Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: New power Proliferation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dark seraph

Shade threw this into the global, so posting it here.
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=265044

*awaits to hear the crys of doom and gloom*
but one note
Quote:Energy Aura Revamp
The most exciting part of any powers work for me personally is making improvements to existing power sets. So, porting over Energy Aura to Scrappers gave us a really good opportunity to make some changes to the set. The changes we chose to make were intended to make thematic sense and build upon strengths instead of filling intended weak spots. I won't list the lengthy patch notes here, but I will sum them up for you:
  1. Resistance on the set's auto powers were slightly increased and now include endurance drain protection and slow resistance.
  2. Entropy Shield is now Entropic Aura for Scrappers and Brutes. This power is a taunt aura that grants the user a scaling recharge buff based on the number of foes surrounding the user. The Stalker version of the set doesn't have a taunt aura, but it offers a small Recharge bonus.
  3. Repulse for Stalkers has been replaced by Disrupt, a stun aura.
  4. Energy Drain no longer has a healing component, instead it offers a small defense boost per target hit.
  5. Conserve Energy was replaced by Energize, a self Heal that offers a moderate regeneration and endurance cost reduction boost for a short while. This power works identically to the Electric Armor version.
Neph: Wow... I sudenly feel more awesome, Like I can Tank now.
DS: Ahem.
Neph: Oh... right... Seraph's don't tank, we face plant.
DS: Better.

I tossed it up, and then didn't really know where to put it on this forum. We really need a section to put data about the upcoming patches and issues.

There are several of my alts that are going to get the chop as I don't really play them to make room for new toons. ... I really really don't need an excuse to roll more characters.

dark seraph

I laught that whole reason I rolled my Fox toon (Huli Jing) Read side was at the time, Deffenders could not be Thermal/Fire.

but like hell I'm going to reroll her as a Fender now Tongue

My overwhelming feeling is "Meh." Wasn't interested in most of these sets before, so I'm not too interested now. (Although poison might be interesting, if the AoE components are decent.)

-Morgan.
Since this thread is related, I'm going to post it here: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=3728377 Its the Dev chat highlights.

More titans weapons.... and apparently Ninja/Time MM is deadly.

I was also looking through the first thread mentioned... and one of the posters mentioned some wickedly good synergies.
Dark/Ice Stalker..... Revenge is a dish best served COLD
Thugs/Sonic MM- your own personal Brute with a Hulu Hoop of Doom...
Rad/Poison Corr- Defense? WHAT Defense?
Anything/Regen Brute- what more needs to be said? ... I'm seeing a regen brute with a Titan weapon. @.@ To quote a movie: "That's not a knife. This is a knife."
Thermal/Fire Defenders- Hot, Hot, HOT!... Shields and Melting goodness!

Bring on i21!

dark seraph

MicroHue Wrote:Anything/Regen Brute- what more needs to be said? ... I'm seeing a regen brute with a Titan weapon. @.@ To quote a movie: "That's not a knife. This is a knife."
You are aware that Brutes got claws a while back, so will see a legion of Wolverine knock offs...

but maybe actuly have enought for all his cross overs Tongue

mmm. You know, I have to wonder. And the art department might hate me. But how hard really would it be to give MM's some alternate model choices for their pets? Not change anything about powers or animations, just getting to have some new models to replace the ones we have for more variety.

In fact, someone mentioned in help yesterday that for Thugs, at least, it seems like there would be little to no work needed as there are already Skulls, Hellions, and Outcasts in game that could be used.

Alternate choice would be to make sections of the pet textures User recolorable so we could customize em ourselves.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
dark seraph Wrote:
Quote:MicroHue wrote:

Anything/Regen Brute- what more needs to be said? ... I'm seeing a regen brute with a Titan weapon. @.@ To quote a movie: "That's not a knife. This is a knife."
You are aware that Brutes got claws a while back, so will see a legion of Wolverine knock offs...

but maybe actuly have enought for all his cross overs Tongue
Again. What do you think the Claws/Regen Scrapper was originally? (I believe the term "scrapper" has been used in comics to describe Wolverine.)

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Nah, Regen brutes will spawn a few million Hulk clones.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Not like there arnt already, it just means that people will prolly re roll them so that they are more like they should have been at the start
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children