent back in his seat and watched Gir dance, taking his glasses off, he wiped his eyes and smiled softly. “The little Iron princes has finally grown up and found her place in the world.”

He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Tish giving him a slightly odd look. “Little Iron princess, who’s that?”

He smirked and lent back. “Part of a story I used to tell her when she was younger, of the raggedy sorcerer and the iron princess, sort of a way to explain things to her while she was still learning.”

Pulling up a chair she dropped down on it. “So, a fairy tale then?”

“Sort of… and a way to explain myself to her in a way she could understand.” he chuckled slightly. “Even as she grew and matured, she still loved to hear the stories. How the raggedy sorcerer came to the city of champions. Meeting the broken warrior… the shining paladin…” he trailed off, his eyes unfocusing slightly. “Feels so damn long ago...”

Quirking an eyebrow, she nudged him lightly. “You okay there?”

Blinking he turned to her, smiling softly. “Yeah… just thinking. Normally this is the part of the story, when the heroin has grown up and moved to her happily ever after, the helpful mentor moves off, roams till he finds another to help.”

“So will he?”

He lent back, rubbing his chin. “Well…. She’s all grown up, she doesn’t need her raggedy sorcerer anymore…”

He felt Tish’s hand grip his arm as he turned and looked down at her as he continued. “But… maybe he’s still needed here, that and he has grown to love this city.”

“Good, cuz if the ragity sorcerer tried some crap like that, I would punch his lights out.”

He chuckled. “How about a toast then? To me not doing a half ass job as a dad and too many fine years in this city?”

Getting a glass of juice she nodded. “A toast to the future.”

The glasses chimed as they taped them together. “Easy enough.” He looked back to the floor and smiled, Gir leaning against Patti as the music played softly. “To you little Iron princess.”

The dance started too winded down and the guest begun to leave, giving the two their best wishes, he absentmindedly traced a rune as he whispered. “May your future always be bright, a gift from your old raggedy sorcerer.”

With the reception over, Patti had been expecting Gir to tell her which airport they would be flying from to start their honey moon.

What she was not expecting was a trip to Positrons Lab in Steel canyon.

Gir was tugging her hand lightly as they made their way deeper into the facility, she looked around and noticed several walls were bearing a fresh coat of paint or hasty repair marks, but before she could ask Gir brought her to the main lab, the green haired girl almost jumping with excitement.

Looking up from his Bench, Raymond Keye’s smiled as he stepped over and offered his hand. “Congratulations are in order ladies.” He said in a joyful voice.

Patti took his hand, not quite sure what to say, she had never really dealt with many members of the freedom phalanx before.

Gir took the offered hand and grinned. “Is it ready?”

“Sure, no one’s used it since Justin and Shalice, but B.O.T.L.O.R. fixed it up, so it’s good to go.”

Patti looked between them. “What is good to go?”

Keye’s taped his nose then waved to the other side of his workshop. “All shall be revealed, just hop on the transport pad.”

Gir all but dragged her across the room, then leap into her arms, nodding to Keye’s. “We’re ready.”

Patti was about to ask what the hell was going on when a green light surrounded them, momentarily blinding her as she felt everything lurch, she blinked as her eyes slowly adjusted to… a honeymoon suite?

Putting Gir down she looked around the room, trying to figure out why it was so special. The only thing that really seemed out of place was the lack of a window, where they underground or something?

Grinning, Gir grabbed her hand again and dragged her to the stretch of blank wall, practically jumping with glee as she pressed her hand against the wall. “See.. I sort of had this idea for this, sort of a thing I wanted to show you but didn’t know when, it’s really special, well I think it’s special and I’m babbling now so.” blushing she turned back to the wall, a control panel lighting up where she touched.

With a light hum, a segment of the wall started to become transparent as Gir turned back to her. “So this is what I wanted to show you, the best thing from my old life.” She grinned and looked out the newly formed window, out side the surface of the moon stretching out to the horizon.

“Welcome to the Armstrong honeymoon suite at the sea of tranquillity.”

Stepping forward Patti wrapped her arms around her wife, looking out the window in disbelief, she had no idea how Gir had pulled this off, she looked out the window in disbelief, her gaze travelling along the moons surface, up to the planet earth hanging in the sky above them, the glow of the sun hitting its edge.

“This is... Gir… this is beautiful…” her voice barley a whisper as she felt the shorter woman snuggle against her.

“The perfect end to the perfect day.”

Resting her head on Gir’s shoulder, she smiled as a song came to mind, she hummed a few bars before sing softly. “Fly me to the moon and let me, play amongst the stars.”

The End
- - -
repost after haivng it proof read.... hears hoping all the typos and shit were delt with this time around >.

I dunno bout the others but I found this to be a much better read this time around, but to be fair I'm not much of a grammer nazi myself *Grin*

Internal Terr Dialogue:

'Get me outta this fuggin Tux..i hate these things..'

also one minor nitpick. Technically Terr isn't from primal, the primal Terrence Knight exists, just isn't around Smile

dark seraph

Quote:[b]Terrenceknight wrote:[/b]
also one minor nitpick. Technically Terr isn't from primal, the primal Terrence Knight exists, just isn't around Smile
true, but i couldn't remember if that was common knowledge or not Tongue

Pages: 1 2