Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Servers down @ 4pm PDT 8/25/2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was anyone around when they went down who can say why/how much longer?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
found a post by Frietag over on the official forums, it started at about 1:30 PDT and an hour later they still had no clue as to how much longer it will be:

http://boards.cityofheroe.../showthread.php?t=269778

I think I'm going into withdrawals. (*Not!*)  Although I DO wish that just once they could manage a content push without breaking something requiring this sort of emergancy fix 2 days later.  Seems to me like something like this has happened the last 6-12 updates they've 'pushed'!
Update from Official Site:
UPDATED 16:13 PDT: We
will be applying a hotfix to all live servers as part of our efforts to
address the stability issues that were encountered. We will continue to
keep you updated as we have more information to share. Thank you for
your continued patience and support!

4:50pm PDT:
Main server status is now listed as "unknown" instead of "Down".  Working supposition is that the hot fix is in and the servers are being restarted....
5:20 pm PDT:
All servers now listed as UP

NO QUARTER!!!

Ransan

Yeah, star, they had a maintenance that morning for 6 hour to upgrade hardware. They went up and went down an hour later. It probably means something SNAFUed on the hardware.
Naturally, the forums are screaming bloody murder, because 'the servers have been down more then they've been up for weeks' and other doom crying nonsense. Some people are so ungrateful :lol
*SNORT* Down more than up in who's eyes? Cause, except for thursdays downtime I was unaffected.

My only wonder is that this has become such a sad, but expected state of affairs... get an update on Tuesday, on thursday they have to fast patch something they broke.

NO QUARTER!!!
They're slipping in Freedom components early to save on the utterly MONSTER update that's going to be, I suspect. And given seven years of modifying and mutating a games code in surprising ways, I'm actually amazed things don't explode more often.
Speaking of, whatever they tried to fix THIS week has REALLY blown up in their faces. All of the servers were down by Noon Pac Daylight, and some went down even before that.

And still no word on when they might have this one patched yet...

Of course, its just COINCIDENCE that this started happening after Posi handed over the Reins to War Witch so he could work on new tech...

Or Is it? (*Snicker*)

NO QUARTER!!!
They said it would be down for at least six hours today. Major hardware replacement and upgrade.
well, I dunno.... Like I said, at around 8am they were up, then slowly sorta died till they took Virtue down bout 1. THey were down till just after about 4 though I didnt know (for some reason the server status page maybe isnt working for me).

Oh, and they just took em back down to patch in the new hotfix they hope will fix it. they Hope it will only be 90 minutes, but as for me? think I'm off to bed.

NO QUARTER!!!

Ransan

Hardware is a tricky thing. Changing it while trying to keep the same image on machine can cause errors, and sometimes on a resource intensive machine like a server, you start getting errors and conflicts where you least expect them.
Yeah, and I think they're finding a few more unexpected pains in the ass, going by Frietags and Zwills constant updates on the forums. I get the feeling the tech people are earning their overtime tonight.

Ransan

Honestly. I don't think Zwill slept. He was on wehn I went to bed a 1-130 am (my time) and was on when I get up at 8:30. That's devotion.