Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Um... oopps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dark seraph

So apparently there has been a stuff up.

CoX new page tells us what happens in the Next Who will Die arc.

Mainly, who's dying.

Not saying who it is here due to spoilers, but go have a look if you want to know.

Okay, if dies in arc #5, why is it a 7 arc storyline?

dark seraph

I'm Hoping they fake their death so they can work with out anyone watching them.... it works in comic books... so why not here? Tongue

drogan niteflier Wrote:Okay, if dies in arc #5, why is it a 7 arc storyline?

Because the story doesn't end with the death. The latest chapter was based around the aftermath of Alexis Cole-Duncans death, for example.
concur with Sky. Ep 5 is the direct events surrounding the death, six is the reactions of others to the death, and seven is about the changes this brings on to Paragon and the world at large.

Interestingly enough this brings two questions to my mind... how will this affect the L45+ TF, and just what will the 'younger' generation think about this as they level up in a world without x? Personally I think it will be rather like what happened around the time the Calvin Scott TF was retired. How many remember what it was like then? and I bet it didnt take that long for people to accept just what the new status quo was.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
All I can say is that my reaction to this is mostly a distinct feeling of disgust that this announcement (aside from gripes about spoiler warnings) got one of the single most positive reactions I've ever seen out of the official forums, complete with many people stating they'll be very disappointed/irritated if they don't get to do the deed themselves.

I can understand wanting your villain to be villainous, but there's a difference between "this looks like it'll be interesting to do on my redsider" and "Ding-dong, [REDACTED]'s dead!"

YMMV, obviously.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
I can't say I'm disappointed with their choice, though I'm not all bursting with glee over the news. I think what we're seeing here is how the community flanderized the subject in question over the years. Groups are strange creatures.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

dark seraph

I'll agree with OM, I'm disappointed by a lot of the fandoms reaction.

But all the statesman hate seems to be from "Eww, he was made by Jack Emmert."

So I guess no one reads the content in the new Miria Jenkens and Tina macentire arcs that made him cool? Tongue