Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Where's Eb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On RIFT, for one, but not just because I like the game. I haven't been back on CoX because the updater won't load. I'm working with NCSoft's support to figure out what's going on, but the launcher tells me that it cannot contact the update server. I suspect that this resulted from me installing a copy of PC Tools Spyware Doctor and then uninstalling it, because AVG was not catching something. However, I have no idea how to fix the issue. I would welcome any ideas. RIFT is entertaining, but it lacks the community that the Legendary has.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Try a program called Ccleaner by Piriform. Its a small but efficent program that lets you clean up..well. Crap off your computer, good for rooting out and deleting unused registry values which may have been left behind by uninstalled programs.
Eb:

NCSoft just made it so you have to use the NCSoft launcher and not the dedicated CoH launcher. As of today.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll